Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141211_001242.jpg
    1208142220.jpg
    1208142106.jpg
    image.jpg
    20141208141829847.jpg
    Sunlight Comparison.jpg
    image-327.jpg
    1SMDT10CT main2.jpg
    ThumbsUp!.jpeg
    tommy22.jpg
    Sunlight Comparison.jpg
    Ashley Arthur promo.jpg
    black friday sale (1)-490.jpg
    There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

Greetings Everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving!

The emails have been flowing in, so I have decided to post our Ad for Black Friday Sales.

Prices will be active tomorrow at Midnight.

This is our first Sale, and humbly, it is with great thanks to all the Pinsiders, who have
    made this year possible. I Speak from my heart, when I think of all the things to give thanks for.
    My fellow pinheads at pinside, have given me so much...it has reinvigorated an old man in poor health
    to forge on with a purpose. I cant say Thank you everyone load enough, for what this community
    means to me. Truly my best wishes to all this Holiday season.

I wish to share also, as a way to give back, a percentage of sales will be donated to Pinside,
    and my favorite charity, Project Pinball.
    http://www.projectpinball.org/

Dan has been a friend and Champion of an amazing thing. Pinball in Hospitals is incredible therapy
    and helps kids, patients of all ages, connect, and escape as we do, to a place of joy...and in this case, needed most. Please check them out.

So heres the ad, and Ill post some of the info on how this will work, along with some additional surprises, and a neat special for Pinsiders!

Thank you for your support, sincerely.

Art

Here is a link to the ad, on site, with click through. Prices will change tomorrow at midnight, (or close)

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1863.htm
    black friday sale (1)-490.jpgblack friday sale (1)-490.jpg

#2 9 years ago

your most welcome

#3 9 years ago

Your the best Art, and my pins look that great because of you and your compassion for the hobby! Thanks~Spooks

#4 9 years ago

will have a look that's for sure.

thanks for everything.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks Guys...I am happy to do this, and there is soooo much more coming down the pipeline in development.

Heres the scoop on how this works.
    When the sale starts, all inventory stock limits are turned off.

Order away. Time is the only issue. Not how fast or when you order, although those will be filled first, but all sale items are on rain checks. They will take 6-9 weeks to restock.
    You decide, by putting in the notes section, "No Back orders" or blank to say OK.
    We will contact you as we fill your order about any backorders. You can even decide then if you want them. ...We will ship backorders, where possible for free. With this, no one really needs to hover at midnight, unless you are in a hurry. If you decide you dont want to wait, your funds will be refunded right away.
    Everyone can buy what they think they may need at great savings through Monday at midnight.
    I hope this works right. A little time is all thats needed to make everyone Happy.

Enjoy your Time with family.

Ill be posting a surprise in a bit...

#6 9 years ago

Awesome Art, sounds like fun! Can't wait.

#7 9 years ago

Yup! I will be placing an order!! Awesome products at great prices!!

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Greetings Everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving!
    The emails have been flowing in, so I have decided to post our Ad for Black Friday Sales.
    Prices will be active tomorrow at Midnight.

Here is a link to the ad, on site, with click through. Prices will change tomorrow at midnight, (or close)
    http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1863.htm
    black friday sale (1)-490.jpg 260 KB

Ok Art, says the sale starts at midnight. Since I'm in Afghanistan and a full 9 hours ahead of you, does that mean I get to order 9 hours earlier than most, he he

Just kidding. Nice job on the cause and I'm sure we will deplete your stock. I'm sure I'll order tons of things for games I don't even own yet. Thanks for all you do, you are an exceptional man. Happy Thanksgiving.

Paul

#9 9 years ago

Thank you Art for all the innovation you have brought to LED lighting and thank you for this sale!

#10 9 years ago

I've been waiting patiently !! Thanks Art!!

#11 9 years ago

Morning....I hear Lots of Snow for People!

Here is the Special for Pinsiders.....This makes me happy.

We buy our toys and stuff, and there is likely a Lady somewhere that helps, or puts up with our Hobby.
    Be it our wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter, Mom, or friend, we have Ladies in the Hobby too!

So this Special is for the Ladies!

With any purchase over $500 a $100 gift allowance towards any products of our Ashley Arthur
    Silver and Swarovski Crystal Line is yours for the Lady in your life!
    You can pic 3 earrings, A necklace and earring set....anything from around 1000 pieces I manufacture!

