6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by in2kiss
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Looking for feedback on the Comet DMD Glare Guard... Looks like an easy install! Wondering if the DMD brightness is greatly affected?
    Any opinions would be appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

Very easy install. They work great! I use them for all my DMD pins. It does darken the DMD a bit. I find it a total non-issue with a color DMD since you can change the brightness settings.

Also, newer Stern DMDs are very bright so I don't mind it darkening it slightly. It might be an issue to some with the lighter orange dots.

#3 6 years ago

Does it affect the viewing from the side or angles?

#4 6 years ago

I can't remember where I got my glare guard but it is awesome. It's the same kind as Comet based on privacy screens. I think I noticed it took a little off the brightness but in all honesty it looked way better. It kinda just softened the brightness just a touch. Highly recommend the product the upper part of your pin goes from like an old CRT to HD.

#5 6 years ago

Anyone have some before and after of the PF glass?

#6 6 years ago

I still prefer this product: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3301

Cheaper, non-intrusive regarding the DMD brightness, none installation needed at all, and it prevents reflection from both the DMD and the BG lights onto the PF....

#7 6 years ago

I think results will be slightly different on each pin. I would just tape a piece of cardboard over the DMD on you pin. Or have someone hold it up and take it away while you stand where you would when playing.

#8 6 years ago

I put one on my ST and it works great. Like said earlier, the Stern dmds are very bright. The glare guard did dim it a bit but like it that way. Here is a pic I posted in the ST forum.

https://images.pinside.com/6/eb/6eb1c0ea5731c877aa8402536cd737c9a12ddfa2/resized/large/6eb1c0ea5731c877aa8402536cd737c9a12ddfa2.jpg

1 year later
    #9 5 years ago

I ordered these and was somewhat skeptical but turned out to be shocked at how well they work. If anyone is on the fence on these don't hesitate to get 'em. Remove the DMD from your game and simply apply with the 2 sided tape on each end and reinstall. They do dim the DMD ever so slightly but I think it actually improves the overall contrast as a result. Amazing results for just $15!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-dmd-glare-guards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.