Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Spencer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Comet checkout (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Hey all, we wanted to create a thread to use for Comet Pinball related news & announcements. If you don't already know, we (at http://www.cometpinball.com) have the largest selection of LEDs at the lowest prices. Stay tuned for new products, photos, news, candy updates, and other fun stuff.

Also happy to answer product questions and give advice whenever we can.

#2 6 years ago

Just got my comet order the other day! thanks for the quick shipping as always!

The gummies rock too.

#3 6 years ago

I'll be heading to ReplayFX / Pinburgh (and wearing my blue Comet Pinball t-shirt). I'd love to bring some orders with me and meet some customers. Free, in-person delivery for international orders only. Just find me (Ryan Wanger) in one of my tournament banks!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just got my comet order the other day! thanks for the quick shipping as always!
    The gummies rock too.

We're really big on fast shipping...so glad you appreciate that! Also, I think Haribo has stepped up their game on the gummy bears lately. Our latest batch is practically a culinary masterpiece.

#5 6 years ago

I don't see the "Pinburgh International Order Only" shipping option at checkout. Also your contact us seems to be down as well on your website.

#6 6 years ago

I love your selection and prices...however, pinballlife.com offers the non-ghosting single SMD lamps at .89, a dime cheaper than your identical lamp. When ordering 50 or more....that really adds up. Can you guys get to that price??

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I don't see the "Pinburgh International Order Only" shipping option at checkout.

Are you using a Canadian billing / shipping address? It won't show up for US customers.

Also your contact us seems to be down as well on your website.

What device / browser are you using? It works for me in all combinations I have. Email [email protected]

Quoted from GLSP3022:

Can you guys get to that price??

Thanks for the feedback. That might be possible in the future...we'll look into it. It's currently one of our lowest margin products.

#8 6 years ago

I switched to Canadian Address but I still see no option for Pinburgh. I'm using Google Chrome latest version.

Comet checkout (resized).pngComet checkout (resized).png

#9 6 years ago

Also all your strips are showing $1 more at checkout then what is listed. Shows $3.95 instead of $2.95 and $6.95 instead of the $5.95 list at checkout. Tried on explorer as well still cant see the option listed anywhere to ship to Pinburgh.

#10 6 years ago

I found the problem for the Pinburgh Checkout. It's not at checkout but at bottom of "your cart" and you need to put a non us address and click recalculate before it would appear. But the 7 smd strips are a buck more and the 20 smd 8" frosted is more as well at checkout. Please fix before I place my order.

#11 6 years ago

But the 7 smd strips are a buck more and the 20 smd 8" frosted is more as well at checkout.

There are several product pages where the price changes depending on which variation you choose. Unfortunately, it's a limitation of our ecommerce platform that the price is not reflected until you add it to your cart.

Example: 3SMD and 7SMD strips are listed on the same page. The price says $2.95 (as the page defaults to 3SMD). If you choose 7, it shows up as $3.95 in your cart. Sorry for the confusion SuperPinball

You're not the first person to ask about this, let me see if there is something I can do to make it more clear.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

There are several product pages where the price changes depending on which variation you choose. Unfortunately, it's a limitation of our ecommerce platform that the price is not reflected until you add it to your cart.
    Example: 3SMD and 7SMD strips are listed on the same page. The price says $2.95 (as the page defaults to 3SMD). If you choose 7, it shows up as $3.95 in your cart. Sorry for the confusion superpinball
    You're not the first person to ask about this, let me see if there is something I can do to make it more clear.

OK I just placed my order, any free T-shirts on orders over $700.

#13 6 years ago

OK I just placed my order, any free T-shirts on orders over $700.

Wow! Definitely. What size?

#14 6 years ago

Also, I was able to add a "+$1.00" note in the dropdown for the 7smd strips. The extra dollar for frosted strips over regular ones (on the 10smds you mentioned) is a little tricker.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Wow! Definitely. What size?

Large,and looking forward to seeing you at Replay. Mine is the $701.63 order. Thanks for offering such great products, you are a real asset to the pinball hobby.

#16 6 years ago

Mine is the $701.63 order.

