Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Silverballer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Which one do you like best? Which one of these amuesment park style pins should I buy?

#2 8 years ago

Of the three Williams amusement park themed pins, I like Cyclone the best. It's a solid System 11 game, and a lot of fun. Between Comet and Hurricane, it would be a tougher call. I'd probably give Hurricane the edge because it has multiball and there is simply more to do. Comet is a classic though, and they can be had for pretty cheap.

#4 8 years ago

Buy Both

sound advice.

#5 8 years ago

BD, I could not think of better advice...that way you can't go wrong and you won't ever worry that you made the wrong decision.

#6 8 years ago

BD, I could not think of better advice...that way you can't go wrong and you won't ever worry that you made the wrong decision.

I tried that strategy once when I brought home SWE1 and RFM on the same day. Can't say it went over all that well with my wife.

#7 8 years ago

Like on the TV show "American Pickers" ... make a package deal and bring home some chocolates and flowers for the mrs.

#8 8 years ago

Cyclone is the most fun. All around best of the bunch.

#9 8 years ago

Buy Both
sound advice

Roger that. If you can swing it. Both are great machines. I actaully like Comet better (but not by much). I think they are both great machines.

G

#10 8 years ago

I prefer Comet and I don't like Hurricane at all, its annoying. Every time the ball is on the Ferris wheel I find myself thinking "give me the ball back".
I really wanted to love Cyclone because I love the art but can't get into it

#11 8 years ago

Cyclone is a 1000% better pin than comet, better gameplay, better art, and better sounds, better playfield toys,ramps,ferris wheel. Go cyclone!

#12 8 years ago

When I had my Hurricane did some looking around and found that fans try to land all three of the series -might not want to fall into that

#13 8 years ago

Cyclone is a 1000% better pin than comet, better gameplay, better art, and better sounds, better playfield toys,ramps,ferris wheel. Go cyclone!

C'mon now Erik.... 1000%?

Alright here is my diatribe about the *coaster* pins...... Ready?

I played a butt load of Comet in the mid 80's. Enough, in fact, to make sure I had one in the collection. On a side note, my mom used to go to Riverview park when she was little. She really didn't remember the Comet ride, but she did remember the parachute thingys....I seriously think Rivervire would've gave Gurnee Great America a run for the money if it were still around!

Back to the pins and my order.... Cyclone first (barely), Comet, then a WAAAAAAAAYYYY distant third Hurricane....

The artwork and sound calls are basically the same, but I'll compare the two... First is Comet.... You get the corkscrew ramp on the left (very cool design), the main Comet ramp, and the Cycle jump ramp.....And how can I forget the "million" shot! Which I think is one of the best shots in a pin!

Now to Cyclone.... You get the Ferris wheel (cool eye candy), the Comet/Cyclone ramp and a skill shot and a backglass wheel.....

Comparisons..... Sound/voice calls=tie, artwork=tie, backglass=Comet, ramps=I give the slight edge to Comet! Corkscrew>Ferris (too slow) Cyclone/Comet ramp>Comet ramp and Cycle jump>Skill shot....

Like I said previously, I like Cyclone a tad better but Comet is real close! If Cylcone had a better interpetaion of the *Million* shot; it would've made it better.....

Man, I'm tired!

#14 8 years ago

I forgot to mention is to buy both!

#15 8 years ago

make a package deal and bring home some chocolates and flowers for the mrs.

Priceless!

#16 8 years ago

I would buy the Cyclone

#17 8 years ago

buy cyclone, more spares available too

#18 8 years ago

love the cyclone. used to play it all the time in high school.

#19 8 years ago

Buy both, and tell the wife you bought a His & Hers pinball set!!!

#20 8 years ago

Cyclone is the best by far. Although I do love Comet too.

#21 8 years ago

Hey, you with the face!

#22 8 years ago

I decided on trying to find a cyclone because of the answers from you guys... but in the process of finding one i stumbled across a comet for $650... I think i might have to go take a look at it.

#23 8 years ago

For $650 I would do it, it is a good pin. It doesn't match the caliber of cyclone, but it is still cool. I have been looking for a cyclone for the past 4 years, it is very hard to find in good shape, and owners tend to want to hold onto the ones that are. The prices of both machines in southern Ontario Canada, Comet, $800-1000. Cyclone$ $1500-1800.

#24 8 years ago

I'd take a Comet in good condition for $650 in a heartbeat.

#25 8 years ago

I have had a cyclone for 22 years now and love it. Just finished shopping it out. Let me know if you need any tips on the process... All parts were easy to find online; however, I didn't really need much more than rubbers, leds, and decals...

#26 8 years ago

I have had a cyclone for 22 years now and love it. Just finished shopping it out. Let me know if you need any tips on the process... All parts were easy to find online; however, I didn't really need much more than rubbers, leds, and decals...

The ramps for Cyclone are readily available?

#27 8 years ago

Cyclone is the best of the 3, imo.

#28 8 years ago

Buy both, and tell the wife you bought a His & Hers pinball set!!!
Love this idea...has it ever worked for anyone?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
1,800 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
West Deptford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Maple Valley, WA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside