Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Schabs81
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A34CD69-C286-45A4-909D-4E7B4E52D59D (resized).png
    20171129_214133 (resized).jpg
    20171129_214012 (resized).jpg
    20171129_214002 (resized).jpg
    20171129_214552 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

Which do you think is more likely for 2017: a Black Friday sale...or the first time ever for Comet Pinball not to run a Black Friday sale?

Hmmm......

#24 6 years ago

Huge Black Friday sale once again at Comet Pinball!

15-30% off selected products (2SMDs, 8SMD flashers, 4SMDs, 10SMD lighting strips, post lights, and Opmax) while supplies last. Orders over $199 get a free $22 sample kit of our Matrix lighting products. Sale runs all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

We'll have all hands on deck and already rearranged the office for maximum speed/efficiency. There are 25 empty postal bins sitting by the front door...bring it on!

http://www.cometpinball.com (Sale page not live yet)

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Ohhh I️ am hoping the matrix components are

Yep! Post lights and strips. And there is matrix a sampler kit if you order $199 or more.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I know Im chillin.........

This guy has it all figured out!

Quoted from Langless28:

Yeah defiantly need a lot of flashers. Hope flex flashers are part of the sale!!

My heart sank a little. All 8SMD flashers are on sale...except for flex. Sad trombone. (We just don't normally sell enough of those to justify stocking up for a sale).

Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I hate that I work every Black Friday and I miss the good deals as they are sold out by the time I get home.

This sucks! The sale will go live around midnight on Thursday (not sure which time zone). Last year we were total newbies and ran out of some stuff very quickly. This year we've planned ahead better, but it's still possible/likely we'll run out of certain things before it's over. Mostly I just spend the few weeks before the sale and the few weeks after stressing about inventory levels.

Quoted from ypurchn:

You should just go ahead and do a pre Black Friday sale or give pinsiders a code so you can start counting bulbs sooner rather than later!

This year we're trying to keep the shipping madness down to as few days as possible, and take a day and a half off before it starts.

ya i spend the night before getting my order ready, then i just have to click order....

This is dedication.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Ryan any specials on your 12 volt bulbs (555 style) or is are these like the flex flasher where there isnt enough demand to stock up in bulk on them?

The 8SMD wedge seen here will be on sale: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm (these are the same size/style as 906 incandescent bulbs).

Quoted from chuckwurt:

All 2 smd bulbs part of the sale?

Edit: Whites, ice blue, and amber of these: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ct-ft.htm.

Quoted from Plumonium:

Ryan, anything this year to cut the shipping cost down for us fellow Canadians?

Sadly no. We've actually been exploring some options internationally. We need higher international volume to have a shot at better prices. Maybe we can figure out a way to get it lower in 2018. No promises.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

What are the 555 style socket bulbs that can handle being connected to a 906 style flasher bulb with the pad sticking out sideways on some short wires from the socket?

Flex flashers? http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflexflash.htm

Quoted from KingBW:

Both of my flasher bulbs under my "Hooked" lighted apron burned out after a couple of uses. Might have been the wrong bulbs.

Just to clear things up, #555 bulbs, aka wedges, aka T10 socket, are a 6.3V bulb.

What people usually call "flashers" means 12 or 13V. Those are what would be 906 in incandescent world, and are a T15 socket...which is larger than the T10. (However T10 sized bulbs would fit in a T15 bracket, and we do have 12V bulbs that are T10 sized like these: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/5smdflash.htm).

Seems like those aprons probably use both. The bulbs that trigger when a 12V flasher goes off in the game should also be a 12V bulb. If it was a 6.3v bulb instead, they would have burned out quickly.

Hopefully that made sense. Message me if you still need help!

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

No 1 SMD or NG bulbs?

Correct, only the things listed.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What time Friday does the sale start?

The plan is midnight EST (meaning, roughly two hours from now). Be kind if I end up a little bit behind.

#43 6 years ago

Sale is up! If there are any issues, send me a direct message. I'll get that faster.

To clarify the 2SMDs and 4SMDs have limited colors that are on sale (whites, ice blue, amber for the 2SMD...and whites, red, and purple for the 4SMD). Turns out, it's very difficult to gauge inventory 4 months in advance!

All other products are all colors. And in some cases, there is an upper limit on how many you can buy. You can thank the guy who bought 100+ lighting strips last year!

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've been wanting to order fast blinking #47 bulbs and 1smd frosted #47 sunlight bulbs for a while, but both have been out of stock every time I've checked lately. Any chance those will return at some point?

They will return. Really sorry, we've been having manufacturing issues on those. Should have them back in the next two to three months. I'll send you a message as soon as they arrive.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Most of what I wanted wasn't on sale but hey, it's only pinball!

Only doing certain products seems to be the route for us, but maybe that will change sometime. Thanks so much for understanding! It's a stressful time for us, so we love the extra good vibes.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

They will return. Really sorry, we've been having manufacturing issues on those. Should have them back in the next two to three months. I'll send you a message as soon as they arrive.

Oh, sorry. I misread this. The blinkers have been having issues. 1SMD frosted sunlights should be arriving much sooner.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

No 25% off deal on the 25 pack of Optimus Max? The 25% off x 25 bulbs is almost the normal 25 pack price...

Those went from $1.99 each to $1.79 each. Some things are 10% off. Some things are 25% off. Some are as high as 33%.

So sorry, truly wasn't meant to be misleading.

#62 6 years ago

Glad you still ordered @kiwipinz. Maybe next year we can do 1SMDs also.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

The matrix 1 smd frosted flex bayonet quick connect 44/47 & 555's come up in the cart at $1.39 each but the website show's them at $1.09 each. Not sure if there is an issue on my end or that side, I know you have a ton going on right now but wanted to let you know.

Thanks for pointing that out. This is actually a limitation of our e-commerce site. The frosted cost more, but because the price on the page doesn't update automatically when changing from none -> frosted, you won't really see that until you add it to your cart. There might be something I can do about this going forward.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I was disappointed for the price.

Haha, so are we. Opmax in particular are very expensive to make...one of our lowest margin bulbs.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbriese:

Order placed....and a reminder for all of you to start working on those top 7 things to do while waiting for your order.

Haha, thanks for mentioning that. I think it's time to freshen up that email...

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Ryan do you have that small light for the shadow rings? #7268 bulb?

Sadly we do not, so sorry! Maybe something we should consider for the future.

#82 6 years ago

Great job this year Ryan and crew! Only one thing was out of stock on my order!!!! Amazing can’t wait to try the matrix system!!!

Thanks!! So good to hear. Can't wait to see what you do with the matrix...

#90 6 years ago

I had been dreading the frenzy of this sale, but it actually went very smoothly. Each year we'll get a little bit smarter about how to do it right.

Thank you so much to everyone who ordered!!! All the comments we got have been extremely positive and appreciative, and that went a long way to making it...dare I say...fun?

Group hug?

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

They came so fast that I had time to see what I forgot and put in a second sale order!

Did you really? Amazing.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

My order was shipped and tracking says it is delayed. Lucky me lol.

Bummer.

The USPS has been consistently great for us...but not perfect of course. Once in a while a package goes rogue. If it's been a week and there is no update, please reach out to us and we'll get you straightened out.

...well, your package anyway.

And by package, I mean the order we shipped to you. MAYBE THEY STOLE IT AND ATE YOUR CANDY?!?

i live in canada... it always feels like it is delayed.. lol... I don't know what i expect to see when i keep clicking on that tracking number.. but i keep on clicking..

As sad as I am that you have to wait, I have to admit that it's flattering to have customers obsessively checking tracking information because they're so excited.

#112 6 years ago

Someday I'll do an audit on delivery times for different countries. I'm certain that Italy is the worst. Packages just sit in customs there for about a month. It almost feels like they wait until people get fed up and start making calls, and then the package magically arrives!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-black-friday-sale-2017?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.