<rethinks business plan> lol

#17 6 years ago

Are you ever going to restock the warm white ultimate optix? It's been a year or so since they were available.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Are you ever going to restock the warm white ultimate optix? It's been a year or so since they were available.

We ran out of the warm white bayonets 8 days ago: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm

They had been continuously in stock since September 22nd of last year (unless you were trying to order several hundred at once!). So either we're not talking about the same bulb, or something else is going on. PM me so we can figure it out!

#19 6 years ago

Oh weird. I was trying to order 100 or so. Perhaps I just have bad timing?

Best bulb out there!

#20 6 years ago

You should get a booth and support the show like Cointaker is doing... I'm saying that and they are a competitor of ours... Just saying, you want to make sales at the show it would be nice if you DO the show or contribute to it in some manner - pay for booth, travel, employees, hotel, meals, donate prizes to a tournament, or bring games like they do for people to beat the crap out of... While you are in the tournament having fun making sales, they are working the show. Sorry, not trying to be a dick here, but Cointaker is there taking all the risk they shouldn't have to compete against someone selling out of the trunk of the car in the parking lot. These people travel nationwide to shows at great expense to do what you aren't willing to. I'm sure you are a great person and have a great product, but this isn't the way to go about things. Support the show in some manner and the attendees vs just skimming sales off it.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

You should get a booth and support the show like Cointaker is doing... I'm saying that and they are a competitor of ours... Just saying, you want to make sales at the show it would be nice if you DO the show or contribute to it in some manner - pay for booth, travel, employees, hotel, meals, donate prizes to a tournament, or bring games like they do for people to beat the crap out of... While you are in the tournament having fun making sales, they are working the show. Sorry, not trying to be a dick here, but Cointaker is there taking all the risk they shouldn't have to compete against someone selling out of the trunk of the car in the parking lot. These people travel nationwide to shows at great expense to do what you aren't willing to. I'm sure you are a great person and have a great product, but this isn't the way to go about things. Support the show in some manner and the attendees vs just skimming sales off it.

You're entitled to your opinion but Cointaker gets any number of benefits for their sponsorship depending on level. Booth presence, mention in promotional material, name on shirts etc. business owners have to make a decision which shows to attend and in what capacity. Don't see any harm in offering to deliver product that was ordered in person at the show regardless of how they're attending.

Also I've been very happy with Comets product and service (super fast shipping and the kids beg for candy every time a package arrives now).

#22 6 years ago

I'm sure Comet are great people - I just know how much blood, sweat, and tear and hard work it is to do a show and Cointaker is there doing it... I just feel it's fair they should be supported for their effort and what they are contributing to the show and the attendees - and again, I'm a competitor of theirs. It's just my opinion that's all. If they are just delivering products previously sold ya, no issue there, but that's not all they were really offering... Again, sorry not looking to offend anyone, but if vendors who are sacrificing and paying to be there don't do well and don't come back then the shows suffer and attendees lose out. That's all.

#23 6 years ago

No worries. I'm not easily offended and I'm just happy all you guys are making and/or selling products to support the hobby.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rackleye:

No worries. I'm not easily offended and I'm just happy all you guys are making a Dan/or selling products to support the hobby.

Same here. Wasn't trying to be a negative nelly. I want everyone to succeed it's just such a commitment to do a show I want to support the show and the vendors there. Nothing but wishes of success to all.

#25 6 years ago

I think Comet is still learning the business and coming up to speed. I've listened to their podcast and some interviews, they're a mom and pop who started fairly recently.

You're making good points, and hopefully they'll scale to the point they can do full on sponsorships!

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

welcome to the 90's. We have this thing called the world wide web that allows one to order stuff and have it delivered.

He is responding to customer demand and helping us to save a ton of money in shipping internationally, whats the problem? I ordered a load of them for deliver to the hotel like I do with loads of parts... I've got parts coming from marco and others shipped to the hotel also. I suspect just about everybody that is coming from outside the US is doing this. I'm also buying load of stuff from coin taker too.

Neil.

#27 6 years ago

Thanks for your comments @pinballstar, I didn't realize that it was being taken this way. I was trying to offer a nice service to our customers and had not considered that it might be poaching sales from a paying vendor at the show. Obviously that was naive of us. There is room for everyone, and I would never want to do anything shady to try to make a buck.

