By vid1900

3 years ago

Stats

• 84 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2350 (resized).JPG
IMG_2270 (resized).JPG
IMG_2350 (resized).JPG
IMG_2348 (resized).JPG
IMG_2353 (resized).JPG
INSTALLED.jpg
12.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 3 months ago

Has anyone tried attaching this to the inside of the speaker panel rather than the display itself? Because this is polarizing film I understand you can't reverse its direction. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or seems to be possible? I am wanting to use this with a PIN2DMD LED display which uses two halves for the actual display. I don't want to attach the film directly to it because I want to adjust the halves and line them up in the future if I need to, plus replacing only one of two modules in the future if one goes out.

#77 3 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here is Ghostusters that comes with the LED DMD. Pics show how I installed it and how it looks after installed. I ordered these from Comet Pinball.

That contrast is amazing! I can probably get away with sandwiching it between the panel and DMD window without it moving around. I'm doing it for a Tales from the Crypt. I don't think there's a way to affix the adhesive pads without blocking part of the DMD.

#79 3 months ago

Ah, cool. Placed my order and will post some before and after photos.

2 weeks later
#82 84 days ago

Haven't had a chance, may have some time in the next couple of weeks.

#83 80 days ago

Just tried it, looks great. Will put it in and get photos probably Tuesday.

1 month later
#84 31 days ago

So, "two weeks" later and I installed the filter in Tales from the Crypt. I attached this to the inside of the plastic window on the speaker panel so that it's sandwiched between the DMD and window. This is a huge help to improve contrast and eliminate glare! I would highly suggest it. Now I just need to turn the brightness up to compensate for the darkening.

Before:
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

After:
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.