Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by amkoepfer
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160922_152727 (resized).jpg
20160922_152722 (resized).jpg
20160922_152716 (resized).jpg
sharpies_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4269_(resized).jpg
IMG_2083_(resized).jpg
IMG_3918_(resized).jpg
IMG_1831_(resized).jpg
IMG_1826_(resized).jpg
IMG_1692_(resized).jpg
IMG_1661_(resized).jpg
IMG_4751_(resized).jpg
DSC_0066_(resized).jpg

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Before and after of my restored Baywatch. Just wanted to share for any of those curious about Comet Pinball's products. I'm very happy and just wanted to say thanks!

Baywatch_Before_After_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Thank, You!

Looks Great!

#3 4 years ago

wow... looks very cool... which Led's you used in the backbox...? Frosted or clear?

#4 4 years ago

Looks amazing, were the GI's out for the photo on the left? The slings and outlanes look completely dark.

#5 4 years ago

I have standardized on the Comet Twin 2835 SMD Frosted Daylight White bulbs for my backboxes. Nice even light that makes the artwork pop.

#6 4 years ago

I just received some Comet LEDs and so far, they are great! Definitely my new go-to LED supplier.

#7 4 years ago

ok so i have to change all my Pinballcenter superflux leds... The frosted leds looks 100% better

#8 4 years ago

Looks great! I can't say enough positive things about Comet. A great guy ad a great product.

#9 4 years ago

Looks great! Comet sells nice stuff for sure.

Your before pic would be a bit more accurate if not every single GI wasnt burned out

#10 4 years ago

They are very customer oriented and great products at great prices .

#11 4 years ago

Just ordered a few leds from Comet because their color changing selection is pretty wide. I'm very impressed with the color changers and the few cool white stuff they had qnd now I'll have to order more and try them all.

Color changers were all awesome. The rgb with 2 flex are awesome. They will be easy to mount and put in those hard to reach places.

Normally I use cointaker or pinball life bulbs. But these are right there in brightness and quality.

#12 4 years ago

i don't use comet .... for my gi and the inserts i used pinball life ghost buster frosted... here is an example... but frosted for the boackbox looks awesome

DSC01782_(Medium)_(resized).JPG

#13 4 years ago

Do u have a vid of color changers? I almost ordered some today.

#14 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm super excited how it turned out. Maybe not as noticeable in the after photo is that I put some warm white SMD LED strips in the tower lock ramp and in the drain, two notoriously dark areas in this game. Looks very nice.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thank, You!
Looks Great!

Thank you for your awesome service and prices!

Quoted from MightyGrave:

wow... looks very cool... which Led's you used in the backbox...? Frosted or clear?

Frosted, warm white
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/100-pack-2smd-ct-ft.htm

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Looks amazing, were the GI's out for the photo on the left? The slings and outlanes look completely dark.

Yeah... That's how I bought it, it definitely needed some light.

Quoted from jrivelli:

Looks great! Comet sells nice stuff for sure.
Your before pic would be a bit more accurate if not every single GI wasnt burned out

Lol... That pic is very accurate as that's the before and after. It is what it is. I guess I could have put in some incandescents just to take them back out, but you get the idea.

#15 4 years ago

colorchanging only in the backboard

#16 4 years ago

Love comets.

#17 4 years ago

price! quality! selection! always innovating!

what is not to love!

#18 4 years ago

I have been using comet leds in my stern pins and so far they are great.

I also put some in a system 3 game 2 months ago and could not be happier. I mostly used the frosted 2-led bulbs and if I needed something brighter or highlighted I just pop the frosted dome off. For the price they charge I was expecting bulbs that were junk....

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Ckykedworld:

Do u have a vid of color changers? I almost ordered some today.

Just order 1 of each

#20 4 years ago

Art is the best , and an outstanding product line...
Big fan !

#21 4 years ago

The Fluted Dome LED's are quite simply the best on the market, I use them mostly for GI but man are they great, the led strips are invaluable for me to bring my pins to full lighting glory. I do use the pinball life spots for the slings and other applications so I hope Comet makes them soon, one order sounds nice.

DSC02614_(resized).JPG
886942_10153948162558086_4300615217009786266_o_(resized).jpg
1273863_10153956036888086_4330477431967548620_o_(resized).jpg
DSC02471_(resized).JPG

#22 4 years ago

I could have made the same original post. Changed my Baywatch to comet LEDs recently and it does look great! I also ordered the energi maestro and installed it - no more "Clicking" for GI. Nice improvement.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The Fluted Dome LED's are quite simply the best on the market

Thanks Hazoff, and all the kind words shared by everyone!

Ill take a moment to vent and be a salesman here......

I really love these bulbs too!

For DMD Games, and/or a desire for a bright GI, I share and use Twin 2835 in Frosted, or In the Fluted mentioned, or even Op-Max mixed.

