• Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180204_162325 (resized).jpg
EB4C3C12-5A51-46BC-AC64-0009F07999EB (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BertoDRINK1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

I have these bulbs in my Dredd Dead World and in my Black Rose in the back ship subway they are cool.
I have a No Fear that has full LED's except for the eyes I like the standard look of the incandescent bulb. I don't think the eye len's are dark enough to defuse the flame led in the eye's but I can try them tomorrow night and post some pics after to see what they look like.

Side note I actually put these Flame LED's down for the TWIPY awards as best mod I was drawing a blank and these bulbs where all I could think of.

#18 6 years ago

Sorry guys I can't find the 44/47 flame LED's. I know I had a set cause I order them for Dredd the first time with out looking and Dredd is 555 in the dead world, I can't seem to find them right now.
F-14 is also right next to my No Fear, not sure where you wanted to see those in. The Afterburners at the bottom by the flippers are not inserts, the explosion insert in the center are 89 flashers also these bulbs only come in 44/47 or 555 I think maybe in the center insert instead of the green light might work but that is parallel to the playfield so it would be flashing straight away from the insert not into it. I used ones of the flat green bendie style led there to get it perfectly centered and facing up.
I'll keep looking around I know I have a baggie with 2 44 flame LED's around here somewhere.

#25 6 years ago

My buddy put them in the back glass on a Stern Wild Fyre looks good. They are really cool if you can find the right spot for them that's for sure.

I plan on doing the tower mod for Dredd at some point also defenitly will use them in there.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

They're under the RGB Color Changing category: http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1838.htm
Thanks for all the love, glad everyone is enjoying them!

These could be cool in Blue also. Say with white always on then ice blue, regular blue and ice blue again. Would be cool for Demo Man for sure. Or just ice blue and regular blue with Ice blue always on. I love Ice Blue it's the best shade and makes regular blue inserts look the best. Let's get those made

2 weeks later
#42 6 years ago
Quoted from adaman25:

Well the bulbs are vey cool but they don't work in the eyes of the scull. They need constant power for the full effect but because the scull eyes pulse power to give an incandescent a flame effect it cancels out the flame led effect. They just sort of flicker very fast. My fault not the bulbs. I'll find somewhere else to use them.

Maybe try down by the flippers under the out lane plastics. I'm not much for color in the GI but I stuck 2 red LED's in mine and it looks fine. It is a flame plastic but the light might not transfer well through the hole.

20180204_162325 (resized).jpg20180204_162325 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BertoDRINK1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-flame-bulbs-in-no-fear?tu=BertoDRINK1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.