Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    MFG_APTD3216[1]_(resized).jpg
    20160218_164046_(resized).jpg
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 8 years ago

Hey Art... you've always been a class act! Health comes first so good luck with your inevitable improvement and future suntan.

Take care buddy

#52 8 years ago

My wife has been reading these posts, and keeps saying, "who's this guy they are talking about!"
    (She doesnt play much pinball.... )

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

It would be a great little business to run

Quoted from swinks:

totally agree but really has to be in the US purely for postage reasons

thought about it some more,
    maybe a franchise, 'Comet Australia'
    buy in bulk from Comet and resell to Aussie customers
    save us from postage charges

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im sorry, there doesnt seem to be a working site.

Sorry, didn't realize it was phoenixtears.ca not .com I just went to the site and see he has released a book. You can YouTube Rick Simpson as well. Hope that helps. Good luck!

#55 8 years ago

I am saddened by this news. You are class act Art and your business has always been my go to. I hope you get better and enjoy a well deserved retirement.

One of the better feelings in this life is buying a new machine and receiving a package from Comet Pinball.

20160218_164046_(resized).jpg20160218_164046_(resized).jpg

#56 8 years ago

Art, only recently had the opportunity to do some business with you. You were incredibly helpful. You are a great asset to the community. Please take care of your self and do what the Dr's suggest. And remember, there are always other cures out there. My cousin had cancer of the Brain stem, given 0 chance of survival, my uncle took him to Mexico, and today he is cancer free, and that was 25-30 yrs ago. I think at one time, might be still true, only person to beat it.

#57 8 years ago

Art you are a class act! Being somewhat new to this hobby, you have given me advice on LEDs and never steered me wrong! Every pinball machine I have had, has your LEDs in them and are a MUST when I pick up something new. I wish you better health in retirement and want you to know your dedication and your customer service are why your business is so successful!! Best of luck sir!!!

#58 8 years ago

I'm both sorry to hear this and glad to hear that you're putting your health first.

The amount of work involved in Comet has to be draining.

#59 8 years ago

Art,
    You truly are a class act. I've enjoyed the hours we've spent on the phone talking. Not only have you provided guidance in lighting my pins, and my products, you've taken time to give me a lot of professional advice as I've been trying to get my new pinball company started.

I wish I were in a financial position to take over a great company that you've so much heart into building. I wish you only the best going forward.

Thanks again for taking the time to talk to me over the years.

#60 8 years ago

Great guy, hope everything works out for you Art.

#61 8 years ago

Although I knew this was coming, it still saddens me to see it.

If I had the money, I would be picking up Comet. Anyone got the money and want me to run it? Let's talk.

#63 8 years ago

Take it easy Art! Best of luck with health and family.

#64 8 years ago

First getting started with led bulbs was very overwhelming with all the different bulbs but Art made it easy. Love the selection and prices, too. Sad to see it come to this but rest is very important.

#65 8 years ago

Thank you guys...It almost feels like me funeral!!!!
    Not gone yet....Tons of new products coming in to share, and still, I am now more medicated then before!!
    Really appreciate the concern and kindness....It is really about all us! and Pinball!

I am confident that only good things will be ahead!

Art

#66 8 years ago

You're top notch at what you do Art. I wish you all the best. Take it easy buddy, literally.

#67 8 years ago

Art, your calling me in Oct 2014 just a few minutes after I placed my very first order - as a total newbie, a week after getting my first machine as a total project - is a standout memory and example of dedication and customer service done right. At that moment I knew I'd made a good decision in attempting the Pinball Hobby. Many many thanks (and every returning order I can muster!) are always due your way, and I hope you get the R&R you deserve! Kick the health woes in the ass!

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Art, your calling me in Oct 2014 just a few minutes after I placed my very first order - as a total newbie, a week after getting my first machine as a total project - is a standout memory and example of dedication and customer service done right. At that moment I knew I'd made a good decision in attempting the Pinball Hobby. Many many thanks (and every returning order I can muster!) are always due your way, and I hope you get the R&R you deserve! Kick the health woes in the ass!

I'm a little hurt Art. You never called me. I not only bought bulbs but an entire machine
    Feel better buddy!

#69 8 years ago

Ill call you now! Ha!

Thanks.

I wanted to share, I have just finished 10 straight hours of calls! Whew!
    If I happened to miss you, either by email or phone, and you have tried to reach me....please do reach back.
    Some communication is coming via PM, Text, and Email, and its hard to match names, with phone numbers, with avatars....my heads
    spinning.

So best bet, small change, if you wish to reach me, please use [email protected],
    and it will help me keep some order.

Thanks for all your interest!

Art

#70 8 years ago

Best wishes for a super nice guy.

#71 8 years ago

Art, best wishes so you can enjoy your retirement to its fullest. You've built a great company and I hope you can find someone half as passionate, innovative and helpful as you to take it over.

#72 8 years ago

Hey Art, Is comet still taking orders currently?

#73 8 years ago

Of course! Everything is running smoothly!

#74 8 years ago

PM sent Art. I'll give you a call at some point tomorrow to have a serious chat.

You are a true asset to this hobby, and you have run Comet in the way a company should be run. Concentrate on your health and family. There will always be time for pinball...