The Lens on the Fluted Dome is quite special now.
We have done several revisions.
First you have the same diodes, everyone is now familiar with, Twin 2835, that are used in the GI of most of
last dozen games, I guess from Stern.
These are in Clear, and likely are a bit to bright for older games in clear, as the socket positions, and screening of plastics werent designed for "this bright". So the Answer is frosted Twin 2835 for GI, as the
Best Seller these days from us. (In Sunlight White). I recommend these, and they are in our Master Kit, as the safest Bulb, for the Brightest look.

However, The Fluted Domes really Rock, as Hazoff is seeing with his eyes.
First, you have the same Twin 2835 Diodes, Then you get the nice shape of a Bullet, with the sides fluted!
This creates a Star Burst Pattern, where frosted is a soft fuzzy ball. The Rays of the Star Burst extend much further on the playfield, and creates an interesting, yet stunning lighting on the Playfield!
The Lens itself has been revised several times, to create a textured diffusion on the inside tip of the bulb.
This helps with diffusion, and helped dial back any spotting or Haloing.
This can still happen in rare cases, mostly thin screened or repro plastics.

Anyway, thanks for sharing these again...certainly worth a look to make a game a bit different.

Thank you all for allowing me to share my visions and dreams in lighting, and using them in your games!

A well lit game...that means only whats right for you.....is a joy!

as a small reminder, if you have a game you may have put LEDs in 3 or 4 years ago, just changing a few bulbs, adding some new color, ICE BLUE, color changing, an LED strip somewhere, will have you look at the game differently! I find I start playing that old favorite again with renewed passion, with a few changes
in bulbs, a waxing, and some new Silicone Rubbers from Matt at Titan.

Worth a shot, it should work for you too!

3 months later
#24 3 years ago

Alright, someone has got to help me out. For the life of me I can't wrap my head around how to order the 250 piece master kit.

I select the kit
I select the base type (because it says I have to?)
I select the lens type
I select twin SMD
I add 5 sets of 25 white twin SMD bulbs
The total is way off

What am I doing wrong? Just want to get this right. Thanks for the help!

Screen_Shot_2016-05-31_at_9.14.36_AM_(resized).png

#25 3 years ago

Happy to help. Id be happy to give you a call, if you shoot me a PM.

What you need to do is delete the two line items of white, the ones without the Masterkit picture, leaving only the line with the master kit.
Go back to the Master Kit page, and add 5 packages of 25 white from that page, and the total works....no need to navigate away from the page.

For Modern Games, its 2 packs of 44/47, and 3 packs of #555. Frosted is overwhelmingly recommended on any game....

Please do reach out if this is still confusing, and Ill give you a call and walk you through it.

Art

#26 3 years ago

Ordered, thanks Art!!!

#27 3 years ago

Thanks!....its tricky to get a "canned" website to do all we want, but some changes will be coming to this method...I hope.

A couple new products in...with a neat pile coming soon...Ill be making some posts this week, but one great thing tested
well last night, finally, almost 1-1/2 years, about 8 protos.....a Single Bulb that does a look of Fire!! Yeah!

#28 3 years ago

Looks great! I did my black hole in comet LED's and it turned out looking awesome. Getting ready to do a GNR now with comets again, gonna try those fluted domes in the GI I'm thinking. But Art's got me second guessing with these fire LED's....whaaat!? Can't wait to see those!!

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

a Single Bulb that does a look of Fire!! Yeah!

This sounds very cool and could have some nice applications. Williams Fire!, the Mordor section of LOTR . . .I'm also willing to bet there are some people who love to "over do" things and there are going to be some very funny looking (as in bad) games that people are going to be so proud of.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

a Single Bulb that does a look of Fire!

Great! I know we talked about it a long time ago. I'm looking forward to seeing it available.

#31 3 years ago

Ill post a video..hopefully today...Its 4 SMD, 1 red always on, as fire doesnt "go out".
The other 3 are a rotating Red, Warm White and Orange.
Today, I am testing 2 together, to see if they off sync, which will make the look more random.
Next step, when it arrives, is some speed controls, to slow down the bulb, or slow 1 of 2....

Ill post here, as they wont be available for sale yet, so a "formal" announcement will be placed, when they arrive for the site....

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill post a video..hopefully today...Its 4 SMD, 1 red always on, as fire doesnt "go out".
Today, I am testing 2 together, to see if they off sync, which will make the look more random.
Next step, when it arrives, is some speed controls, to slow down the bulb, or slow 1 of 2....
Ill post here, as they wont be available for sale yet, so a "formal" announcement will be placed, when they arrive for the site....

I need these for my JP topper lamp = perfect!

As you hinted, the blinking LEDs (fast & slow) do sync-up in the bottom 2 rows in my JP backbox - would be nice to find solution to keep them more random, but not a big deal ultimately.

#33 3 years ago

Even if they sync up you just have to have them in different speeds. I put a couple of slow flashers and a couple of fast ones in my TZ backbox and it is perfect.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Even if they sync up you just have to have them in different speeds. I put a couple of slow flashers and a couple of fast ones in my TZ backbox and it is perfect.

