Comet Pinball is hiring what we're guessing should be called a "Product Engineer".
Comet Pinball is looking for someone to help take our pinball lighting products to the next level. We’ve got lots of ideas that haven’t yet seen the "light" of day, and we’re open to new ones as well. One goal we have is to expand the Matrix line to include more options for interactive and customizable lighting mods. Having someone on our team who is dedicated to cranking out new products would be dreamy.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has access to a variety of different pinball machines
- Is extremely comfortable working under the playfield, and understands power & wiring
- Has the mechanical/electrical ability to turn concepts into working prototypes
- Can contribute an average of around 10 hours per week (but we’re super flexible)
- Extra super bonus: can do simple board design, or willing to help find (and work with) someone who can
This is a part time position, and the work would be done remotely. You decide when and where stuff gets done - most communication would happen through email and other online tools. And maybe once in a while on the phone, particularly if you’ve got a soothing radio voice.
In regards to the pay for this kind of work, we will base it on your abilities and past projects, and can work together to find a fair hourly rate.
I don’t really want resumes, but if you’re interested, send me a PM to tell me more about why this sounds like a good fit for you. Include any relevant experience or projects, inside or outside of pinball.