Simply list your stock number choices in the notes section when you check out!

So Great Discounts! Helping others, with our donations, AND some free gifts from the Ladies!

Take a peek!

http://www.rubinarthur.com/Ashley_Arthur_Catalog/index.html

Ashley Arthur promo.jpgAshley Arthur promo.jpg
    #12 9 years ago

What's the word on the sunlight whites? I like Cointaker's retros. Similar? Better?

#13 9 years ago

They are the Kelvin rating between White and Warm....not too white, not too yellow.
    It is my only choice now in GI, as I prefer a less "white sterile look"
    Warm 3000-4000 K
    Sunlight 4000-5000K
    Natural or Cool 5000K- 6000K

Here are some pics:

They are also in Twin 2835, which is what CT launched in TWD, ST, etc...so 20% brighter then a 5050 retro.

Sunlight Comparison.jpgSunlight Comparison.jpg
    tommy22.jpgtommy22.jpg

#14 9 years ago

Look good...real good. I see an order being placed soon.

#15 9 years ago

Great sale Art!

I know I am stocking up on some Sunlights for sure.

#16 9 years ago

Thank you Art for a great product and great value. I will be placing my order tomorrow. I was hoping to meet you on this trip to Florida but I'm to far south and will not make it up to your area. I wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving.

Bryan

#17 9 years ago

Great news I was planning on led-ing my new machines very soon.

Newbie question:

Why would you choose a 1-smd frosted bulb versus the twin-smd frosted bulb when both are the same price ?

Would the twin-smd be too much for certain inserts ?

#18 9 years ago

We decided to have all premium choice bulbs the same price, even though they do cost me more,
    I wanted people's decision to be based on the look they want, not the cost.
    So in inserts, a 5050 vs a Twin 2835 is about 20% brighter when frosted, and you can color match yellow and orange for a Richer color.
    No reason not to use either...although in some games, for some people, they may consider them too bright.
    As with the progression from single resin led, 2 led, 1 smd,2 faceted,4 smd, twin 2835, and then Op-Max, these are
    all brightness and throw progressions from 1x, the same as an incandescent, to Almost 4x times as bright.
    The choice of brightness is individual based not only only the game, it's age, artwork, etc, but also whether you want to play with the lights off, a dimmer switch or always lights on. Some people are sensitive to LED lights.
    IMO, EM should use Retro, or single diodes, up to a 2 LED, SS, should use a 2LED, up to a 5050, and DMD multi Layer, from a 2LED, to a Twin 2835, with darker areas using the next brightness or two.
    Nothing wrong with mixing 2 to 5 types of Bulb in GI, if you are doing advanced lighting.
    The new MMR, uses exactly this technique for superior lighting.
    Most all kits use 1 bulb in almost every spot, a 5050, and their are many games that's perfect for.
    Changing just a few in GI, can change the look dramatically.
    So pick your brightness, and build from there.
    Sorry about the lengthy answer, but I have a couple dozen emails with similar questions, so I thought I'd answer for all and point them here.
    Of course, there are many other opinions...No right or wrong....We all see light differently...This is just my opinion.

#19 9 years ago

Hi Art, two questions for you: 1) I assume the sale starts at midnight Eastern time? Sorry if this has already been covered but I didn't see it anywhere. 2) Will the 25- and 100-packs reflect the discounted pricing too? Just trying to plan out my order in advance. Thanks as always!

#20 9 years ago

There will be 2 specials selective, on 100 pack. Sorry, I cant do this across the board, it would be sold at a loss...Yes, EST.

#21 9 years ago

I wish LED's were never invented.......I'd have more money for more pins!

Planning an order!

ThumbsUp!.jpegThumbsUp!.jpeg
    #22 9 years ago

WOW Art, when you said you were going to have a sale you really meant it. I've had sooooo much fun modding my games with your strips, I think they are the best product you ever came up with. I hope that new design bulb with that special "something" works out, it would be very useful in certain spots and as usual no one has anything like it. You are the innovative leader in pinball bulb design and application.

#23 9 years ago

Just bought a ton of LEDs... Thanks Art!

#24 9 years ago

Thanks Paul, and Everyone....I just finished...Whew, I think I got them all right.
    Had some at $1225.00 wrong price.
    If you notice any errors, please let me know...Ill be be up to 4.

Now for 2 more specials, and if you have ordered in the last 15 minutes, Ill adjust.

These are 100% Pre order! 6-8 weeks to get.
    Warm White, and Natural White....1 SMD 5050 Supreme OR Twin 2835.....

100 Pack $.49 each!!!! Thats amazing in my book! Free shipping over $99, and Free Jewelry over $500
    your choice of $100 retail from my Line!

http://www.cometpinball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=100-PACK-2SMD-CT-FT

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/100-pack-smd.htm

1SMDT10CT main2.jpg1SMDT10CT main2.jpg
    #25 9 years ago

Art, They are showing up at 59.00 not 49.00.
    How should we proceed?

Edit: More I'm thinking about it - I'm gonna stick with the 25 packs of 2 SMDs for @ .59 each

#26 9 years ago

quasars and the rgb's are the only errors i found

#27 9 years ago

The whites should be OK, Ill check again...if anyone sees this I will refund the difference...

Thanks!

Art

#28 9 years ago

My wife was asking what I wanted for Christmas.
    Just found it.
    Thanks Art.

#29 9 years ago

I picked up a load of sunlight bulbs I'm going to try in my STTNG instead of natural whites (along with random sale stuff, because who can resist sales).

#30 9 years ago

Epic fail on my budget...guess I don't need to get up and shop tomorrow....hope I got everything I wanted.

Thanks for a great sale Art!!

#31 9 years ago

Order made on some led pop bumper rings! Awesome price Art! Thanks!!

#32 9 years ago

Ice blue 25 pack doesn't seem to be working right. Says $14.25 but when you place it in your cart the cart is charging $17.25. I have both the 555 and 47 base in cart and both are doing the same thing.

#33 9 years ago

Ice Blues are correct at $17.25...They cost me a large amount to create...They are regularly $.79, and on sale at $.69.....

Art

#34 9 years ago

Oh poor Art, I can see him sitting at home and pulling his hair out trying to fix and keep up with everything. So be patient with him guys.

#35 9 years ago

You know where I sit now Paul,
    Trying to get to the bathroom for 2 hours!

#36 9 years ago

My apologies to those who emailed, who were not happy with the sale....I did my best.

#38 9 years ago

Placed my order for well over 300 LEDs (sorry for all those singles ), thanks Art!

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My apologies to those who emailed, who were not happy with the sale....I did my best.

I really hope people are not that rude your prices are all ready lower than everywhere else when they have sales and you dont lol so u having a sale isjust insane low prices and I know your selling at cost for this sale

#40 9 years ago

Not "did my best", it aint over with yet. Your "doing" your best which is quite a lot. Thanks Art.

#41 9 years ago

Ps me and katie said happy thanksgiving to you and your family

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ice Blues are correct at $17.25...They cost me a large amount to create...They are regularly $.79, and on sale at $.69.....
    Art

Fair enough. I see that you added the extra in the drop now. That should help in the future. Order placed

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I really hope people are not that rude your prices are all ready lower than everywhere else when they have sales and you dont lol so u having a sale isjust insane low prices and I know your selling at cost for this sale

No sh&t. If you don't like the prices (even without a sale) head on over to the other companies and pay more. Goes to show you can't make everyone happy and that some people just want to bitch to hear them self bitch.

#44 9 years ago

Took double pain meds....Ill sleep long....

Thank you everyone, and a Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all!

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Took double pain meds....Ill sleep long....

To paraphrase: I do not envy the headache that you will have when you awake, but till then, sleep well and dream of large orders..

#47 9 years ago

Thanks Art! The sale is awesome!

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wow. Unbelievable.

#49 9 years ago

Hydro....no headaches...thankfully, the Docs decided this week not to do another heart surgery, Yeah!
    ...that may change in the morning. J/K.

I ask only for patience, I can do all this with just that.

Did my Black Friday Shopping too!
    Great Buys from a lot of pin vendors...good for everyone!

We have reached 3 figures to donate to pinside, and projectpinball!
    Thanks for supporting all of us!

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. Unbelievable.

I should be fair, they were looking for other products, like Op-Max on sale, NG, and Optix.
    ....next time...I didnt want to do a blanket % off..

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-black-friday-pre-sale-ad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.