Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has been in touch with Comet pinball lately. It seems like most of their plug and play light strips in white are out of stock. I want to buy a bunch o stuff but soo much is unavailable atm. Hoping they will restock soon. Have sweet plans for my Getaway...

#2 7 years ago

Buy a 16 foot roll for 10.00 us and just solder them in place with some 18 gauge speaker wire. With the wire just .75 cents a foot.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

Buy a 16 foot roll for 10.00 us and just solder them in place with some 18 gauge speaker wire. With the wire just .75 cents a foot.

Thanks GRUMPY. do you know of a good place to buy it ? Any links? Once you cut it , do you just cut back the plastic to expose the wires to solder ?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

do you know of a good place to buy it ?

Grumpy might have a better source.

Ebay is loaded with it. Look for sellers in your country. Many have free shipping.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Once you cut it , do you just cut back the plastic to expose the wires to solder ?

YEP! Or LEDs can be purchased without the weather proof coatings. All of this is from China, Ebay is a good source for low price and free shipping. Some American resellers buy in bulk from China and resell in our area for a higher price but can offer quicker shipping (4-5 days) times. Other wise the slow boat from China applies as it takes about 3-4 weeks.

#6 7 years ago

ok cool. Is the product ok though ?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Just wondering if anyone has been in touch with Comet pinball lately. It seems like most of their plug and play light strips in white are out of stock. I want to buy a bunch o stuff but soo much is unavailable atm. Hoping they will restock soon. Have sweet plans for my Getaway...

They might have gotten cleaned out by the Black Friday sales...

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Is the product ok though ?

My pins have had LED RGB 50/50 strips for @ five years now with no problems yet. If you go to Rockcustompinballs, check out the Shadow video as its mine. It has one 16ft roll on it covering the bottom, back and the backbox. Rock was nice enough to make me a harness for a party and I was out of connector parts at the time.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, your probably right. Never thought of that.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

My pins have had LED RGB 50/50 strips for @ five years now with no problems yet. If you go to Rockcustompinballs, check out the Shadow video as its mine. It has one 16ft roll on it covering the bottom, back and the backbox. Rock was nice enough to make me a harness for a party and I was out of connector parts at the time.

Just watched the video. Looks awesome !!

#11 7 years ago

I ordered the last they had Friday mid day of the 3 LED white

#12 7 years ago

talk to ryanwanger about Comet, he owns it now, might have the info you need.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I ordered the last they had Friday mid day of the 3 LED white

Well that wasn't very nice of you !!!

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

talk to ryanwanger about Comet, he owns it now, might have the info you need.

Thanks. Ill reach out to him or maybe he cane chime in here ? Let us know when the restocking will commence.

#15 7 years ago

This is all i could find online in 6volt. Pretty cheap. Do you think these could be cut down and used ?
    ebay.com link: 1 2Set 30cm LED Lights Strip USB cable powered by Notebook TV Computer 6V

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Exactly. For the 7smd strips, at our current selling pace, we had a 4+ month supply in almost every color. The 3smd strips were part of the Black Friday sale, and yet the 7smd strips were just about entirely sold out in the first day.

You can order longer strips for anything that we have left in stock (10smd, 20smd, 50smd), and then cut them down to the length you need (all you need is a scissors and 5 seconds of spare time)...though that will be a little more expensive.

We're ordering more immediately, but it can take a month+ to get back in stock. Lesson learned.

If ever have questions like this, the fastest way is to reach out directly, through PM, or email: [email protected]

#17 7 years ago

ebay.com link: 5M Cool White 5050 SMD 300 LED Strip light flexible 60led m WATERPROOF 12V
    You need 12 volt strips as the flasher circuits run on 20 volts.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:Just watched the video. Looks awesome !!

Much better in person. My phone doesn't take very good videos.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

12 volt strips as the flasher circuits run on 20 volts

Im just looking to hook them up to the GI.

#19 7 years ago

Just ignore what I said.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

Just ignore what I said.

Its all good So would the strips in the link work ?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Im just looking to hook them up to the GI.

GI = AC volts. LEDs = DC volts. I would think that Comets LED strips have some sort of rectifier built in to work with AC power. It maybe easier to use The Comet 6 volt strips.

#22 7 years ago

The strips from ebay are 3528, and 12 spread over 12 inch.
    That diode is one diode on a 4 SMD, where Comets are 5050. 4 times brighter and denser.
    A huge difference in light and adjustable in brightness.

In addition, its possible that these were made specifically at 5v. 6.3V is almost 30% more current
    then its rated for.
    I dont think there would be an issue, but its possible.

The development of the strip to work on AC/DC, (GI and Inserts) in itself took time and errors to get
    right.

With up to 20", frosted coating, dimmable, plug and play with Matrix, its really a no brainer.

Consider where you want to use them, and consider if Pads, Cobs, circles, or strips fit your game and vision best.

Ryan and Janet are top notch, and a short wait for stock is worth it.

#23 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I will wait.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-plug-and-play-light-strips-out-of-stock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.