6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN0590.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys - I just got off the phone with Arthur from Comet Pinball. He was calling me back personally in reply to a personal message I had sent him less than an hour ago. Based on the tracking info and a couple phone calls to the post office, I had started to worry that my order got lost in the postal system. Apparently he's been getting a LOT of calls like mine, and in each case the package arrives eventually, maybe a day later than what was indicated by the tracking info. I still don't have my order in hand, but will wait to see if it shows up tomorrow or the next day.

I'm just posting this as a courtesy to Comet; it really shows that those guys care when they are willing to call you up personally to reassure you about their business. (I was the 6th person today, apparently.) When shipping is cheap, this is what we get. Lesson? Don't be in too big a hurry to get your pin project finished up, I guess. But we should already know that. And, don't freak out on the guys at Comet. They're giving us great pricing on both the product and the shipping. If you need it fast, go for the more costly option. Feeling slightly humbled, but also appreciative.

#2 6 years ago

Art rocks! Great guy, great product, great prices. I'm a customer for forever! Yee ole' U.S. mail is this screwed up early in the holiday season.~SpOoKy

#3 6 years ago

Weird... my orders always seem to arrive without issue. FL -> TX.
    I guess I'm just lucky - or I'm not sitting at home refreshing on tracking number because I gotta have it now.

Art is a great person - been a real pleasure to deal with.

#4 6 years ago

I just got an order from them and the tracking didn't work. Got my package 4 days after notification. No worries. It will show up. USPS tracking blows and usually isn't all that accurate. Great guys to buy from.

#5 6 years ago

Art is really cool. I love ordering from Comet.

#6 6 years ago

I talked to Art yesterday and we talked a little about shipping. A couple of days last week business was good as the calls and email orders were coming in and they were filling them then when those were filled the orders just stopped but then about an hour before his employees were to go home a flood of new orders came in. There was no way the orders could be filled because everyone was tired from a long day so they had to be filled the next day along with all the orders that were coming in the next morning. When I order I always cut them some slack about shipping. Comet is not a big company that runs 24/7 so please be kind. Art is doing the best he can and keeping the price of his products and shipping to the bone. I know Comet has the largest selection of bulbs on the planet and am VERY thankful for all they do for the hobby.

#7 6 years ago

Definitely writing to complain, I just wanted to put it out there that they've been getting a lot of inquiries about orders, and the post office is just gonna be slow about it when you're paying $4 for shipping. Art seems great and I've heard nothing but praise for him and Comet, so I trust the guy for sure.

One thing I'd reiterate: the tracking info is not to be trusted. According to my tracking number, I received the package this afternoon. (I didn't)

#8 6 years ago

I learned long ago, USPS isn't UPS or FedEx when it comes to tracking.

Furthermore, even with Priority Mail they give 3-5 day estimated service. Bottom line, there are no guaranties with USPS.

#9 6 years ago

It was the bit where it said "delivered" that made me freak out. Got worried it was lost or sent to the wrong house...

#10 6 years ago

Art is awesome. Ive had the same problem with my last two orders, both were delivered the day after the online shipping said it would have been delivered. No worries, great product and great customer service.

#11 6 years ago

USPS does not have a clue how to route a package in an efficient manner. They do get it done in the end. I ship a lot and I see my 2-5 day packages actually arriving to the customer in up to 7 days. Emails about shipping can get frustrating because nothing can really be done about it. Shipping can become more reliable with Fed Ex or UPS but that cost would need to be passed on. For most of us waiting for leds is no big deal, if it is upgrade your shipping but keep in mind 2 day shipping may actually be 3 days.

I hope this thread can help to eliminate some of the shipping emails he may be getting. I know Art always does the best he can. His products and selection are outstanding as well as his service. Not many will give you a personal phone call, he cares. We are lucky to have suppliers like Art in our hobby.

#12 6 years ago

Art is the man, great guy, and serious about his products and serving his customers. Nice selection of LEDs and prices too, not to mention really serving our needs with new products like sunlight and ice blue.

