2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20161203_201012 (resized).jpg
    20161202_223551 (resized).jpg
    LcVTxnF (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 1.13.38 PM (resized).png
    IMG_0032 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0029 (resized).JPG

There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 2 years ago

Just placed large order.. 660 worth. Probably will have regrets when the cocktails wear off

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Just placed large order.. 660 worth. Probably will have regrets when the cocktails wear off

Wow. Thank you!!

Edit: No seriously, thanks. That's amazing.

#53 2 years ago

No sale on retro bulbsssssss... noooooooooooooo... (I guess you can't beat $11.25 for a 25 pack)

#54 2 years ago

And finally, here are the final details of the sale:

Free t-shirt for $199 or more.

- 49 cent whites by the 25 pack (2LED, 1SMD)
    - 49 cent 2SMD twin 2835s by the 25 pack (all colors)
    - All RGB products are on sale (go find 'em!)
    - All 8SMD flashers are on sale
    - $1.99 3SMD 6.3v strips (includes connector kit)
    - $2.99 bumper discs
    - $0.99 6smd crystal fan bulbs
    - $1.49 white 4+4s (insane 8smd GI bulbs)
    - $1.49 4+1 fluxes
    - $1.99 2 Wire Fluxes
    - $1.29 1 Wire Fluxes

Sale page is here: http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1877.htm

Been frantically getting everything up so I haven't checked email yet. About to dive in. If I'm slow to respond, I'll get back to you as soon as I regain consciousness.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

No sale on retro bulbsssssss... noooooooooooooo... (I guess you can't beat $11.25 for a 25 pack)

Dang...we almost added those. Next time.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Also the 8 SMD flex flashers are showing out of stock.

The natural whites are out sadly. But most of the other colors are in. Those were a last minute add. It teases you by showing them in the dropdown.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Dang...we almost added those. Next time.

Can I keep my receipt for next year? I sound like my mom.

#58 2 years ago

I don't see "bumper discs" on the BF page. Is that supposed to be the pop rings or something else?

Edit: My bad - they just weren't showing up on my phone. They show up fine in a normal size browser.

#59 2 years ago

Just got my order in. A little frantic because I'm visiting family and did not prepare. Had to look at online manuals and pictures all morning to see what I needed.

#60 2 years ago

Noob question:

Where do you guys use?

4+1 fluxes
    white 4+4s
    6smd crystal fan

Also, should I always get 2SMD twin 2835s over the regular white for GI and back box lighting? Will 2835s create hotspot on the translite?

#61 2 years ago

order placed, thanks for the sale

#62 2 years ago

ryanwanger, is it first come first serve or everything on sale will be available throughout? I might not be able to place my order before Sunday and do not want to miss out.

Thanks!

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

ryanwanger, is it first come first serve or everything on sale will be available throughout? I might not be able to place my order before Sunday and do not want to miss out.
    Thanks!

It seems like first come, first serve. They are already running out of stock on Black Friday items.
    Great sale though.
    -Kyros

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

They are already running out of stock on Black Friday items.

Really?

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

6smd crystal fan

These are great in the older Gottlieb bumber caps as they don't show a defined circle thru the thin cap but more of a spread of light. I use them in my system 1and system 80.
    Mike

#66 2 years ago

Yeah, I was hoping to grab some Red and Green 2SMDs 2835s (25pk). Both already sold out and I ordered this morning.
    I was still able to get Blue.
    -Kyros

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

Yeah, I was hoping to grab some Red and Green 2SMDs 2835s (25pk). Both already sold out and I ordered this morning.
    I was still able to get Blue.
    -Kyros

That sucks as I haven't started shopping yet. I seem to remember other years that even if art ran out of stock you got a rain check on his next shipment...... I always received everything I ordered.....

#68 2 years ago

Placed a $360 order this morning. Thanks for the sale!

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

I seem to remember other years that even if art ran out of stock you got a rain check on his next shipment

That is what I'm hoping. Hopefully, Ryan can enlighten us when he comes online. It will sure be a busy weed-end for him

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

That sucks as I haven't started shopping yet. I seem to remember other years that even if art ran out of stock you got a rain check on his next shipment...... I always received everything I ordered.....

I remembered it the other way - if they were sold out of something you couldn't order it. I'm sure one of us is right!

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I remembered it the other way - if they were sold out of something you couldn't order it. I'm sure one of us is right!

lol ..... oh man.... well I would never put money on my memory.... I tend to live in a magical world where everything turns out ....
    I am really hoping to get an order in but my visa has fraud on it and visa caught it yesterday... so I am out a credit card for 1-2 weeks.... and somehow I don't see the conversation going well in asking my wife to use her credit card for $500 in bulbs... ohhhhh man if she only knew what I spent!!

