IMG_8160 (resized).jpg
IMG_8159 (resized).jpg
IMG_8158 (resized).jpg
IMG_8157 (resized).jpg
IMG_8156 (resized).jpg
IMG_8155 (resized).jpg
IMG_8154 (resized).jpg
IMG_8153 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heaterguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#290 6 years ago

Purchased a comet because I got it for a great price and the playfield is in excellent condition however I’m not a big fan of this game thinking of taking it to the local eagles club and renting it. One issue I am having is the 1 million award is not working. When you light it up and land the ball it does not score 1,000,000 not sure what’s going on with that

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#291 6 years ago

To be sure I took the Glass off and manually triggered the 1986 lights and manually trigger the million rollover it does not work however the million rollover switch works and scores when it’s not on the million light

2 weeks later
#299 6 years ago

Earlier I posted about my Comet power CB with a loose Molex connection that had been previously "Repaired" by someone that "threaded" wire to the board through the molex.
It didnt last.
Wires were broke and machine was cutting out.
I have since repaired it with new pins and a new molex connector (purchased at Frys-found perfect mate!)
See attached pics of step by step repair.
Machine works great now except the dunk the dummy drop target doesnt like to drop when hit hard and straight on which is disappointing.

OK I WENT BACK AND RE UPLOADED PICS CAUSE THEY WERE IN WRONG SEQUENCE....NOW THEY ARE STILL IN WRONG SEQUENCE...START AT BOTTOM AND GO UP...

comet (resized).jpgcomet (resized).jpg
done (resized).jpgdone (resized).jpg
molex2 (resized).jpgmolex2 (resized).jpg
pins (resized).jpgpins (resized).jpg
shim (resized).jpgshim (resized).jpg
fry2 (resized).jpgfry2 (resized).jpg
fry (resized).jpgfry (resized).jpg
clean (resized).jpgclean (resized).jpg
wick (resized).jpgwick (resized).jpg
badmolex (resized).jpgbadmolex (resized).jpg

4 months later
#377 5 years ago

Tech help needed.
My lower GI lights (behind stand up targets and lower bumpers) are not lighting. All other lights work correctly any games plays as it should with the exception of if I leave it on overnight the next morning the displays are all blank and I have to do an open door reset but then it plays fine except for the column lights being out. I checked voltage and there is nothing at the lamp sockets. See pic of CPU board I J7 connector.
The manual describes this as lamp column output. Resistors are hot to touch and there are burn marks on the board. I checked the back of the circuit board and its clean, however resistor 111 appears to have been replaced or soldered on before.
The manual says it is a 26 Ohm 2-watt resistor I ohmed it out and it is reading 30.1 All the other resistors are all reading right at 26 except R 101 which reads out at 30. How much tolerance should there be do you think this may be my problem with the lights not working or should I check something else

20180721_122621 (resized).jpg20180721_122621 (resized).jpg
#380 5 years ago

Really? that makes complete sense to me as that has been the case on my other machines and I respect/appreciate your advice, however see pic of comet MPU pinout (IJ5-IJ8) and that's where I have the burnt resistors...this game has a strobing /flashing light effect that also controls GI lighting 9at times) so I can see where the MPU would be involved.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#383 5 years ago

Wayout 440 and Brewninja I want to thank each of you for sharing your knowledge I was checking for DC voltage and checking the wrong place see attached picture of the correct GI lighting input and output jacks you can see the output Jack 3J8 is burnt. I cleaned the terminals put it back together and now my GI lights all work! This happened after I have been leaving the machine on at all times I am going to start shutting it down when not in use. Like I do with my e m games.
I am using incandescent lights would it be wise to change to LEDs or do I have to change my power supply or solder a bunch of damn resistors on each socket?
THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS ROCK!

15324833225351077260587939762929 (resized).jpg15324833225351077260587939762929 (resized).jpg20180724_214130 (resized).jpg20180724_214130 (resized).jpg
#386 5 years ago

yes, I have already repined and replaced with a molex a connector before. At least I have some experience there, cause it looks like I'll be doin it again...
Thanks again guys!

3 months later
#483 5 years ago

I responded within seconds and was too late...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heaterguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-any-fans-out-there?tu=heaterguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.