8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Silverballer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schusler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

Cyclone is a 1000% better pin than comet, better gameplay, better art, and better sounds, better playfield toys,ramps,ferris wheel. Go cyclone!

C'mon now Erik.... 1000%?

Alright here is my diatribe about the *coaster* pins...... Ready?

I played a butt load of Comet in the mid 80's. Enough, in fact, to make sure I had one in the collection. On a side note, my mom used to go to Riverview park when she was little. She really didn't remember the Comet ride, but she did remember the parachute thingys....I seriously think Rivervire would've gave Gurnee Great America a run for the money if it were still around!

Back to the pins and my order.... Cyclone first (barely), Comet, then a WAAAAAAAAYYYY distant third Hurricane....

The artwork and sound calls are basically the same, but I'll compare the two... First is Comet.... You get the corkscrew ramp on the left (very cool design), the main Comet ramp, and the Cycle jump ramp.....And how can I forget the "million" shot! Which I think is one of the best shots in a pin!

Now to Cyclone.... You get the Ferris wheel (cool eye candy), the Comet/Cyclone ramp and a skill shot and a backglass wheel.....

Comparisons..... Sound/voice calls=tie, artwork=tie, backglass=Comet, ramps=I give the slight edge to Comet! Corkscrew>Ferris (too slow) Cyclone/Comet ramp>Comet ramp and Cycle jump>Skill shot....

Like I said previously, I like Cyclone a tad better but Comet is real close! If Cylcone had a better interpetaion of the *Million* shot; it would've made it better.....

Man, I'm tired!

#14 8 years ago

I forgot to mention is to buy both!

#26 8 years ago

I have had a cyclone for 22 years now and love it. Just finished shopping it out. Let me know if you need any tips on the process... All parts were easy to find online; however, I didn't really need much more than rubbers, leds, and decals...

The ramps for Cyclone are readily available?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.00
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schusler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside