(Topic ID: 4849)

" Comet , Cyclone or Hurricane " Which do you prefer ?

By BLACK_ROSE

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

025.JPG
Hurricane_.jpg
Cyclone_.jpg
Comet_.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I've Played Comet ,, Owned Cyclone and I've played Hurricane..

.. " Comet " was cool, ( Not enough to do tho ) " Cyclone " , a Few more Gizmo's, Ferris wheel , Spin wheel in the Head, better Ramp's and Swirl's , Ronald & Nancy Regan were in the 1st row on the Roller-coaster ( Tran's ) Hurricane , ( the BIG Loopy Ramp ) Bla!! double Ferris wheel , where the ball would jam alot , had a Nice Big Lite-Up B/Glass Spinner that even went thru the Top as well , DMD Game , but a Disapointment for me. My choice is Cyclone...

Comet_.jpgComet_.jpg Cyclone_.jpgCyclone_.jpg Hurricane_.jpgHurricane_.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I think most people would agree with you, BR. There was another thread on this same subject a while back ...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-or-cyclone-what-should-i-buy

#3 12 years ago

My ranks:

#1 Cyclone: My favorite of the three. The one ferris wheel works better than two IMO on Hurricane, and I like the "spook house" shot better than the "dunk the dummy" shot. I would like to own one of these someday.

#2 Hurricane: I really think the ramp that loops over the flippers is cool, but that's about it. I really would like to like this pin more, but after the few plays I've had on it, it just hasn't clicked with me yet. Cyclone instantly clicked, if you know what I mean. I'd add a Hurricane to my collection for the right price, just to try it at home for a while to see if I'd like it more. If not, out it would go.

#3 Comet: You're right, IMO there doesn't seem to be enough to do.

#4 12 years ago

Look's like i started a Re-Run !!!!

Ok,,, NGG or Ripleys ? I like'em Both ,, but NGG is Better IMHO !!

025.JPG025.JPG

#5 12 years ago

I also owned them both and love them both, NGG is one of my favourite late Bally/Williams games and I love the orbits and jump ramp but overall I prefer RBION for a long term relationship. I find it a bit more deep and challenging.

Not played Cyclone enough really and when I did play it it kicked my butt so hard it was painful so at the moment I don't like it. Like comet and not keen on Hurricane.

#6 12 years ago

D. All of the above

#7 12 years ago

NGG and Cyclone, but I am biased since I have both. I do plan on keeping both in my final collection of 12.

#8 12 years ago

Both. Extremely different Lawlor pins. RBION is underrated IMO. NGG has the unique virtue of being a fast game with great flow, whereas RBION seems more typical of his popular designs. Would love to own it someday.

#9 12 years ago

Cyclone is the best of the three in my opinion, loved it and played daily when we had one in a local pizzaria.

#10 12 years ago

"Round and Round she goes"We have a winna!! Cyclone is the best of them

#11 12 years ago

Cyclone, still looking to own one someday....

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from MrTechnoBarn:

I Will be on the lOOK-Out Techno ,, If i get 1 ,, wanna Trade me POTO back for it ? LOL

.. Kidd-n,, I Enjoy come-n to yr Place to play that Mean-AZZ Pin.. POTO is Just about as Mean

. as BSD , to keep a Ball or Ball's in Play..

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from MrTechnoBarn:

I would like to own all three...

#15 12 years ago

Cyclone, Comet and Hurricane(*).....

*Worst closure ever for a great series!

I still need to find a Cylone as well! Seen a couple, but the ramps were in awful shape! For those who don't know, these ramps are next to impossible to find in *great* shape.....

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Will be on the lOOK-Out Techno ,, If i get 1 ,, wanna Trade me POTO back for it ? LOL

Might do it if you hold on to POTO first dib sale like I'm doing for you....

#17 12 years ago

Just bought a nice old Comet. Needs work, but they always do. Love the audio and the art. Won't be able to comment on the gameplay till I get it up and running smooth.

#18 12 years ago

Cyclone - I want one! It was the first pin I used to play day in, day out.

5 years later
#19 6 years ago

Just found and bought a home use only, minty Cyclone for my collection, wanted a good one for many years, now I have a perfect one, awesome game to play, keeper forever.

#20 6 years ago

Hey you with the face!

#21 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure mine is comet. I had an epic game on the comet once. I'd like to spend time on all three.

I'd like to have all three in a row. I'll bet one of you does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-cyclone-or-hurricane-which-do-you-prefer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.