Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ypurchn
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21fhIjaQkOL (resized).jpg
    s-l225 (resized).jpg
    20180302_105541 (resized).jpg
    20180302_105549 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Sounds like more of a problem with the sockets than the bulbs. If the 555 bulbs fit 95% of the games out there how do we come to the conclusion that the bulbs are the problem and not that some odd sockets are to blame in those specific games?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Because the 555 actual miniature lamps have fit fine in those sockets for the past 35 years. That's how I come to the conclusion.

So the fix would be to make them smaller thus making them too small for other games. See the problem here?

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Who is the user that made the error you speak of?

I know your just trying to be condescending here but he's talking about the OP if it wasn't obvious.

Couple major mistakes caused this. Two simple steps would have prevented the unfortunate situation of damaged boards vs just a refund request.

1. Never force electronics.
    2. Change bulbs with power off. Not popular but I do it that way all the time after I saw a friend short something by dropping a screw.

#59 6 years ago

Look, since you want to pop an attitude.

You bought and aftermarket part. If you want perfect fit then buy an original part. LEDs are not stock on that game so you are modding it. That's a fact.

Others have done 80's SS games with no problems. I've done 3 and others here have already posted no issues with your exact game. Tells me there are MFG differences in sockets as well as the bulbs.

The 555 wedge fits 95% plus of the games with 555 bases so the LED fits in normal situations.

Comet should put a disclaimer on the site just to be safe.

You, not Comet, blew your light boards UNLESS the bulbs were shorted internally. Have yet to see this happen for any LED MFG but anything is possible.

My opinion, you were pissed and made this thread not to inform but to start a pissing match of which you succeed. If this was just to inform your title would have been much different as well as your first post.

I don't blame Comet for being pissed about the thread if they truly are.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-led-555-shorting-our-1980s-bally-solid-states?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.