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Just got my order in. A little frantic because I'm visiting family and did not prepare. Had to look at online manuals and pictures all morning to see what I needed.

That's dedication!

#73 2 years ago

Order placed. Thank you for the great deals!

#74 2 years ago

Ordered placed -- another t-shirt to wear when playing pinball. Thank you.

#75 2 years ago

Any codes for just random orders?

#76 2 years ago

Order placed, This is my first order from comet. I always use cointaker, but looking to try something new. Thanks

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

Any codes for just random orders?

There is a menu option on the top left that has links to all the Black Friday products. No special codes needed.

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 1.13.38 PM (resized).png

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Order placed, This is my first order from comet. I always use cointaker, but looking to try something new. Thanks

Not to knock CoinTaker, but Comet is my favorite LED source (by far.)

#79 2 years ago

order placed

#80 2 years ago

Thank you so much for everyone who has ordered so far!

Sorry, for this sale, when it's gone, it's gone. As new owners, this was our first time doing a big sale, so lots of lessons to be learned! By the time this is over, we'll be experts for next year.

We're overwhelmed by the great feedback and support from the community. Thank you all! It's been a fun ride since we took over in July!

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

It will sure be a busy weed-end for him

Pinball is my drug.

#82 2 years ago

Got my first time order in early this morning. Glad I did. Small order but first foray into LEDs.

#83 2 years ago

Ordered as much as I could Ryan but Art supplied me so much the past 2 years I didn't need much. Also I placed my order and then added 2 more of the matrix led pads (sorry) I used the add to orginal order for shipping and put the orginal order number in the notes. Hope it doesn't mess you up too much.

#84 2 years ago

Got my order in for my common go to's. Thanks again Ryan.

#85 2 years ago

Put my second order in with Ryan this morning. Comet is Awesome to Canadian's. Very much appreciated.

#86 2 years ago

My order already shipped! Now that's awesome service!

#87 2 years ago

I got most of what I wanted ... out of stock on other bulbs. Thanks for the sale. "We" appreciate it!

#88 2 years ago

Do you give rainchecks?

You are out of the $1.99 3SMD 6.3v strips (includes connector kit) natural light, and I wanted to get a quantity more. I got your last ones.

Thanks
    Dan

#89 2 years ago

Order placed!
    And i don't really even need any more LEDs but the deals were too good to pass up.

#90 2 years ago

Good enough motivation to get bulbs to re-do a game that's been on my list for months!

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Also I placed my order and then added 2 more of the matrix led pads (sorry) I used the add to orginal order for shipping and put the orginal order number in the notes. Hope it doesn't mess you up too much.

No big deal - this is the way to do it. We've been good about catching them all.

Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Do you give rainchecks?

Sorry, not this time. I think we need to be sure we know what we're doing before attempting that!

Thanks everyone for all the orders. You're keeping us *really* busy.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

No big deal - this is the way to do it. We've been good about catching them all.

Sorry, not this time. I think we need to be sure we know what we're doing before attempting that!
    Thanks everyone for all the orders. You're keeping us *really* busy.

That is cool, most companies that have black Friday sales, only have those prices apply to stock on hand.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

That is cool, most companies that have black Friday sales, only have those prices apply to stock on hand.

This is my first rodeo, but I think that makes the most sense. Especially given that this is a 5 day long sale! I can't imagine there is going to be much left at this rate.

#94 2 years ago

Order placed! Thank you!!

#95 2 years ago

Order placed. Thank you!

#96 2 years ago

Order placed, but none of my stuff was part of the BF discount offerings

Just needed to finish off a few things for my one pin. I've ordered from Comet a few times now, and while their prices and selection are great, their service is also superb.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Order placed, but none of my stuff was part of the BF discount offerings

Not even the free shipping?

#98 2 years ago

Awesome deal! The twin 2835 warm white frosted is my #1 choice for "stealth LED" treatment in EM's. Even anti-LED people like them. Why? Because they can't tell the difference!

I use them to illuminate the backbox areas where the bulbs stay on all the time (reels, artwork, etc). But you'll need the non-ghosting 1SMD warm white frosted to prevent flicker if using in any on/off areas (ball count, match #'s, TILT, game over, etc) and under inserts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stealth-led-a-recommended-recipe-for-ems

#99 2 years ago

This thread is making me all warm and fuzzy. I love the vibe going on here and the responses so far.

However it seems like I may have missed the sale. Tomorrow I'll be doing a bunch of moving and rearranging of games and may get a list of bulbs needed for FT, ID4, maybe a few others. Hopefully there will still be some stock left. Comet LEDs are awesome. I chose Comet to LED my first game, JP, and will be using them again soon.

#100 2 years ago

Just sent in my order. Hopefully I counted and wrote down. Everything right, got enough to finish off three machines

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 25.50
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 18.95
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 26.50
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 254.99
    There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside