IMG_8160 (resized).jpg
IMG_8159 (resized).jpg
IMG_8158 (resized).jpg
IMG_8157 (resized).jpg
IMG_8156 (resized).jpg
IMG_8155 (resized).jpg
IMG_8154 (resized).jpg
IMG_8153 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyexx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 7 years ago

Great game! We enjoy our pin

1 month later
#109 6 years ago

Nice looking playfield will someone restore mine?

1 month later
#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

A piece of advice for my fellow comet owners...don't forget to switch your machine off before you go to bed like i did. Got woken up by the sound of the "the dummy" laughing followed by my fiance totally freaking out.

If we leave our games on in the basement we can hear them in our bedroom

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Since I pulled the Rubylith out of my SF2 , I decided to chop it up and make the score display red.
Before:

After:

Very nice

3 weeks later
#143 6 years ago

Awesome Job!!! I Will send you my playfield to you to repair mine......just kidding.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from drscottsmith:

Got it from boydsc331...great to do business with!
Great quality overlay as well - well done!
-scott

My sister lives in Ducan....I will come and see you soon.

Phillip

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Jason, I think that is the first intact Dunk the Dummy plastic I have seen thanks

Jeff at Classic Arcades is making the dunk the dummy plastics. I purchased one from him at a pinball show.

#160 6 years ago

Nice work on both of them

2 months later
#229 6 years ago

Awesome Job thanks for sharing your hard work!

#231 6 years ago

I would like to have my playfield with a new overlay installed.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from drscottsmith:

Hawkeye -
Send me a PM.
-scott

PM sent. Have a good day.

2 months later
#274 6 years ago

We love our comet. My playfield needs a new one but I'm not going to do a overlay and just continue to play it and enjoy it

2 months later
#310 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Staying in a large cabin home in Ohio and they have a Comet in the gameroom. I never played one and was excited but holy crap this thing needed some tlc badly, barely playable, ramp not scoring, slings shotgunning badly, ball getying stuck all over the place. I had to improvise with limited tools...fixed and adjusted so many switches, made a missing shooter lane rail with a wire coat hanger, taped cracked cycle jump plastic with electrical tape, backglass lighting connector burnt but it works now. Cleaned rubbers good and playfield lightly. Glass was broken at some point and thin plexiglass in its place, hey it works now and ball doesn't get stuck anywhere anymore. I finally hit the million point shot, how satisfying is that shot! Game really lets you revel in the glory of it. So much fun, I might be wanting one now. We part ways tomorrow, I am glad I had the chance to tinker with this one, the next few visitors should have some fun with it now.

You are lover of pinball! What an awesome story to read. I feel the same way when I play a pin. I can't stand to see pin needing some attention and love.

1 week later
#316 6 years ago

Welcome to the club My wife and I love playing comet.

1 week later
#324 5 years ago

Very nice looking ramp! I always play my comet a few times a week.

1 month later
#330 5 years ago

My Comet ramps are ordered from freeplay40 If anyone needs a good cycle ramp less than a year old shoot me a PM. I ordered it from Marcos specialties

3 months later
#436 5 years ago

I would have you repair mine but some of holes that hold parts to the playfield are damaged. I really love the game and would be nice to have a new playfield to go in it. Mine needs a new cabinet too.

4 weeks later
#454 5 years ago

I installed a new dunk the dummy plastic and noticed one of the post that holds the plastic is not correct post. I look in my manual and can't find a part number to order one. Anyone have the part number?

Thanks

Screenshot_20181003-104813_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181003-104813_Gallery (resized).jpg
#457 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That thing has probably been replaced a few times over the years. It does not have to be the same post as the others.
Put a washer down on the plastic, then a 6-32 screw through the washer and into the hole at the top of the post you have.
Two important things:
1. Put a scrap of Mylar under the new plastic (white side) so the dummy target does not wear all the paint off.
2. Put some of those PETG washers above the posts @ the Dummy, Comet entrance and Funhouse, or those plastics will be broken again in a few months.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-hardtop-restoration-comet/page/2#post-4483968
[quoted image]

The post must have been changed because there is not hole in that post to screw down the plastic. I guess I could drill a hole in that post.

Thanks for your help.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That post might go in the cycle jump area. They made 8000 Comets and some of the earlier ones had a blank post and no hole in the green plastic near the one way gate. That's why some owners look at the new plastics and are like "huh??"
You can get the proper posts (either with 6-32 hole or with 6-32 stud) from pinball life
Buy an extra post, because those things will shear off sooner or later.
https://www.pinballlife.com/2-14-tall-metal-post-with-threaded-base-and-female-threaded-top.html
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much. I will order them today. I looked my manual and could find them listed.

10 months later
#661 4 years ago

He has had it for a while. They moved it recently. It was in a different location few months ago. Dale jr and his sister Kelly watched their father Dale sr play a comet for hours at his home on the lake. They are very attached to things their father loved and enjoyed.

6 months later
#820 4 years ago
Quoted from goodypin18:

On the back of the cycle jump ramp.

Yes thats the one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyexx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-any-fans-out-there?tu=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.