Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

hey guys, has anyone had the issue with their 1985 Williams comet only giving 10 points for the center ramp no matter what even if the extra points lights are lit?

#2 3 years ago

Check to make sure both the entry switch and the exit switch are functioning, if you go into the ramp but the game doesn't know it or it doesn't know the ball exits it won't score properly. The exit switch especially. Use you fingers to activate both to test and adjust accordingly

#3 3 years ago

joefox22 ya i figured out my ball gate assembly was Jerry rigged and doesn't sit properly ,I need a new one but can't seem to find it And Marco pinball is out of stock so kinda in a bind I'm thinking I'm going to have to try and make one

#4 3 years ago

Marco offers a nice wire bending kit that includes a bending tool and several different thickness pieces of piano wire, should be everything you'd need to make one. Just takes a bit of practice...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-WS-KIT

#5 3 years ago

that should work thanks so much frunch , it looks like there should be a small plastic washer on the part idk if it's some sort of counter weight to keep the gate up or not , any suggestions on that?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Cometter:

that should work thanks so much frunch , it looks like there should be a small plastic washer on the part idk if it's some sort of counter weight to keep the gate up or not , any suggestions on that?

That's to keep the rod from sliding off the side. You can go without though.

#7 3 years ago

yaksplat oh perfect I ordered the parts hopefully it resolves the issue , I need to figure out now where the hook attaches to underneath i pulled it off the connection by accident from up top

#8 3 years ago

You should hopefully find the end of a leaf switch on the other side of that hole the hook runs through. That switch leaf gets pulled up by the hook (the hook goes through a hole in the end of the leaf switch), which eventually contacts the other side of the switch as the leaf is lifted by the hook. Take a look under the playfield in that region, you'll find it!

#9 3 years ago

frunch thanks so much once i get the parts in I'll give it a shot

#10 3 years ago

You got this! Just take your time and take *lots* of pics from different angles of anything you plan on taking apart. I know from personal experience that it may take a few tries before you get the wire bent properly. Between the bending tool, a vice, some pliers etc, you should be able to make something serviceable. Takes a little practice, and remember it doesn't have to look perfect as long as it works. Another thing--make sure the wire you select is thin enough to fit through the holes in the gate it mounts to!

Good luck, and keep us posted! (and ask any questions you run into along the way!)

#11 3 years ago

frunch thanks so much I'll definitely let you know how it goes , hopefully I get the parts this weekend

#12 3 years ago

frunch wire bending kit worked great i made the new gate and it works perfect now, thanks for the recommendation

#13 3 years ago

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-center-ramp-points-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.