Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180220_201820 (resized).jpg
jumpers (resized).jpg
20180220_201647 (resized).jpg
20180220_201711 (resized).jpg
powersupply (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

You know what?...this is about every single System 9 pinball supply!

Any way you slice it, you're going to need to learn some repinning for the harness connectors.
If it were me, I would probably just repair the original, but my advice to you is to just go ahead with buying the new supply and fix the old one for a spare. A new supply will give you long term reliability and get you up and playing quickly. Then in your free time go back and fix the old one, which at least needs headers, 5V filter cap and fuse clips replaced. See the section on GI repair and connectors at this link:
http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index1.html

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

The award for worst hack job on a power supply in an otherwise decent pinball machine goes to.................

My friends Comet. He called me over to fix it when he bought it years ago. It had around 12 feet of brown lamp cord and wire nuts in the backbox. It took quite a while to unravel, one of the wires came back to where I started, totally bypassing the fuses.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

I've seen gold plated switches used instead of tungsten high voltage end of stroke switches. WTF?

Yeah, there's a whole thread of crazy hacks below. I mentioned the lamp wire one because it was just a spaghetti mess all around the power supply.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-power-supply-questions?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.