Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by Brokedad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

howdy folks,new to the site.read just about everything!
my name is Glenn and I am getting back into the pin thing(trying not to get TOO carried away)
the dummys' speech is very garbled on my COMET,and I do not know a whole lot about it.all other sounds are fine.any suggestions?
thanks

#2 14 years ago

Welcome to the Forum !

Synthesized speech wasn't what it is today back in the 80's. If the other sounds are OK then it is probably not your sound ROM. You might try a new speaker if it's really old. I put one in my Medusa and it made a big difference. It's also an 80's machine with speech.

We're always glad to get a new member and pinball enthusiast. BTW that's a fun collectible machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-dummy-speech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.