Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 250 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed(1) (resized).jpg
    comet_black_friday_2020 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    12955C65-4FC8-449F-B2C8-2AB5D0C69E78 (resized).jpeg
    20191211_153143.jpg
    20191211_153212.jpg
    20191211_152443.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207-194453_Firefox.jpg
    F26F95CD-F97F-4158-8E32-BD7E055CD9DE (resized).jpeg
    D8012EB4-EC0A-43A7-B2E3-DF25B59C7436 (resized).jpeg
    69726477-A692-4485-B192-C2EE0A483B5C (resized).jpeg
    CF2929C1-FC6A-4DA2-B17E-BE1DA83BCC74 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191203-062430 (resized).jpg
    all_put_away (resized).png
    comet_goodies (resized).png
    There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 4 years ago

Yeah, I figured it would be a nightmare too so I made sure to get mine in at 12:01. Hopefully I got all I needed lol. I didn't buy any wedges because I plan to convert my Eight Ball Deluxe to bayonets. I really hope I'm not in over my head on that one

#102 4 years ago

Bump this. I was going to post about comet. Awesome. Buy now!

#103 4 years ago

Ryan, what's brighter, or are they about the same: your original 1-LED bulbs, or your new Retro-SMD bulbs?

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Hey Ryan- any idea when the Pop Bumper Discs, 555, Red will be back in stock? I was able to get everything I needed (and some things I didn't need) but wasn't able to get that for my Getaway Pop Bumper (Red, Yellow, Green). TIA

That was one of the other problem bulbs. There were a few items that didn't arrive before the sale...but product is coming in today. So, sign up for an email notification, so you'll know when they're back. If we haven't sent out your order yet, then you can place a new order without paying for shipping and we'll combine them.

Quoted from Budman:

Retros are out of stock

Unfortunately some are, but not all of them.

Quoted from jibmums:

Ryan, what's brighter, or are they about the same: your original 1-LED bulbs, or your new Retro-SMD bulbs?

They're basically the same...but if you're splitting hairs, the SMD Retros probably are a hair brighter. The LED style (which are discontinued but some styles are still in stock) don't last nearly as long (probably hundreds of hours), but the SMD style will be thousands of hours.

#105 4 years ago

Just placed my Comet order, but the pop bumper kits are already out of stock.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I placed my order last night as soon as it went live, the way people in this thread were talking I figured items would sell out.

me too!! late night and eyes were a little blurry, but i made it thru! order shipped already!

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

me too!! late night and eyes were a little blurry, but i made it thru! order shipped already!

Yeah mine shipped as well, talk about being on the ball.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from WonderMellon:

Just placed my Comet order, but the pop bumper kits are already out of stock.

Are the troughs still available? That's a great deal, and they usually run out.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Hey Ryan- any idea when the Pop Bumper Discs, 555, Red will be back in stock?

Hey daveddd14 Conveniently, these arrived today. You can do an add to order and get 'em!

#110 4 years ago

but the pop bumper kits are already out of stock.

What are pop bumper kits?

Also, if you must post about things we're out of...please be more specific so you're not misleading others. Do not condemn an entire family of bulbs just because one specific type is out!

#111 4 years ago

Ordered today, not enuff fr free stuff, but still saved a few bucks. Thx!!!!!

#112 4 years ago

Just bought an HUO Shrek for my sister and her family.

Do you have any LED recommendations? I’d prefer to keep the color close to the existing incandescent bulbs.

Thanks!

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

That was one of the other problem bulbs. There were a few items that didn't arrive before the sale...but product is coming in today. So, sign up for an email notification, so you'll know when they're back. If we haven't sent out your order yet, then you can place a new order without paying for shipping and we'll combine them.

Dang it. I needed those too. I didn’t figure they would have come in today. Oh well

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

What are pop bumper kits?
    Also, to anyone here posting about things we're out of...please be more specific. Do not condemn an entire family of bulbs just because one specific type is out!

Fair point! I was not specific. I am not a fan of colored GI lighting so was looking for warm white. After rechecking, I do see colored options are available. Sorry for not being clear.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Hey daveddd14 Conveniently, these arrived today. You can do an add to order and get 'em!

Done. Thanks for the great customer service.

#116 4 years ago

Ryan, I was only able to spend 200 this year but thanks for doing this. Don't feel bad about the complaints. Most of us really appreciate this.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Dang it. I needed those too. I didn’t figure they would have come in today. Oh well

Yeah, awful timing.