#13 6 years ago

I just had a chinwag with Art. The quality, variety of colors & bulb shapes are second to none. He puts the Customer in CS. He called once just to make sure I ordered everything I needed. After I told him what I was up to he concurred with my vision. As Comet is the ONLY bulb supplier to carry what I needed to finish the job. Our JP looks awesome. Well worth the wait.
    DSCN0590.JPG

We will be a customers for life.

Thanks for everything Art!

Angie (Gamesovergirl) & Lee

#14 6 years ago

Thank you for the kind words...I am both embarrassed and humbled.
    I dont handle this very well.

What I wish to add is yes, I really do care about every project a fellow pinsider is working on,
    What is hard, is its simply getting too busy!
    I need to clone myself.

My 2 headaches are related...the speed that people want bulbs...and the lack of speed from USPS.

I ask only your patience and forgiveness...I really dont think of you guys as "customers" or "customer service"... just helping friends and fellow pinheads out. So, I call...it seems easy and right.
    My apologies are for those that hear my stress...I dont hide it well...old age and meds maybe.

Thank you for the support over the last year. I am honored.

#15 6 years ago

Don't forget the impending Black Friday bargains!! I'll officially become a Comet fanboy too!!

#16 6 years ago

I was No. 10 asking about shipping, lol. Stamps.com didn't send me a tracking email, so I thought it may have gotten lost.
    I don't need the stuff right away, but I don't know if there's a time limit with lost mail & the USPS.
    Anybody ordering from Canada, Art told me it takes from 5 to 21 days. I'm across the border from Buffalo, so it just might be 21 days with all the snow, lol.

#17 6 years ago

The one I hate is UPS postal innovations where UPS dumps your parcel to the local post office so any problems can be blame-shifted between the two bureaucracies.... And it takes a day or two longer.

2 weeks later
    #18 6 years ago

How long did it take you guys to get your package? Mine was shipped on Nov 17 and I am still waiting. Tracking shows it's close but the status is missent. I was hoping to get it before the black friday sale so I could order the rest of the bulbs I would need. Now I wonder if I am ever going to get it.

#19 6 years ago

I checked your package, and it appears the post office moved it around for 7-10 days.
    It shows it in your region on Monday.....weird that you havent seen it.
    Could you either confirm the correct shipping address by visiting your account?

At this time, we need to hope/see the Post office completes its job.

Art

#20 6 years ago

Address is correct. I don't know what the problem is. My address is not hard to find and weather is not an issue. In the future, I hope there will be other shipping options.

#21 6 years ago

Had the same problem with an order I placed with Art a few weeks ago. It extremely frustrated me that I looked at my tracking info every day waiting for my beautiful LEDs to make it to my mailbox that when it said it was delivered and wasn't there I went into a state of depression. I even had my machine taken apart before hand ready to go and when I thought my package was lost I ended up putting my machine back together just to have it finally delivered... Comet pinball is awesome and unfortunetly USPS is not.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Address is correct. I don't know what the problem is. My address is not hard to find and weather is not an issue. In the future, I hope there will be other shipping options.

There is. We offer Priority Mail, but that is still USPS.
    UPS has had to many complaints
    Fedex is also available.

Dont let one postal experience soar you....they deliver millions of packages, Fedex, and UPS, can be routed through them these days, I am Told, and just this package, this time, they screwed up.

Hang in there, it will show up....so far only 1 package in almost 40 years lost....its more that we hear of the issues "not right" in Public forum, then the thousands, tens of thousands delivered correctly.

The hardest part of my Job, is the "Amazon Effect" of instant delivery....They do it best, but it conditions people to expect that always.

I am sorry that the post office has put you in temporary "hold"

#23 6 years ago

BTW, if you have an order with us from Black Friday last week, we sent an email on Wednesday, 3 business days after the sale, informing customers due to volume our 5-7 business day estimate, needed revision to 7-10 days. We doubled help, I am at 20 hours a day with my regular job too,
    But we are getting to them all. We hope to complete this week.

Here is a copy of that email. If you didnt receive, it is either in Spam, or you chose to not receive emails when one opened their account.

Holiday Greetings to All!

The purpose of this email is to reach customers
    who have placed Black Friday orders with us a few days ago.

We thank you for the tremendous amount of support...
    Quite frankly, it caught us off guard.