#75 8 years ago

Awwww man. I love buying from both companies. Hopefully the next person runs them well. One of my biggest fears would be a price hike on the products. I hope I'm wrong though.

#76 8 years ago

sorry to hear, get well Art.

that's the kind of business i'd love to add to my mods.
    too bad i'm not in the USA.

#77 8 years ago

Get well Art! good luck with the sale and enjoy your time off
    You are the most generous man I have met in the hobby.
    Thanks for all your help in the past ,pinball and non pinball related.
    order placed

#78 8 years ago

Thank you all....hopefully Ill shout a message one day, "Im cured!"

I appreciate the kind words!

Quoted from sohchx:

Awwww man. I love buying from both companies. Hopefully the next person runs them well. One of my biggest fears would be a price hike on the products. I hope I'm wrong though.

Weve kept prices the same for 3 years now...I cant say thats happened in many industries.

I wouldnt expect anything drastic in changes.

Quoted from beatmaster:

that's the kind of business i'd love to add to my mods.
    too bad i'm not in the USA.

Not a Problem.....rule Canada, and set up in US too!
    Beach Vacation homes work well for this business!

#79 8 years ago

12 hours of calls done, Thank you for everyones interest and patience listening to me ramble on!

I have overlooked reaching you, PLEASE, do email me again. It would be my error with the landslide of interest,
    and my apologies if this has happened.

Thanks,

Art

#80 8 years ago

If I had the money, I would have called....

Always enjoy talking to you.

#81 8 years ago

This would be a great side business for someone. I wish it was me. Good luck art, ive never had anything but the best ordering from you.

#82 8 years ago

Take care of yourself Art! Hopefully whomever takes over can run things with the same class and enthusiasm. Always enjoy our chats we have from time to time.

#83 8 years ago

I love you guys! My wish is still to visit every show, and buy at least 1 round of drinks!!!!

You guys mean so much more to me than business....

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I love you guys! My wish is still to visit every show, and buy at least 1 round of drinks!!!!
    You guys mean so much more to me than business....

#86 8 years ago

You're a good dude, Art. Best wishes for a healthy future.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'm still hoping you'll be at SFGE, because you have more than a few rounds coming from me.

If not, I'll see you in November for sure.

#88 8 years ago

Still in my plans.....waiting on the wife to get off work!!!

Drinks and Meds? Wheeeee!

Great area for a show, SFGE!

#89 8 years ago

Hope you sell soon. Retirement is great. When you get passed the heart issues it's wonderful . Selling my company and then
    retiring was a blessing. GLWS!

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Still in my plans.....waiting on the wife to get off work!!!
    Drinks and Meds? Wheeeee!
    Great area for a show, SFGE!

Take care of yourself Art, hope to see you a SFGE

#91 8 years ago

Take care of yourself Art.
    Hope to meet you sometime!

#92 8 years ago

Thank you! I can definitely get to more shows in retirement!!!

Thats a great thing!

Always know how to get into a "little bit of trouble....."

No work, no wife, no worries! Just Pinball!

(Im with Lisa 40 years, so its a joke)

#93 8 years ago

Good luck and get well Art! Thanks for speaking with me yesterday - wish I was your buyer!!

#94 8 years ago

Art, I wish you and your company the very best! Its my dream to own my own company someday and I admire people like you who have built something great. Good luck!

#95 8 years ago

Pizza and Beer at Pintastic again this year? And I won't get between you and Taxman's Bro-fest love in.

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Art, I wish you and your company the very best! Its my dream to own my own company someday and I admire people like you who have built something great. Good luck!

Thank you!

Quoted from Patofnaud:

Pizza and Beer at Pintastic again this year? And I won't get between you and Taxman's Bro-fest love in.

More than that! We need to have a larger crowd at the balloon race/water gun fight!
    We even got a Wet T-shirt Contest out of it!

#97 8 years ago

Hey Art I have one more request, how about colored dome bulbs, transparent and translucent for the proper color led of course. There are so many spots on games where the white domes that light up red, green, blue etc. just look odd. OK now you can retire.

#98 8 years ago

Working on them...they are just lower on the list, as people buy two to four at a time, (Signs, getaway) and I have to manufacture 10,000 at a time, So I am trying to find the time if it fits, because if I sell only a couple, the break even/payback could be between 6-9 years.....
    Trying to find a lull in production so I could squeeze only a couple thousand.

The second issue is test time, while a lens like the Purple can look great as its seen know, a red cap with a red LED, is sometimes pink. A red cap with white, can do the same, or hot spot white at the tip, so the lens, depending on diode, has to be thicker at the top, differently for each color/brightness.

So let me ask, do you think its use is that of a 1 SMD brightness for a visible sign?, or another reason/application?
    Will people pay $.20 more, if there is no output benefit in a GI situation other then it looks better off in red, then white?

#99 8 years ago

OK, your way ahead of me.

I didn't know that.

To spread the light of the led is it possible to have a small dome lens on the led it's self? Or is that a dumb question?

Well I would pay 20 cents more for a bulb like that to get rid of the white domes for those exposed locations and who knows what other applications they could be used for.

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

To spread the light of the led is it possible to have a small dome lens on the led it's self?

You always have great ideas, Paul!

(some of them, new, I cant wait to send you!)

Sometimes its just time and money.

I am not sure I understand your question here, though.

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinballcom-business-for-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.