By Collin

4 months ago

Stats

• 72 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170407_190837 (resized).jpg
    china (resized).jpg

There are 72 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 months ago
    Quoted from Collin:

3. Learn to read. The edit to the original post reflects I already made substitutions weeks ago
    4. Same as 3, See my above post; there was a legitimate system issue

I read.

I am just not sure what is the point of still having a shitty thread title intended to hurt Comet when you made a substituition, like the company, and this is already resolved for you???

#52 4 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I read.
    I am just not sure what is the point of still having a shitty thread title intended to hurt Comet when you made a substituition, like the company, and this is already resolved for you???

I already updated the thread title to something fair, descriptive, but in no way inflammatory. Settle down

#53 4 months ago

Finished my popcorn. Collin, can you bring me a Jr Whopper when you get done with your shift?

Just razzin' ya, my friend.

+1 for Comet excellent products and prices.

#54 4 months ago

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. This is our #1 priority...miles ahead of everything else. I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about it. Every single thing we're out of has been ordered, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do but wait.

Once those arrive (within the coming weeks), you'll see a big improvement. At the point, we'll finally be caught up, and it will be easier to keep on top of things.

#56 4 months ago

Thanks Ryan, you guys do a great job, despite our belly aching. Keep it up!

#57 4 months ago

another suggestion...

I know it might be hard to match the passion Art had w/ Comet when he ran the show...but PLEASE continue to come out w/ new products. Don't let you catalog growth "go stale".

Art had a lot of products that were in development. It would be nice to see some of those actually "hit the market" some day....(I was really looking forward to the enhanced, more robust dual flex LED that Art was working on. These had the longer lead wires.

#59 4 months ago

Awesome news! Been holding out on placing an order until things I need are back in stock. Thank you for the update!

#60 4 months ago

Comet bulbs are great, prices are great, and Ryan is new to the biz but will get it together and take care of you. He is a good guy and good for pinball. Just did another dark game(Elvira and the party monsters) with Comet bulbs and extra lighting from them and Wow!

#61 3 months ago

Comet Pinball was amazing when Art ran it. I gotta tell you, I think it's even better now...same day shipping typically and fun, quirky email updates regarding my order. I have had issues with stock a couple of times in the last month but I'm hoping it gets sorted out in the coming months as the new team becomes a well oiled machine. I also appreciate the lagniappe! Reminds me of the good ol' "Real Bob Roberts"...keep up the great work!

#62 3 months ago
    Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

lagniappe

had to look that one up - didn't know the definition til now.

#63 3 months ago

I love Comet for LEDs and Pinball Life for everything else. All have been great to work with. I've had a few issue with items OOS, but that happens in any business. Typically I'll send a quick email asking when the item will be back in stock and they reply quickly with an answer. This last time they offered to email me when the missing items were back in stock.

PS: I'm waiting on packs of the frosted warm whites.

#64 3 months ago

I've been waiting on the "fire" and 544 blinking LEDs for a long time.

As someone already mentioned, ability to go ahead and purchase and wait could relieve a lot of the frustration. Cause now I'm worried the other things in my order will go out of stock while I'm waiting on the other things to come back into stock.

#65 3 months ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

I've been waiting on the "fire" and 544 blinking LEDs for a long time.
    As someone already mentioned, ability to go ahead and purchase and wait could relieve a lot of the frustration. Cause now I'm worried the other things in my order will go out of stock while I'm waiting on the other things to come back into stock.

I agree. I had the same frustration. Can't understand why they won't allow you to pay for the complete order, including the out of stock items and just backorder them. Least I know I will eventually get them.

#66 3 months ago

Stock issues are the only negative I've experienced with comet. I imagine this issue will improve but their leds look great in my machine.

2 weeks later
    #67 3 months ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Been waiting over 17 days for some of their led's to get back in stock.

I'm at 41 days waiting for some of the led's to be back in stock.

Bought somewhere else. Didn't want to, but come on guys 41 days. Sheesh

#68 3 months ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

I'm at 41 days waiting for some of the led's to be back in stock.
    Bought somewhere else. Didn't want to, but come on guys 41 days. Sheesh

I had a similar problem, but in my case, it was several months. I had to stop selling one of my mods, due to the lack of being able to obtain the needed LED. Thankfully, I found the exact same LED that I needed directly from China.

#69 3 months ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

I had a similar problem, but in my case, it was several months. I had to stop selling one of my mods, due to the lack of being able to obtain the needed LED. Thankfully, I found the exact same LED that I needed directly from China.

yup... we heard you the first time/ last month...

Quoted from indypinhead:

Comet is definitely not the same.
    I had to quit selling one of my mods because Comet was always out of stock on the bulbs I needed. Fortunately, I was able to find a source directly from China. I can sell my mod again.
    I wish Art would have never sold his business. He truly was/is an asset to pinball.

#70 3 months ago

I just got two emails in the last few weeks that some of the leds I was waiting for are back in stock.

1 week later
    #71 3 months ago

I'm not in a huge hurry; but it has been awhile. I'm still waiting on the 10mm frosted warm whites. I still love Comet LEDs. They are the best value IMHO.

#72 3 months ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm not in a huge hurry; but it has been awhile. I'm still waiting on the 10mm frosted warm whites. I still love Comet LEDs. They are the best value IMHO.

We received shipments of bulbs every day this week...and those weren't among them.

Should be in the next arrivals.

#73 3 months ago

No worries. I'll order when they are in stock.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 45.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 60.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 110.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 72 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.