Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0590.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

Thank you for the kind words...I am both embarrassed and humbled.
    I dont handle this very well.

What I wish to add is yes, I really do care about every project a fellow pinsider is working on,
    What is hard, is its simply getting too busy!
    I need to clone myself.

My 2 headaches are related...the speed that people want bulbs...and the lack of speed from USPS.

I ask only your patience and forgiveness...I really dont think of you guys as "customers" or "customer service"... just helping friends and fellow pinheads out. So, I call...it seems easy and right.
    My apologies are for those that hear my stress...I dont hide it well...old age and meds maybe.

Thank you for the support over the last year. I am honored.

2 weeks later
    #19 9 years ago

I checked your package, and it appears the post office moved it around for 7-10 days.
    It shows it in your region on Monday.....weird that you havent seen it.
    Could you either confirm the correct shipping address by visiting your account?

At this time, we need to hope/see the Post office completes its job.

Art

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Address is correct. I don't know what the problem is. My address is not hard to find and weather is not an issue. In the future, I hope there will be other shipping options.

There is. We offer Priority Mail, but that is still USPS.
    UPS has had to many complaints
    Fedex is also available.

Dont let one postal experience soar you....they deliver millions of packages, Fedex, and UPS, can be routed through them these days, I am Told, and just this package, this time, they screwed up.

Hang in there, it will show up....so far only 1 package in almost 40 years lost....its more that we hear of the issues "not right" in Public forum, then the thousands, tens of thousands delivered correctly.

The hardest part of my Job, is the "Amazon Effect" of instant delivery....They do it best, but it conditions people to expect that always.

I am sorry that the post office has put you in temporary "hold"

#23 9 years ago

BTW, if you have an order with us from Black Friday last week, we sent an email on Wednesday, 3 business days after the sale, informing customers due to volume our 5-7 business day estimate, needed revision to 7-10 days. We doubled help, I am at 20 hours a day with my regular job too,
    But we are getting to them all. We hope to complete this week.

Here is a copy of that email. If you didnt receive, it is either in Spam, or you chose to not receive emails when one opened their account.

Holiday Greetings to All!

The purpose of this email is to reach customers
    who have placed Black Friday orders with us a few days ago.

We thank you for the tremendous amount of support...
    Quite frankly, it caught us off guard.

We have doubled our staff to process these orders, and even after 3 days
    and several hundred orders on its way, we are currently up to orders from 1 AM
    on Black Friday....Just one hour into the sale!

As we are now seeing with the orders, there has been an overwhelming
    amount of 1's and 2's as samples, and the orders are 5-6 pages long.
    Even with additional staff, it is taking longer then expected,

I share this after 3 business days into processing.

So this as an update, and respectful request for patience.
    It will take us a bit longer to process.

If for any reason, the window we now think we need, 7-10 business days,
    is not convenient, please let me know.

Thank you Sincerely,and my personal wishes for the Joy of the Holiday Season with
    Family and friends.

Art

I shared this ASAP, in the hopes to cut back on the daily barrage of "wheres my order" emails....
    We are 100% working on them...its been 5 business days now, and over 500 orders! Yikes!

#26 9 years ago

I have come back from Home Depot, getting paint to Work on my Christmas present, a beat up Whitewater. I felt human again, Pinball!!! yes!!!
    I asked staff if they wanted to work Saturday and/or Sunday, but everyone came in early this week, and stayed till 8 at night. They have championed through, only debating Music, this week, thankfully.
    We are 2/3 through and have around 170 orders left.

I have a bit of guilt for taking a day or two off on the weekend, to shop, recharge, and take care of all the the other stuff!

Reading the last 2 emails is my reward, and thank you, it means a lot to me.
    One Thank you, is all it takes.

For those who dont know me, which is many, its hard to express that I do this now for the Love of Pinball, and the joy of what finishes out a game...you know the feeling you get, when you finish fixing, waxing, LEDing, and slide the glass back on, and step back....?? its Amazing! Thats what matters to me, and when someone else achieves this, I feel good I helped, and try to empathize with your joy.

It is an honor to earn your business and trust, and I model myself after everyone here who
    does all the good they do....I have learned so much from everyone here, and if you are reading this,
    i think you know what pinball, pinside means to us as a community.

I am forever grateful...

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

If you are ever in CLE dinner & drinks are on me.

Now, that would be a treat! Thank you for the offer!

It might happen....

You see, I have an ulterior motive....I retire from my other jobs, and travel the country going to pinball shows, and visiting everyone to play pinball!
    I cant think of a better retirement plan!

Quoted from Pinballocks:

Love the Sunlight & Ice Blue.

Thank you, they are exclusive, and I am in the same boat...I just tried a few in a whitewater I am working on...Whoa!!...beautiful color match to the artwork! I know what I will be doing over Christmas Break!

Working on more colors and products all the time! Year two, should see many new things...

The new colors in Strips, have started in...Warm White, Amber, and UV in later this month,
    along with double headed Flex 5050!

Sorry...I get excited easy about this!

Thank you. Pinbalocks!

1 week later
    #37 9 years ago

I am happy to report the "missing" package was returned to me today, and reshipped Fedex....
    Nothing wrong with the address, just the local carrier deciding there was "No such address"

I do feel for a customer or anyone when that happens....but thankfully, not lost.

Other then 42 backorders, all orders from Black Friday, and a few hours ago are shipped.

We will be closed from Christmas to New Years...! Yes!!! Thank God! Now I can do my own games!

about a dozen new things in the works...hopefully most all in the next few months...

Thank you everyone!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-shipping?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.