Yep, but the fasts and slows in the backbox eventually find each other and sync-up and blink together as sets at their respective rates. Again, not a huge issue as I have mixed them in. Kinda looks on purpose if you don't know what you're looking at.

#36 3 years ago

Manual blinking control proto types are in the works.....For those that want absolute control and speed of blinking....it is suppose to take any bulb, not a blinking bulb, and create an external blinking rate thats adjustable....Awaiting the prototype in 6.3V...12V tested OK, just trying to shrink down.

Having Fast and Slow is a great choice, clean and easy....I have not yet seen these sync.....but anythings possible.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Manual blinking control proto types are in the works.....For those that want absolute control and speed of blinking....it is suppose to take any bulb, not a blinking bulb, and create an external blinking rate thats adjustable....Awaiting the prototype in 6.3V...12V tested OK, just trying to shrink down.
Having Fast and Slow is a great choice, clean and easy....I have not yet seen these sync.....but anythings possible.

Art, thanks for the update and great line of Bulbs. Hope to see ya at SFGE

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just after I put in another big order you go and outdo yourself again with another great product! Can't wait for these, will probably go extremely well in my Fire!

#39 3 years ago

Got caught off gaurd today..Ill try to post a vid tomorrow.

They should be in stock in a couple weeks....hopefully it will make people happy!

Hi Vic! Still hoping to get to Atlanta... I wont know on this until last minute.

#40 3 years ago

Video of 2 Fire Bulbs Inside a MezelMods Proto Barn that was clear printed, and painted with acrylic paint.

Not a full fledged staged video, so the bulbs arent positioned perfect, nor is the paint job designed for it...theres like 12 coats of paint on this as we were testing many things......

#41 3 years ago

I saw a thread on a pinball facebook page recently about comet bulbs dying after 3 months on route. anyone want to confirm?

comet_pinball_facebook-blurred_(resized).jpg

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Video of 2 Fire Bulbs Inside a MezelMods Proto Barn that was clear printed, and painted with acrylic paint.
Not a full fledged staged video, so the bulbs arent positioned perfect, nor is the paint job designed for it...theres like 12 coats of paint on this as we were testing many things......
ยป YouTube video

That looks pretty cool Art....

Can you make a video of the bare bulb lit up?

I wonder how these would look in Fire!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That looks pretty cool Art....
Can you make a video of the bare bulb lit up?
I wonder how these would look in Fire!

Not sure if you've seen this but here's what I did with my Fire! All Comets.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club?tq&tu=Chuckwurt#post-2558261

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I saw a thread on a pinball facebook page recently about comet bulbs dying after 3 months on route. anyone want to confirm?

Yes, we had a customer who had a commercial operation with a quantity of bulbs all fail.
We could not replicate what happened, but it happened. We had communicated with customer, but our resolution and theirs did not match,
and resulted in an irate customer with post.
Not sure if his games got a spike, or they all turn on with a breaker throw? or somehow, he received a bad batch of bulbs, but testing here and at factory could not figure out.

We feel terrible it happened, immediately sent samples of all other grades, as these were the low end $.26 bulbs that failed, just in case the customer was correct, and bulbs were bad. Those replacements were reordered.

Sadly, we could not appease the customer, and the result was Cyber Bullying.

#45 3 years ago

He also admitted to having a deal with one of your competitors. I also noticed he used higher end bulbs vs. Comet .26 cent bulbs. Rant was posted in every FB forum he could find to keep it classy.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sadly, we could not appease the customer, and the result was Cyber Bullying.

wow that sucks..I'm surprised the moderator of that group didn't moderate it. Sorry I brought it up

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That dude posted the same thing to multiple facebook pages, the ones I saw I responded with a few pics of Art's bulbs used in the exact same era D.A machine (Robocop) looking awesome. Some people hey, seems everyone knew the guy was just a little b... though.

#48 3 years ago

No worries...he had a legitimate complaint, just couldnt communicate......

Anyway, back to the Fire Bulb! With the 12V Matrix coming soon, there will be several different ways, and brightness to create
Fire, Explosions, Volcanoes... Hopefully you guys will play around enough to create the right mix!

For me.....4 weeks till retirement!

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

4 weeks till retirement!

Nice nice, come to Australia for a holiday and enjoy !

ps bring pinball lights with you so that you can bling my pins out

Happy retirement mate.

#50 3 years ago

I've checked both the running temperature (what kills LEDs is overdrive, and over-driving them is EASILY discerned by operating temperature) and operating current on the inexpensive Comet LEDs and I see no problem. I don't have a "commercial" quantity of them and have only had them for a short period of time but from the operational parameters I *measured* I expect I'll never need to change any of them over the life of the machines in which they're installed, my lifetime, or perhaps both. I have had a couple of dead ones "out of box" but out of a few hundred two or three dead ones is pretty comparable to what you get with incandescent bulbs; occasionally you do get a bad one even with old-style filament bulbs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, PA
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La Verne, CA
$ 22.50
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside