(Topic ID: 169576)

Williams Comet Cycle Jump Ramp Adjustment(?)

By Otaku

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Is there any way to adjust this wide metal ramp besides bending it? It is tilted too low and the ball gets stuck at the bottom on the lip of the playfield if it didn't make it all the way up the ramp and needs to roll back down the ramp.

I think I've bent it with a little tiny bit of success already but want to make sure there's not a better way before I pursue that route.

Thanks! Due to how the ramp is set up it almost seems like that may be the intended way, but I'm not sure.

2 weeks later
#2 7 years ago

I belive it is intended to be that way. I would not bend that ramp, instead I would rebuild those flippers. Both (right and left) ramp shots are hard to make without strong flippers.

1 month later
#3 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I belive it is intended to be that way. I would not bend that ramp, instead I would rebuild those flippers. Both (right and left) ramp shots are hard to make without strong flippers.

Sorry, you must have misunderstood, the front of the ramp is too low and the ball is getting stuck because it's catching the lip of the playfield on the way back down.

Even if the flippers were perfect (which they close to are) you wouldn't make it up the ramp 110% of the time anyways due to ball angle or whatever and that is the part that is getting the ball stuck. As much as it would be nice for the solution being making the shot every time (without fixing the problem), it seems there is a decent percentage of the time where it needs to roll back down. Thanks!

Otaku

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Cumberland, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-cycle-jump-ramp-adjustment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.