We have doubled our staff to process these orders, and even after 3 days
    and several hundred orders on its way, we are currently up to orders from 1 AM
    on Black Friday....Just one hour into the sale!

As we are now seeing with the orders, there has been an overwhelming
    amount of 1's and 2's as samples, and the orders are 5-6 pages long.
    Even with additional staff, it is taking longer then expected,

I share this after 3 business days into processing.

So this as an update, and respectful request for patience.
    It will take us a bit longer to process.

If for any reason, the window we now think we need, 7-10 business days,
    is not convenient, please let me know.

Thank you Sincerely,and my personal wishes for the Joy of the Holiday Season with
    Family and friends.

Art

I shared this ASAP, in the hopes to cut back on the daily barrage of "wheres my order" emails....
    We are 100% working on them...its been 5 business days now, and over 500 orders! Yikes!

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

BTW, if you have an order with us from Black Friday last week, we sent an email on Wednesday, 3 business days after the sale, informing customers due to volume our 5-7 business day estimate, needed revision to 7-10 days. We doubled help, I am at 20 hours a day with my regular job too,
    But we are getting to them all. We hope to complete this week.
    Here is a copy of that email. If you didnt receive, it is either in Spam, or you chose to not receive emails when one opened their account.
    Holiday Greetings to All!
    The purpose of this email is to reach customers
    who have placed Black Friday orders with us a few days ago.
    We thank you for the tremendous amount of support...
    Quite frankly, it caught us off guard............l.

Let's give a round of applause for a man who works so hard to bring us joy not only during the Holiday season, but everytime we order from him

Innovative products at outstanding prices and a super nice guy. Honestly, I'm wicked impatient. There is just something about Art though, if my order took 2 weeks, I wouldn't even bat an eye as I know what I'm getting and who I'm dealing with

#25 6 years ago

Art is The Man! Not only does he provide great products at great prices, but he interacts with customers by phone and email, and he has a very personable style. He obviously cares deeply about providing great service, and he is very big on communication, both to individuals and via general updates through his email list (e.g., his Wednesday email update regarding Black Friday orders).

IMHO, Art is one of the best vendors in this hobby, and he should be a role model to others in the space who seem incapable of understanding the importance of information flow to customers.

Thank you, Art, for everything you do for this beloved hobby of ours!

#26 6 years ago

I have come back from Home Depot, getting paint to Work on my Christmas present, a beat up Whitewater. I felt human again, Pinball!!! yes!!!
    I asked staff if they wanted to work Saturday and/or Sunday, but everyone came in early this week, and stayed till 8 at night. They have championed through, only debating Music, this week, thankfully.
    We are 2/3 through and have around 170 orders left.

I have a bit of guilt for taking a day or two off on the weekend, to shop, recharge, and take care of all the the other stuff!

Reading the last 2 emails is my reward, and thank you, it means a lot to me.
    One Thank you, is all it takes.

For those who dont know me, which is many, its hard to express that I do this now for the Love of Pinball, and the joy of what finishes out a game...you know the feeling you get, when you finish fixing, waxing, LEDing, and slide the glass back on, and step back....?? its Amazing! Thats what matters to me, and when someone else achieves this, I feel good I helped, and try to empathize with your joy.

It is an honor to earn your business and trust, and I model myself after everyone here who
    does all the good they do....I have learned so much from everyone here, and if you are reading this,
    i think you know what pinball, pinside means to us as a community.

I am forever grateful...

#27 6 years ago

I'll tell ya where my order is... In my basement on the pool table spread out before me dying to be installed. The Ice Blue I ordered look so sexy in my Baywatch I can't wait to post pix when I'm done.
    Love the Sunlight & Ice Blue. Can't get them anywhere else at any price. And the customer service is unparalleled. He answered my email in less than 2 minutes & revamped my order in less time.

When the kids asked me what I wanted for Xmas I said, "Gift certificates to Comet" & a new Hakko 888.
    Art you're the best. Period. If you are ever in CLE dinner & drinks are on me. No expiration date.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

If you are ever in CLE dinner & drinks are on me.

Now, that would be a treat! Thank you for the offer!

It might happen....

You see, I have an ulterior motive....I retire from my other jobs, and travel the country going to pinball shows, and visiting everyone to play pinball!
    I cant think of a better retirement plan!

