Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17567841-DBDA-4DD4-9A9D-C8644D071BFA (resized).jpeg
    6C219726-66EA-4B7A-BE0C-7083BBDAEA4F (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20181205-WA0011 (resized).jpeg
    D0A0B83C-7C6B-4D15-BBC2-15AADEB1B84B (resized).jpeg
    image003 (resized).jpg
    22E8D27A-6D38-4882-A332-F820DE7E4DB8 (resized).jpeg
    9BA50659-F098-492C-A25A-F503C0C2D63E (resized).jpeg
    19BD2343-6AE0-46E2-92C4-06CE68212A83 (resized).jpeg
    C5567CFF-9393-40DA-9A3D-656E44CEB904 (resized).jpeg
    BA7EDFFA-3DF0-4BA0-B65B-0F403A22A19E (resized).jpeg
    6FF5C20D-25CE-45DD-B5C8-1525CDDA34DB (resized).jpeg
    32B7D36F-6AF7-44E8-BE86-518B9914B020 (resized).jpeg
    498CEAD8-DD4F-46CF-AEE0-A627D31ADD96 (resized).png
    5E883ECC-F9B3-4463-BBFA-0057DBF17169 (resized).png
    0D7A8F89-07EA-437A-8980-36846F00DE81 (resized).jpeg
    BE6C6865-DE01-4EFB-9347-14DD8D0A77E0 (resized).jpeg

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

Yeah a sale on 1SMD Nonghosting 25 packs and i'll be all over that.

#102 5 years ago

Need some 50smd seizure bulbs!

#103 5 years ago

Non ghosting bulbs for sure.

#104 5 years ago

Some 'flashers' for Stern Spike games would be a good addition

#105 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hear you on the non-ghosting. That might be possible someday.

Quoted from ScottyC:

Some 'flashers' for Stern Spike games would be a good addition

So basically 5v flashers? Are yours dying, or is it that you want different color choices, or something else entirely?

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Thanks for the suggestions.
    So basically 5v flashers? Are yours dying, or is it that you want different color choices, or something else entirely?

Yep 5V. Either they were missing or wanting to change up the colors.

#107 5 years ago

Love how fast the shipping is from Comet. Filled fast and correctly *thumbs up*.

#108 5 years ago

an idea for a product would be a rgb led on a mini board (similar to a one insert stern board) to replace a bulb / bulb connector for 80's games with 2 solder pads but then have a screw to wind / adjust the rgb colours just for under all the inserts only - if that is even possible.

#109 5 years ago

Ordered some warm whites for Evel Knievel, and they still have that blue-ish "cool white" tint to them, even behind the backglass. I will probably end up using them in inserts, but have yet to find an led that really looks like an incandescent, in that temperature range. Cant stand them anyplace they're visible, and I've tried them all. Frosted, non-frosted, white, sunlight, warm white, different suppliers - notta.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

an idea for a product would be a rgb led on a mini board (similar to a one insert stern board) to replace a bulb / bulb connector for 80's games with 2 solder pads but then have a screw to wind / adjust the rgb colours just for under all the inserts only - if that is even possible.

Interesting. Why 80's games specifically? And why adjustable RGB...so you can make it any color you want...even colors we don't already have?

Quoted from pinzrfun:

I will probably end up using them in inserts, but have yet to find an led that really looks like an incandescent, in that temperature range. Cant stand them anyplace they're visible, and I've tried them all. Frosted, non-frosted, white, sunlight, warm white, different suppliers - notta.

This is something we could explore.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Interesting. Why 80's games specifically? And why adjustable RGB...so you can make it any color you want...even colors we don't already have?

well it could be any era really, but yes to adjust to any colour

I did a mini circuit board dip switch design a few years ago which gave you 7 colours (red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta and white) but with that part and a part to allow + and - to be swapped (didn't matter how it was hooked up) made it too expensive (US made with import costs etc) so only made 100 of them but once hooked up was cool,

happy to share the design for a swap of some parts.
    image003 (resized).jpgimage003 (resized).jpg

#112 5 years ago

Just got my order, so damn excited to get them in my bsd. Thank you guys! On a side note....how many bulbs do I need to order to get TWO pieces of candy lol! Maybe my mailman knows you put candy in there! Love you guys!

D0A0B83C-7C6B-4D15-BBC2-15AADEB1B84B (resized).jpegD0A0B83C-7C6B-4D15-BBC2-15AADEB1B84B (resized).jpeg
    #113 5 years ago

LOL... I think that my order was missed for the candy. Not complaining at all, just forgot about the candy until this thread.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

On a side note....how many bulbs do I need to order to get TWO pieces of candy lol!

A single Tootsie Roll is the equivalent of coal in your stocking! Just kidding. But yes, usually the candy scales based on how big the order is. The best ones got 5 or 6.

Quoted from kcZ:

I think that my order was missed for the candy. Not complaining at all, just forgot about the candy until this thread.

So sorry about that! I'm sure I've missed the candy step a few times when packing orders. There are also other factors, for example if your package is a few ounces under one pound, we may leave out candy because adding it would tip the order into Priority Shipping, which bumps the cost up significantly. On the other hand, if your package is already going Priority, I'll usually put in some extra since it's usually flat rate, unrelated to weight. And international orders don't get candy.

TL;DR It's a mixture of art and science.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

LOL... I think that my order was missed for the candy. Not complaining at all, just forgot about the candy until this thread.

At least you didn’t miss making your order right. I got the post light up kits and should have ordered 2 kits for a single game - I ordered “1 kit” for a game not thinking.

#116 5 years ago

My order arrived faster than expected! Thank you!
    Quick question-
    As I was reorganizing my bulb collection I realized I had a bunch of comet bulbs from past orders mixed up alltogether (all frosted white versions I believe).
    Is there a way to tell which bulb is which color white (via the stamped markings on to the bulb base?). Or a visual “bulb cheat sheet” available so I don’t have to test each one to see which type of white it is?

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Is there a way to tell which bulb is which color white (via the stamped markings on to the bulb base?). Or a visual “bulb cheat sheet” available so I don’t have to test each one to see which type of white it is?

If they have a clear lens, then you can probably tell. The diodes on the Warm White is almost orange. The Natural Whites have a pale yellow/green color. Sunlight is in between.

If they are frosted, then you can't tell. Maybe that is something we can have changed at some point. If we removed the 6.3V from the base, then we'd have some extra space.

The new flex sunlights we started carrying have black bases, which look pretty sexy...but doesn't help you in this specific case.

#118 5 years ago

Yeah I knocked my containers of Warm White Frosted 555's and Cool White Frosted 555's off of my work bench one night! That took about 45 mins to sort out plugging them into a translite one at a time.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

If they have a clear lens, then you can probably tell. The diodes on the Warm White is almost orange. The Natural Whites have a pale yellow/green color. Sunlight is in between.
    If they are frosted, then you can't tell. Maybe that is something we can have changed at some point. If we removed the 6.3V from the base, then we'd have some extra space.
    The new flex sunlights we started carrying have black bases, which look pretty sexy...but doesn't help you in this specific case.

Do you have enough space for just one letter? W for warm, C for cool, S for sunlight?

#120 5 years ago

I got my package and thanks for the flipper kit but sadly no USA candy

#121 5 years ago

Just got my leds from the post office. Can't wait to try them!

Ryan, thanks so much for your customer friendly way of handling international orders!

IMG-20181205-WA0011 (resized).jpegIMG-20181205-WA0011 (resized).jpeg
    #122 5 years ago

Already putting my order to good use on this gem.

6C219726-66EA-4B7A-BE0C-7083BBDAEA4F (resized).jpeg6C219726-66EA-4B7A-BE0C-7083BBDAEA4F (resized).jpeg
    #123 5 years ago

Got my candy yesterday thanks Ryan!!
    Oh, was about about 150 2SMDs in the box too, how quickly I forgot.

#124 5 years ago

Done! Left some incandescent because I’m lazy and don’t want to take the game all the way apart to reach three bulbs. Haha

17567841-DBDA-4DD4-9A9D-C8644D071BFA (resized).jpeg17567841-DBDA-4DD4-9A9D-C8644D071BFA (resized).jpeg

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-black-friday-sale-2018/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.