You can still add them to your order without paying for shipping if it hasn't gone out yet. Message me if you don't know what that means.

Fair point! I was not specific. I am not a fan of colored GI lighting so was looking for warm white. After rechecking, I do see colored options are available. Sorry for not being clear.

Are we talking about the pop bumper discs or something else? We don't call anything a "pop bumper kit". Just wanted to make sure there isn't something I can help with!

Quoted from daveddd14:

Done. Thanks for the great customer service.

Our pleasure! Things are moving really fast today as you can imagine, so just trying not to mess anything up!

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Ryan, I was only able to spend 200 this year but thanks for doing this. Don't feel bad about the complaints. Most of us really appreciate this.

I shan't scoff at $200 - that's awesome! We really appreciate it. Lunch for the team all weekend is on @rustylizard

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from ODENONMYSIDE513:

Big shout out to Ryan, thanks for taking care of my order when I goofed it up, you the man!

The same from me. Ryan gives the best service and communication! Thanks for this sale, Ryan!

#119 4 years ago

Hi ryanwanger when you have a moment could you reply to my latest PM and/or email about the same post-order question? Thanks

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Are we talking about the pop bumper discs or something else? We don't call anything a "pop bumper kit". Just wanted to make sure there isn't something I can help with

Yes. Pop bumper disks. Hoping to put them on most of my games. Looks like warm and cool white are out of stock.

Sorry I missed the sale on these, but I did pick up retro and 2smd lights. I can’t compete with RustyLizard... my order only came to just over $100.

Thanks for having the sale!

#121 4 years ago

Yesssss just placed my order!
    Best 0.59 I ever spent.

#122 4 years ago

Order placed! I arrived too late to snag my beloved sunlights, but warm white will do.

#123 4 years ago

Everything I wanted is out of stock now. Oh well...……….

#124 4 years ago

2 smd sunlight frosted - sold out -

I was in the middle of putting the order in & got the "sold out" message; oh well there is always next year.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

I was in the middle of putting the order in & got the "sold out" message; oh well there is always next year.

For those of you following along at home, that was a four month supply gone in less than 24 hours!

I'm...speechless.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

For those of you following along at home, that was a four month supply gone in less than 24 hours!
    I'm...speechless.

Wow, congrats, Ryan! And I second (more like thousandth) the excellent service sentiment.

So did I win? ☺️

#127 4 years ago

I am happy to have helped to deplete that inventory.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm...speechless.

Get used to it. You run the best pinball LED company on the market. People are finally realizing it.

#129 4 years ago

Guess you didn't realize how much your product is loved and talked up in forum threads.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

Apologies. I'm partly to blame. These bulbs are my go-to, so I placed a healthy order. enough to convert 3 pins.

#131 4 years ago

Whenever someone who wasn't/isn't able to get everything they want out of our sale, it definitely hurts! I really do feel really bad about it, and am very sorry. It's certainly not intentional. Although it probably doesn't seem like it, we have been getting a little better at the sale each year...but this year really drives it home that our projections are never enough. We'll take a much bigger step next year. Might require a bigger office.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Apologies. I'm partly to blame. These bulbs are my go-to, so I placed a healthy order. enough to convert 3 pins.

Totally not your fault. We actually have some maximums in place so that they'd be available for all. In theory.

Quoted from cp1610:

Guess you didn't realize how much your product is loved and talked up in forum threads.

There have been some incredible threads lately on here and Facebook, where by the time I see them, my comments aren't needed because you all have handled it for us already! It's very humbling and makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Those types of threads get passed around to the entire team (which is 5 and a half people...and the half is moving away in a few days).

But still. Wondering what we should do for next year...8 months worth of inventory? More?

#132 4 years ago

Definitely the best LED’s on the market...
    Looking forward to see how the fire leds look like in real life ..

In my haste had to set up a new account and put the wrong email address..
    Order #43921
    Cometpinball has already corrected it for me ...

Definitely the best customer service I have had...

Thanking you
    Dave

#133 4 years ago
    empty-shelves (resized).jpgempty-shelves (resized).jpg
    #134 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

that was a four month supply gone in less than 24 hours!

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It's my fault. It's all of the advertising I have been giving you when I go out to fix my vintage pins.

DSCF4584 (resized).JPGDSCF4584 (resized).JPG

#135 4 years ago

For those playing at home, Ryan does the best business of any of the LED companies. Best customer service and quick (well, little slower durning holidays ) turnaround. I just got an order a month ago restocking for a couple projects and still managed to get a $200 order in last night. I don’t think I have even had a bad bulb come from them and I’m pretty sure if you did and let him know there would be a replacement in the mail the next day. Ryan is a class act in and age where actions should be what people are judged on not words.

You haters keep whining and I’ll just keep plugging orders in to have the nicest looking games bacause of him!

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm...speechless.

Awesome! Unfortunately, I didn’t need anything on the sale list, but I placed an order yesterday anyway.

Are you going to ship orders from full paying customers first, or make us wait in line behind all those freeloaders?

Just sayin’

BTW, I put in my order notes to remind you that I don’t like Tootsie rolls. I can hardly wait to see if you honor my request or if you choose to spite me.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Whenever someone who wasn't/isn't able to get everything they want out of our sale, it definitely hurts! I really do feel really bad about it, and am very sorry. It's certainly not intentional. Although it probably doesn't seem like it, we have been getting a little better at the sale each year...but this year really drives it home that our projections are never enough. We'll take a much bigger step next year. Might require a bigger office.

No problem Ryan! I still got a good many neat things, so I'm happy. I learned my lesson for next years sale!
    The early bird..... !
    Murph

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome! Unfortunately, I didn’t need anything on the sale list, but I placed an order yesterday anyway.
    Are you going to ship orders from full paying customers first? Just sayin’
    BTW, I put in my order notes to remind you that I don’t like Tootsie rolls. I can hardly wait to see if you honor my request or if you choose to spite me.

You're probably going to get a box of nothing but Tootsie Rolls.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you going to ship orders from full paying customers first? Just sayin’

Quoted from SKWilson:

You're probably going to get a box of nothing but Tootsie Rolls.

Screenshot_20191130-075649~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191130-075649~2 (resized).png
    #140 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

So did I win?

Someone beat you this year by $26.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you going to ship orders from full paying customers first, or make us wait in line behind all those freeloaders?

Interesting idea...we ship starting with the orders who saved the least. Ha!

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If Tootsie Rolls show up, you won't know if we're spiting you, missed the note in all the madness, or have nothing left but Tootsie Rolls. Who doesn't like Tootsie Rolls anyway?!? It's not like we're talking about Circus Peanuts.

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

No problem Ryan! I still got a good many neat things, so I'm happy. I learned my lesson for next years sale!

Thanks for the good attitude. I'm still sad that we've run out of stuff.

Are those flavored Tootsie Rolls any good @daditude?

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Even with my add-on of the 100-pack sunlights??

#142 4 years ago

If you really want to get on my bad side, throw one of those peeps in my order - yuck!

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Interesting idea...we ship starting with the orders who saved the least. Ha!

If Tootsie Rolls show up, you won't know if we're spiting you, missed the note in all the madness, or have nothing left but Tootsie Rolls. Who doesn't like Tootsie Rolls anyway?!? It's not like we're talking about Circus Peanuts.

Thanks for the good attitude. I'm still sad that we've run out of stuff.
    Are those flavored Tootsie Rolls any good daditude?

Why are you wasting time responding to imbeciles (oh wait, I was one of those asking questions)? Shouldn’t you be fulfilling orders? Maybe you have elves that do all the grunt work at your LED factory?

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Why are you wasting time responding to imbeciles, shouldn’t you be fulfilling orders?

That's it, peeps for you!

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Maybe you have elves that do all the grunt work at your LED factory?

This is still true. Except during Black Friday. I've been the dedicated checker...so if there is anything wrong in your order, it's my fault!

Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Even with my add-on of the 100-pack sunlights??

Not sure. I'll get our data analysis team on it right away!

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Are those flavored Tootsie Rolls any good daditude?

Personally, I prefer the flavored Tootsie Rolls over the original.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just sayin’

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one! I still have a huge supply of 2smd bulbs, but I placed an order for other stuff anyway. Happy Holidays!

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

If it was me it was the last second add of the sonic cleaner dust.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

If it was me it was the last second add of the sonic cleaner dust.

What was your total?

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm...speechless.

yup.. didn't get shit this year, sold out of 555 2 smd sunlight frosted. maybe next year you guys will be better prepared for the havoc.

#150 4 years ago

I got what I wanted....

If not I wouldn’t have waited till next years sale lol. The bulbs are quality and priced well.

There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-black-friday-sale/page/3?hl=odenonmyside513 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.