Quoted from Pinballocks:

Love the Sunlight & Ice Blue.

Thank you, they are exclusive, and I am in the same boat...I just tried a few in a whitewater I am working on...Whoa!!...beautiful color match to the artwork! I know what I will be doing over Christmas Break!

Working on more colors and products all the time! Year two, should see many new things...

The new colors in Strips, have started in...Warm White, Amber, and UV in later this month,
    along with double headed Flex 5050!

Sorry...I get excited easy about this!

Thank you. Pinbalocks!

#29 6 years ago

Wow, great customer service!! I actually held-off ordering becuase I had a sneaking suspicion that Comet would get swamped with orders - don't mind paying full-price to such a nice and caring guy!!!

-Nate

#30 6 years ago

I'm having a huge problem trying to get my package. I ordered on the Black Friday sale and it was shipped very quickly that's where everything went gone wrong. The package was listed as out for delivery on Monday never showed up. It was then listed as delivery status not updated on Tuesday. I called on Wednesday and they took all my information and said they would look into it. I never heard back from anyone. I called today at 11:30am and they told me they were going to list it as stolen. My son was here on Monday and I was here all day Tuesday and my son was here Wednesday. We were checking for packages all day nothing ever got delivered other packages both UPS, FEDEX and USPS and reg mail got delivered. I just checked the tracking again and now it says MOVED, LEFT NO ADDRESS This was updated at 10:49 am 30 min before I called today. What the hell is that? I am going to go to the post office first thing tomorrow and see what is going on.

Joe

#31 6 years ago

Don't pay any attention to the tracking provided by Stamps.com. I freaked out my first time purchasing from Comet because tracking said it HAD BEEN DELIVERED, when it absolutely had not. It showed up the next day.

If you need to get your order more quickly, you need to pay more for shipping. If you like paying a few bucks for shipping, like I do, the trade off is sitting back and letting it take however long it takes. Unless it got lost somehow, but I would just about bet money that it's just the stupid inaccurate tracking making things seem screwed up when they aren't.

#32 6 years ago

I just ordered a butt ton over LEDS off ART on Monday and they shipped today. Cannot wait to get them in my games! I won't buy LEDS from anyone else unless comet doesn't offer what I want. Comet is too good. So excited to see what he comes up with in the way of LEDS that have the built in resistors. Let me know if you need beats testers. Keep it up!

#33 6 years ago

Art is the MAN! Second to NONE! There are a few out there like Art, but no one better. I've had personal calls from Art as well to make sure I was satisfied with a special order I made on some new lights. I was stunned! I mean, this guy is busy up the ying yang like you can't believe, yet he takes the time to personally call to make sure a customer (who spent only $35 bucks) is happy and ask how the project came out. Unheard of now-a-days!

Art is great people and an even greater pinhead. You can deal with confidence when you deal with Comet.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Now, that would be a treat! Thank you for the offer!
    It might happen....
    You see, I have an ulterior motive....I retire from my other jobs, and travel the country going to pinball shows, and visiting everyone to play pinball!
    I cant think of a better retirement plan!

Same goes for me brothah! ANY TIME you're in my neck of the woods Art. Dinner, drinks, sleep over, w/e. My home is your home. Pintastic or otherwise.

#35 6 years ago

Take the tracking number provided by Stamps.com and just put it into USPS.com - you will be surprised.

Remember, the 2 day Priority shipping does not start when the tracking number is issued. It starts when the package is physically dropped off at the post office.

#36 6 years ago

Art is great, also spends an quite a lot of effort giving quality answers to questions as well... top notch customer service.

#37 6 years ago

I am happy to report the "missing" package was returned to me today, and reshipped Fedex....
    Nothing wrong with the address, just the local carrier deciding there was "No such address"

I do feel for a customer or anyone when that happens....but thankfully, not lost.

Other then 42 backorders, all orders from Black Friday, and a few hours ago are shipped.

We will be closed from Christmas to New Years...! Yes!!! Thank God! Now I can do my own games!

about a dozen new things in the works...hopefully most all in the next few months...

Thank you everyone!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Silverball Swag
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 81.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    PIN-UPS
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 3.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 25.00
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside