(Topic ID: 201314)

Comet Pinball: Game Specific LED kits

By ryanwanger

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1097_thumb (resized).jpeg
    FIMG_1499 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1116 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1682 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1836 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0389 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey all, just wanted to use this space to announce new products and other news about what's going on at Comet Pinball. Feel free to reach out anytime with questions, suggestions, issues via PM on Pinside. If you've got questions about a current or past order, it'd be better to email [email protected].

#2 6 years ago

Hey all, we just launched game specific LED kits. Aside from my underwhelming photography skills, they have been coming out great and the initial feedback has been very positive. We've got 9 games at the moment: TSPP, FT, IJ4, ACDC, Tron, LOTR, WCS94, SP, and POTC.

If there are other games you'd like to see, please reach out - we'd love to hear from you.

IMG_0389 (resized).jpgIMG_0389 (resized).jpg

IMG_1097_thumb (resized).jpegIMG_1097_thumb (resized).jpeg

FIMG_1499 (resized).JPGFIMG_1499 (resized).JPG

IMG_1116 (resized).jpgIMG_1116 (resized).jpg

IMG_1836 (resized).jpgIMG_1836 (resized).jpg

IMG_1682 (resized).jpgIMG_1682 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blakester:

Hey Ryan,
    What do you recommend for GB Premium? Dialed in LE?

I tried updating some of the bulbs in my GB pro, and thought the new colors were only marginally better. (Hardly anyone playing it on location even noticed or said anything).

What do you find lacking about either of those games?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

not sure about gi in GB prem if those are socketed

GI in GB Pro is socketed. I'd assume it's the same on Premium.

Quoted from pipes:

I installed the LotR kit with LED OCD board from Ryan a couple of weeks ago. Great product and takes away a lot of the hassle when converting to LED's. Thanks for the excellent customer service as well Ryan!

Thanks so much @pipes, you were the first one to buy it!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Do you have both "Normal" (all white bulbs) and "Clown Puke" options? I'd like to LED up an AFM but have zero interest in colour LEDs.
    Also, a GI-Only option would be great.

I'm very confident that we use color more sparingly than most other kits. If the photos above constitute clown puke, then you're probably out of luck.

I haven't done an Attack From Mars, but if you just want GI, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how many bulbs you need (for reference, Fish Tales has around 30 bayonet GI bulbs). In AFM they're almost certainly all bayonets (but I'd check, WCS used almost all wedges...but most other WPC games use bayonets). I'd probably go with Sunlight (or maybe Warm White if you want a warmer look...Natural White will be too cool given the AFM art). Can't go wrong with frosted. 2SMD (twin 2835) will be nice and bright: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ct-ft.htm

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-game-specific-led-kits?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.