(Topic ID: 304333)

Comet Pinball Black Friday Sale 2021

By ryanwanger

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2ADB461F-DEDE-4644-842F-DDD6FFA9BF49.jpeg
    CP-BF-21_IG-3 (resized).jpg
    HOOOLDDD-767x511 (resized).jpg
    CP-BF-21_Web-1 (resized).jpg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

Great deal. Thanks Comet, order placed.

#52 2 years ago

Thanks Ryan on doing this again for us. It always feels good to replenish the led war chest when my stock starts to run dry.

#53 2 years ago

Thanks Ryan!

#54 2 years ago

Placed my order at 2:30am(that's when I get up for work).

#55 2 years ago

Order placed, thanks for running this sale!

#56 2 years ago

Order is in! Thank you.

#57 2 years ago

I too am entering a new era of Warm White LEDs.

#58 2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome sale!

#59 2 years ago

I love this sale, I look forward to it every year. Thanks

#60 2 years ago

I have a questions do the matrix bulbs with 6.3 volt work on modern sterns since modern stern GI run on 5v?

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackzarak:

I have a questions do the matrix bulbs with 6.3 volt work on modern sterns since modern stern GI run on 5v?

Yes. Spike games use 5v for the GI, and if you connect a 6.3v bulb to it, the bulb will work, but it will be a little bit dimmer than if you used it in a game using 6.3v. Still totally doable.

Somewhat relatedly, we do now carry 5v bulbs, but only frosted bayonets, in 3 shades of white. https://www.cometpinball.com/products/stern-spike-general-illumination-bulbs

Stern still used 6.3v bulbs in Spike games for a few years, even though the game was 5v. Upgrading to these 5v bulbs will make those games a little brighter.

#62 2 years ago

Thanks so much for all of the orders!

It's a busy, busy weekend in the Comet office. Any bulb picking musical suggestions for my shift tonight?

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Thanks so much for all of the orders!
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ef3778281b530fc15e01de14c7f7144e858f4a01-1638041269-1800"};
    //]]>

It's a busy, busy weekend in the Comet office. Any bulb picking musical suggestions for my shift tonight?

Check out this Spotify playlist my buddy made:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6TLadtjZjejeWAz0D1Oh39?si=2nX4f0MhQICxCjR9VKzZCg

#64 2 years ago

We tried, but it wasn't the right vibe needed at the time.

Also, Cindy says hi!

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

We tried, but it wasn't the right vibe needed at the time.
    Also, Cindy says hi!

No worries. Hey Cindy!

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Any bulb picking musical suggestions for my shift tonight?

Just put this on a loop...

#67 2 years ago

Wow! Long-time follower, first time orderer. Ordered at 12:17 am on Friday, arrived before 9 am on Monday (USPS even), Boulder, CO to southeast PA. Looking forward to putting them in my machines. Thanks ryanwanger and the Comet crew!

#68 2 years ago

Just made a big order and I'm super pumped about the black friday sale because I really wanted/needed a spotlight kit. Killed 2 birds with one stone! Thanks Comet!

#69 2 years ago

Thanks for the orders...sale ends in 7 hours - keep 'em coming!

CP-BF-21_IG-3 (resized).jpgCP-BF-21_IG-3 (resized).jpg

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from MRudowsky:

Wow! Long-time follower, first time orderer. Ordered at 12:17 am on Friday, arrived before 9 am on Monday (USPS even), Boulder, CO to southeast PA. Looking forward to putting them in my machines. Thanks ryanwanger and the Comet crew!

What the hell, I ordered at 12:09 am on Friday and am in SE PA and my order isn’t arriving until tomorrow

#71 2 years ago

Thanks to the quick shipping, I got my order today and had time to pop some bulbs in to see how I liked them before the sale ended. I am ordering MOAR 2SMD Warm Whites!

The strobing on fade effects is gross but not a surprise... I knew that if I went LED I would have to add LEDOCD boards eventually, at least for some games.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

Thanks to the quick shipping, I got my order today and had time to pop some bulbs in to see how I liked them before the sale ended. I am ordering MOAR 2SMD Warm Whites!

This is amazing!!

Quoted from horseflesh:

The strobing on fade effects is gross but not a surprise... I knew that if I went LED I would have to add LEDOCD boards eventually, at least for some games.

What games are they particularly gross on?

Quoted from luckymoey:

What the hell, I ordered at 12:09 am on Friday and am in SE PA and my order isn’t arriving until tomorrow

The postal service is always a fun roll of the dice!

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

What games are they particularly gross on?

I only tried my TSPP so far because I think it will be among my worst as far as artifacts go. It has lots of fade effects in the light shows and the LED flicker is very obvious. In play there's also ghosting on a couple of inserts. I pretty much got what I expected though, and I'll OCD it eventually.

(The 2SMD Warm White Frosted bulbs look great, after I put in a dozen for a quick test I ordered a bunch more. Those who said that's a good bulb for any location were on the money.)

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

I only tried my TSPP so far because I think it will be among my worst as far as artifacts go. It has lots of fade effects in the light shows and the LED flicker is very obvious.

TSPP and LOTR are the two most notorious games for needing OCD boards.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from STLOkie:

Some people try to color match for insert color but you don’t have to, and honestly I think it doesn’t look very good. I used normal warm LEDs for my high speed and “sunlight” white for my Lethal Weapon 3. You still get the same result you have now, just a bit brighter so the inset colors pop better all around. I felt that tone of white suited each table.
    Only reason I personally would use a colored led was if I wanted an insert color to show a certain color better.

This is my 3/4 Warm White LED’d LW3. I just repinned all the burnt connectors. Got it off a route where it sat it’s entire life all burnt up, dim, all busted up. It looks fantastic now! There are still some incandescents in the GI, bet you won’t be able to pick them out!

2ADB461F-DEDE-4644-842F-DDD6FFA9BF49.jpeg2ADB461F-DEDE-4644-842F-DDD6FFA9BF49.jpeg

#76 2 years ago

I got my order but somehow my two matrix lighting kits dropped off my cart somewhere. I got the extension wires I bought but somehow the 4” matrix strips didn’t get added properly. Im sure it’s my fault but bummer now I have to pay full price and shipping again.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from STLOkie:

I got my order but somehow my two matrix lighting kits dropped off my cart somewhere. I got the extension wires I bought but somehow the 4” matrix strips didn’t get added properly. Im sure it’s my fault but bummer now I have to pay full price and shipping again.

If you shoot me an email at [email protected] I can dig a little deeper and try to find out what happened.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-black-friday-sale-1/page/2?hl=darthpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.