Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by too-many-pins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

I can't find my original link to my post about this machine so I am thinking I might have drained it by mistake when cleaning out my old stuff here on Pinside.

Anyway - listed in the Marketplace is a "heavy project" Comet for $450 here in Central PA. This machines was "suppose" to be sold 6 different times to 6 different people yet it is still sitting here. If anyone is interested contact me ASAP before I start parting it out. I need this thing gone one way or another and I have a guy that wants the center ramp so it is going to become parts shortly if it isn't sold.

I hate to put a deadline on it but I will say if it isn't sold by the first of the New Year I will be selling the ramp out of it and installing a damaged ramp I have sitting here.

Thanks,
Skip

PS - Sorry if this is a "double post" about this machine but I just can not locate the other post so I didn't know what else to do at this point.

#2 3 months ago

I contacted you originally and am still willing to purchase if your willing to ship. Let me know.

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I contacted you originally and am still willing to purchase if your willing to ship. Let me know.

I wish delivery to you would have worked out on my trip South earlier this week but you just didn't get back to me in time for me to get that machine in my load headed South. It was a "short notice trip" with only a "small window" for me to pull it off. I needed to be loaded before dinner on Sunday so I could hit the road South early Monday morning and still be home from a 1500+ mile trip by Wednesday night because I had a buyer picking up machines here at the house on Thursday.

I marked the machine "sale pending" for you but when I didn't hear back from you I had to make the trip without your machine in the van. Sorry this didn't work out but I tried!

#4 3 months ago

Wish I would have seen it if I got it. No problem. Good luck

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Wish I would have seen it if I got it. No problem. Good luck

I always feel everything works out for a reason so I never worry about things that don't go as planned. I wish I could have gotten this machine to you but forces outside of our control didn't let that happen. As I have told dozens of people over the years "after a couple bad experiences with shipping we just don't ship machines anymore". However if I can make delivery happen I do my best to deliver machines to customers when possible.

#6 3 months ago

I hate to see the machine parted out when I could put some time in it and bring it back to life. If you change your mind please let me know.

#7 3 months ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I hate to see the machine parted out when I could put some time in it and bring it back to life. If you change your mind please let me know.

I doubt it will get parted out with the amount of interest I have had in it but I am not going to move off my already low price when I have a guy willing to pay $100 (or more) just for the center ramp. Worst case I'll sell him that nice ramp and just put a used decent one I have in the machine and take the machine to Allentown. I just hate to start stealing more parts off of it but money is money and no one local seems to want it so I just don't know what I am going to do yet.

#8 3 months ago

I know it is just a couple days before Christmas but I am really trying to get the garage emptied out before the snow starts flying here in Central PA so I am going to give this post a bump hoping for a quick sale on this machine before I break it down and put it in storage for the Allentown Show. If it is not spoken for by 12/26 I'll take the listing down - pull the ramp I have a buyer for - and move this thing to storage.

I am really surprised - of the 12 machines I had for sale I would have thought this would have been one of the first to go. Instead it is the only one I still have? I know part of it was it was marked 'sale pending" for a good bit of time and then that deal didn't work out but I am still really surprised this is still sitting here.

Six potential buyers have come and gone so maybe this one just isn't suppose to sell right now for some reason?

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

before the snow starts flying here in Central PA

No. No, no...no snow this year...they're saying mild winter.
The one job you can screw up every day and still keep it.

I love projects, but tracking down the missing boards is what's holding me back. Could be easy, could be tough. And I'd love to try one of those new hardtops. Best of luck.

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

No. No, no...no snow this year...they're saying mild winter.
The one job you can screw up every day and still keep it.
I love projects, but tracking down the missing boards is what's holding me back. Could be easy, could be tough. And I'd love to try one of those new hardtops. Best of luck.

The sad thing is I likely have boards for that machine around somewhere but with the way I have everything packed in right now I can find anything. That is one of my main reasons for selling off machines & trying to sell the part business. It gets discouraging to know you have something - have a good idea where it might be - yet still can't get to it.

I am sure there is a buyer for this machine. Sadly I keep missing them for one reason or another. If I wasn't trying to make some elbow room I wouldn't mind trying a hardtop on it myself.

#11 3 months ago

Why can’t these be close to me lol. I’d buy it

#12 3 months ago

With the Holidays I decided to just take my listing down and go ahead and plan to move this to storage unless there is someone that wants to grab it "last minute". I don't know exactly when I will be removing it from the garage but I want the garage empty with room for a car before we get the next snow so it will not be here long. One last bump just in case someone is interested before I just add it to my Allentown Show load.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
1,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
West Deptford, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside