(Topic ID: 185400)

Comet display not working, some questions.

By PinJoint

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

If you buy the new set please sell me the old ones, I have been looking for so long. (I'm picky and like originality otherwise I would buy the new set too) I can even pick up at your house as I live in Shillington, PA half of the time. The new ones do not come individually as you also need the board that comes with them to replace the old original Williams one.

Here are the brand new set, reproduced and run on a better design and due to the LED technology that have an almost impossible fail rate, at least compared to the originals:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PS-8363-P

#4 7 years ago

Oh, I see what you're saying now. It could be the master score display or the cables. Again, the new set replaces all of these if you don't want to mess with it. Not sure if it comes with new cables but they also sell them separately for like $5 a pop I believe.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJoint:

I thought i saw you can recharge these somehow?

That's for Gottlieb displays, and even if you could it wouldn't fix the issues you're experiencing unfortunately, that was just for when they went dim. (Williams games are a different type of tube display altogether where this doesn't even apply at all)

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJoint:

Im just wondering why the player 1 display was working great until i plugged the player 2 ribbon into that pin?? Anyway i ordered a new power supply from rottendog. The caps were never replaced, along with the other components.
If i get the same symptoms with the new power supply, how do i know if its the display or the board?

Could be that the display ribbons are bad and by moving things around you made it worse, or perhaps the display sent some kind of short back into the master board.

Quoted from PinJoint:

are you sure that is the right set? i found this one for my Comet also. I dont have the edge connector type.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PS-10749-P
If i buy the new kit, how much you willing to buy the old ones for? I have the 2 scoring, and the extra ball credit.

You only have two of the scoring displays, or just two working ones? If possible I'd like all 4 regardless of working condition. I'll send you a PM.

#11 7 years ago

PM sent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-display-not-working-some-questions?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.