I'd be happy to continue this discussion privately if you feel there is more to it.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from AbeVigoda:

You're making good points, and hopefully they'll scale to the point they can do full on sponsorships!

We're not going to be able to be the kind of vendor who travels to dozens of shows each year, so instead we contributed a few thousand dollars in sponsorships in our first year across a dozen or so events / organizations!

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

We're not going to be able to be the kind of vendor who travels to dozens of shows each year, so instead we contributed a few thousand dollars in sponsorships in our first year across a dozen or so events / organizations!

Awesome thank you for doing that it helps the tournaments and attendees. Sorry for the negativity in my comments don't take it personal. My apologies for tone. I just think those taking a week of their life to sacrifice going to a show and bringing games or doing something for the show in sponsorships deserve the sales from the show. That's all. Again sorry for being grumpy about it I just know how hard we all work to do shows and many times you lose money. I'd just like to see those there succeed is all. Stop by my booth say hi, I owe you lunch and a beer !

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Thanks for your comments pinballstar, I didn't realize that it was being taken this way. I was trying to offer a nice service to our customers and had not considered that it might be poaching sales from a paying vendor at the show. Obviously that was naive of us. There is room for everyone, and I would never want to do anything shady to try to make a buck.
    I'd be happy to continue this discussion privately if you feel there is more to it.

Very classy response. So many others would have gone off the deep end when they were questioned like that.

rd

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Awesome thank you for doing that it helps the tournaments and attendees. Sorry for the negativity in my comments don't take it personal. My apologies for tone. I just think those taking a week of their life to sacrifice going to a show and bringing games or doing something for the show in sponsorships deserve the sales from the show. That's all. Again sorry for being grumpy about it I just know how hard we all work to do shows and many times you lose money. I'd just like to see those there succeed is all. Stop by my booth say hi, I owe you lunch and a beer !

Sacrifice? It's called running a business and it's a business decision. You seem to talk about how often everyone loses money at these show but fail to mention how much money they can generate and create brand awareness along with future sales.

#32 6 years ago

Sorry, but F cointaker! I don't give two squats about what they do to promote in their help of shows. As soon as they flipped IM 2 weeks before IMVE was announced, they lost me as a customer FOREVER. Still the shittiest thing I have seen a Stern Distributor do, and don't tell me they did not know in advance as every distributor knew a month in advance that the vault was coming. They made a conscious decision to flip their original at the bets possible time. BS way to be a distributor IMHO.

RYan is doing a solid here and supports all sorts of shows. HE is a competitve pinball player and in this case offereing to help out other competitve players. I commend him for the willingness to do so. This is not sniping any sales from cointaker as he is just offering a free shipping option for those that would already be ordering from him anyway.

I like ypu Joe, but VERY tacky to come in this thread an make such a public statement. Poor form.

#33 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the comments, and support...but let's not get too off topic.

Time to move on. Group hug? Surely there is a button for that here somewhere...

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I love your selection and prices...however, pinballlife.com offers the non-ghosting single SMD lamps at .89, a dime cheaper than your identical lamp. When ordering 50 or more....that really adds up. Can you guys get to that price??

Yeah, that extra $5 is a game changer. There is always a price for quality, and I believe Comet to offer an excellent value for the products they carry. BTW, what would your response be if your boss told you that he liked the work you did but he could get another guy to do it for $5 cheaper a day which really adds up, so would you mind taking a pay cut? The market will set the price, and if too high Comet would either not be profitable or out of business.

I've tried many different bulbs, and while they all may be good, personally I put the Comets at the top. Couple that with their superior support, incredible selection, and lighting innovations, they are the only choice for me (btw, PBL is my first go to for just about anything else Pinball related, with Marco's a close second and even lead for many otherwise hard to find parts, and of course I choose Titan for rings and other accessories).

#35 6 years ago

Ive made 2 orders from Comet in the last month, each was a breeze and shipping to Canada was more than fair, really like this company, they have it together. Cointaker not so much, never again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-pinball-announcements?hl=rackleye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.