Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0590.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethbenjamin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys - I just got off the phone with Arthur from Comet Pinball. He was calling me back personally in reply to a personal message I had sent him less than an hour ago. Based on the tracking info and a couple phone calls to the post office, I had started to worry that my order got lost in the postal system. Apparently he's been getting a LOT of calls like mine, and in each case the package arrives eventually, maybe a day later than what was indicated by the tracking info. I still don't have my order in hand, but will wait to see if it shows up tomorrow or the next day.

I'm just posting this as a courtesy to Comet; it really shows that those guys care when they are willing to call you up personally to reassure you about their business. (I was the 6th person today, apparently.) When shipping is cheap, this is what we get. Lesson? Don't be in too big a hurry to get your pin project finished up, I guess. But we should already know that. And, don't freak out on the guys at Comet. They're giving us great pricing on both the product and the shipping. If you need it fast, go for the more costly option. Feeling slightly humbled, but also appreciative.

#7 9 years ago

Definitely writing to complain, I just wanted to put it out there that they've been getting a lot of inquiries about orders, and the post office is just gonna be slow about it when you're paying $4 for shipping. Art seems great and I've heard nothing but praise for him and Comet, so I trust the guy for sure.

One thing I'd reiterate: the tracking info is not to be trusted. According to my tracking number, I received the package this afternoon. (I didn't)

#9 9 years ago

It was the bit where it said "delivered" that made me freak out. Got worried it was lost or sent to the wrong house...

4 weeks later
    #31 9 years ago

Don't pay any attention to the tracking provided by Stamps.com. I freaked out my first time purchasing from Comet because tracking said it HAD BEEN DELIVERED, when it absolutely had not. It showed up the next day.

If you need to get your order more quickly, you need to pay more for shipping. If you like paying a few bucks for shipping, like I do, the trade off is sitting back and letting it take however long it takes. Unless it got lost somehow, but I would just about bet money that it's just the stupid inaccurate tracking making things seem screwed up when they aren't.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethbenjamin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-shipping?tu=sethbenjamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.