Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jrolson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

comet_ramp.JPG
IMG-20120806-00572.jpg
Untitled.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I seen a Comet ramp go for $284 on ebay yesterday, to much money for me to bid on it though... now if only someone could make some cheaper reproductions...

Untitled.jpg

#2 7 years ago

When you need a part...you NEED a part.

#3 7 years ago

I agree that someone needs to make these. There must be a market. Almost every Comet I've ever seen has a damaged center ramp.

#4 7 years ago

At least they started making orange replacement corkscrew ramps again - and out of heavier plastic than that crap that Williams used.

ebay.com link » Ws

#5 7 years ago

someone needs to make the Taxi Spinout ramp. I have seen broken ones go for 200.

#6 7 years ago

My last ebay purchases:

Cyclone ferris wheel ramp: $212.

Cyclone spook house ramp: $202.

When you need a part you need a part. These ramps aren't made anymore and when you have a chance at them, you gotta grab them.

#7 7 years ago

Here's some good news on the ramp front. I've heard from Pinball Inc. that they are hoping to make more Comet center ramps, possibly as early as this fall. If you're interested, it would be a good idea to tell them that you'll be a customer. (I'll buy two just to have a spare.) They're also considering making new cycle jumps. Mine is cracked as is every example I've ever seen. Again, I'd suggest letting them know if you want one. (And no, I am not in any way affiliated with Pinball Inc.! I am just grateful that they are considering meeting this need.)

The new replacement corkscrew ramps are indeed of much higher quality. You'd just about have to shoot the ball from a gun to damage them.

#8 7 years ago

Funny, I got my mom a Comet last fall with a 1-year in-home warranty from a local dealer. She told me that the main ramp cracked a few weeks ago and ball was stuck, so they called the dealer. Didn't hear back for a while. 'uh-huh' I thought to myself. Not good. Well, the dealer apparently just installed what looks like a new ramp, no charge. Never bought a pin with a service contract before (this was because she lives far away so I'm not around to troubleshoot/fix things). But I was surprised to find out the ramp was replaced!

#9 7 years ago

Does the dealer have a stock of these ramps?!

#10 7 years ago

someone needs to make the Taxi Spinout ramp. I have seen broken ones go for 200.

Comet ramp x2

Taxi Spinout x2

At those prices it is tempting to let one go anyway...

IMG-20120806-00572.jpg

#11 7 years ago

Does someone make the million right ramp for Comet?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Does the dealer have a stock of these ramps?!

I don't think so--took a while to get one, so it wasn't in stock. It's a small shop, vids and pins, games get shopped and sold without a lot of inventory, it seems. They're in Fort Lauderdale.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from FatsoPilot:

Does someone make the million right ramp for Comet?

That is what Craig was calling the cycle jump ramp. No one is making reproductions at this time.

I got my new Corkscrew ramp from ebay today and it is sweet. It is the one that Vid put the link to. Super heavy plastic, orange, and it probably will outlive the game.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Comet ramp x2
Taxi Spinout x2
At those prices it is tempting to let one go anyway...

Any chance you have one of those metal brackets on the front of the comet ramp for sale?
Or know where to buy one or have a template cutout so I can make my own?

Ive been searching for one forever since mine came without one..

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from jrolson:

Any chance you have one of those metal brackets on the front of the comet ramp for sale?

I know of a guy that had one for sale, I'll call tomorrow and see if he still does.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Here's some good news on the ramp front. I've heard from Pinball Inc. that they are hoping to make more Comet center ramps, possibly as early as this fall. If you're interested, it would be a good idea to tell them that you'll be a customer. (I'll buy two just to have a spare.) They're also considering making new cycle jumps. Mine is cracked as is every example I've ever seen. Again, I'd suggest letting them know if you want one. (And no, I am not in any way affiliated with Pinball Inc.! I am just grateful that they are considering meeting this need.)
The new replacement corkscrew ramps are indeed of much higher quality. You'd just about have to shoot the ball from a gun to damage them.

Was James talking about the Comet center ramp for a Comet or the Comet center ramp for a Cyclone? AFAIK he hasn't done any ramps for Comet yet and saying he'll "make more" implies more ramps for Cyclone.

I, and so many others, wish he'd do the other ramps for Cyclone as well.

viperrwk

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

I, and so many others, wish he'd do the other ramps for Cyclone as well.
viperrwk

Not me! I just spent over $400 for nos ramps!

#18 7 years ago

Has anyone come up with a place to buy a cycle jump ramp? It's the only thing broken on the Comet I bought today! At least that I found so far.....

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from blackheart:

Has anyone come up with a place to buy a cycle jump ramp? It's the only thing broken on the Comet I bought today! At least that I found so far.....

As others have mentioned... no dealers/ suppliers carry any of the Comet ramps. I've seen the Cycle Jump one come up on Ebay numerous times in the past (w/ a plethora of bids as well).

Did anybody else see that post about Comet playfields on RGP?
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/comet$20playfields/rec.games.pinball/MZhgKX0BiMI/7SJRSH5Rj4AJ%5B1-25%5D

*fingers crossed*

#20 7 years ago

Just found out today the cycle jump is on the list of parts Pinball Inc hopes to begin making. Guess we will have to wait, but there is hope.

#21 7 years ago

ebay.com link » Comet Pinball Machine Replacement Cork Screw Ramp Free Ship

This is the only Comet ramp being reproduced right now.

At least the color is right, last time someone did a run, they ran them in black for some reason. comet_ramp.JPG

#22 7 years ago

If anyone has the comet center ramp out there please PM me. My the one is my comet i picked up is just flat out missing.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from coderedfilm:

If anyone has the comet center ramp out there please PM me. My the one is my comet i picked up is just flat out missing.

I have an extra one but the front is pretty damaged. I will probably be putting it on ebay soon...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside