Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Schabs81
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A34CD69-C286-45A4-909D-4E7B4E52D59D (resized).png
    20171129_214133 (resized).jpg
    20171129_214012 (resized).jpg
    20171129_214002 (resized).jpg
    20171129_214552 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

Got my order today, tons of awesome goodies in the free matrix sample pack. way bigger then i was expecting it to be. look forward to testing them out.

Thank you again for the great sale

#102 6 years ago

Oh, they won't go to waste. But for us they're too bright any place you can see the bulb. Haven't tried them in hidden GI areas yet. Left slingshot is incandescent, right slingshot is Led. In the back box they are in the player one score reels, and incandescent in 2, 3 and 4. Again, too stark white for my liking, though they did brighten up the rest of the artwork in the backbox aside from where it says Grand Prix, kind of washed out the color. I put one in the left pop bumper, makes the yellow look good but I don't like the stark white throw underneath onto the playfield. Look good under the white inserts, which I have plenty of. Like I said, won't go to waste. That's why I appreciate the chance to try new things at a sale price.

20171129_214552 (resized).jpg20171129_214552 (resized).jpg

20171129_214002 (resized).jpg20171129_214002 (resized).jpg

20171129_214012 (resized).jpg20171129_214012 (resized).jpg

20171129_214133 (resized).jpg20171129_214133 (resized).jpg

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

But for us they're too bright any place you can see the bulb.

You're right about that. If I have direct line of sight to a bulb I'll go with one SMD instead.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Oh, they won't go to waste. But for us they're too bright any place you can see the bulb. Haven't tried them in hidden GI areas yet. Left slingshot is incandescent, right slingshot is Led. In the back box they are in the player one score reels, and incandescent in 2, 3 and 4. Again, too stark white for my liking, though they did brighten up the rest of the artwork in the backbox aside from where it says Grand Prix, kind of washed out the color. I put one in the left pop bumper, makes the yellow look good but I don't like the stark white throw underneath onto the playfield. Look good under the white inserts, which I have plenty of. Like I said, won't go to waste. That's why I appreciate the chance to try new things at a sale price.

I prefer 5050s for EMs. I assume these were the twin smd bulbs that were in the sale. Those are too bright for EMs. I think the 5050s are not as bright.

#105 6 years ago

warm white frosted 2 SMD is where the love is!

#106 6 years ago

My order was shipped and tracking says it is delayed. Lucky me lol.

#107 6 years ago

i live in canada... it always feels like it is delayed.. lol... I don't know what i expect to see when i keep clicking on that tracking number.. but i keep on clicking..

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

My order was shipped and tracking says it is delayed. Lucky me lol.

Bummer.

The USPS has been consistently great for us...but not perfect of course. Once in a while a package goes rogue. If it's been a week and there is no update, please reach out to us and we'll get you straightened out.

...well, your package anyway.

And by package, I mean the order we shipped to you. MAYBE THEY STOLE IT AND ATE YOUR CANDY?!?

Quoted from toasterman04:

i live in canada... it always feels like it is delayed.. lol... I don't know what i expect to see when i keep clicking on that tracking number.. but i keep on clicking..

As sad as I am that you have to wait, I have to admit that it's flattering to have customers obsessively checking tracking information because they're so excited.

#109 6 years ago

bah I'm not worried, just excited, like you said. Living here it is just expected. Love the service of comet, place an order and it is shipped within 12-24 hours... just outstanding!!

#110 6 years ago

Comet is the best in my opinion

#111 6 years ago

bah I'm not worried, just excited, like you said. Living here it is just expected. Love the service of comet, place an order and it is shipped within 12-24 hours... just outstanding!!

Too bad it takes the post office 2 weeks. Hoping to find a pickup slip in my mailbox when I get back next week.

#112 6 years ago

Someday I'll do an audit on delivery times for different countries. I'm certain that Italy is the worst. Packages just sit in customs there for about a month. It almost feels like they wait until people get fed up and start making calls, and then the package magically arrives!

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Someday I'll do an audit on delivery times for different countries. I'm certain that Italy is the worst. Packages just sit in customs there for about a month. It almost feels like they wait until people get fed up and start making calls, and then the package magically arrives!

Italy is terrible. South America has some real terrible times, too, especially Argentina.

#114 6 years ago

Jeez.... soundly Canada ain’t so bad....

#115 6 years ago

Jeez.... soundly Canada ain’t so bad....

Canada's shipping/customs times are GREAT by comparison to almost anywhere in South America and places like Italy.

#116 6 years ago

Hey not really complaining..... but more chuckling USPS is just like CANADA POST .... ordered from Colorado and my shipment is in SAN FRAN......

#117 6 years ago

And yes... I am the customer Ryan is referring to with the constant tacking number refreshing

#118 6 years ago

2A34CD69-C286-45A4-909D-4E7B4E52D59D (resized).png2A34CD69-C286-45A4-909D-4E7B4E52D59D (resized).png

#119 6 years ago

That's funny. You can drive to boulder Colorado from Saskatoon in 15 hrs. Cost you a hell of a lot more then $15 in gas tho.

When Art ran it in Florida I had a envelope go from Florida to somewhere in Texas, to California, back to Oklahoma or Kentucky, then up to Vancouver where it sat in customs for 5 days. They shipped it back east before going west again

#120 6 years ago

Hey I just checked. Mine's in San Francisco too!

#121 6 years ago

LMAO... too funny... I ordered those fire bulbs and the matrix post lights for transformers... super pumped to try them out... but a little scared... might be placing another order sooner than planned.

#122 6 years ago

LMAO... too funny... I ordered those fire bulbs and the matrix post lights for transformers... super pumped to try them out... but a little scared... might be placing another order sooner than planned.

Yeah I want to try the fire bulb also. Forgot when I placed my order to add some. Next time. Thought acdc would be a great game for it but I no longer own one

We'll have to see who gets theirs delivered first

#123 6 years ago

Any discount codes out there?

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-black-friday-sale-2017/page/3?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.