IMG_8160 (resized).jpg
IMG_8159 (resized).jpg
IMG_8158 (resized).jpg
IMG_8157 (resized).jpg
IMG_8156 (resized).jpg
IMG_8155 (resized).jpg
IMG_8154 (resized).jpg
IMG_8153 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gstanczuk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Hey COMET owners! I got all 3 ramps from Mark and just getting around to starting to install. I did both the Corkscrew and Cycle Jump so far. Corkscrew went smoothly and is working 100%, but I'm running into a slight issue with the Cycle Jump and wondering if anyone else had the same issue and/or if anyone has a solution.
The new Cycle Jump is now just slightly higher than the end of the metal ramp and there is a gap as well. This means that no matter how well and strong I hit the shot from the right flipper it will not go past the first cycle circle. It looks to be just catching enough on the start of the cycle jump to slow it down enough to not be able to make the 1 million point shot. I tried about 100 times from a right flipper stall and never made it past the first one.
This shot was hard before, but certainly possible before I switched the ramp, so I know it's not the flipper strength. Any ideas on how to easily fix this? Pics below.[quoted image][quoted image]

I too had the same issue. There were washers under the bottom posts holding the cycle jump. I removed the washers and the fit was much better but not 100%. The cycle jump was from Marco.

#1242 2 years ago

Questions for the group. Comet is new to my collection.
When completing the 1986 lights are the lights supposed to go out?

Are the 1 and 6 lights tied together?

Currently my lane change is not working, does anyone have a clear picture of the switch wiring. I have a new switch and would like to ensure it’s connected properly. This may be affecting the 1986 issue?

When hitting the dunk the dummy is the green light supposed to go on? What triggers the green light?

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from Aznorthbend:

I will help you with what I can. The lights on the 1986 go out when you complete them and light the 2x, 3x, or 5x. The 1 and 6 lights are not tied on my comet(not sure what you mean by tied but one does not affect the other). When you hit the dummy drop target the green light comes on and goes off once the target comes back up.
As far as the switch wiring, are you looking for the right flipper assembly?

Yes the right flipper for lane change. My lights for the 1 and 6 seem to be connected somehow. I found that the target for dunk the dummy didn’t always trigger the switch. The switch has been adjusted and now working properly

3 weeks later
#1252 2 years ago

The issue with lane change is fixed. There was a wire off the switch which was very difficult to see. Thx VID.

Now I am looking for the balls gate assembly of the wire for the left outlane. Seems it’s out of stock and discontinued. There is a paper clip in its place, it works but would like to get the proper part.

3 weeks later
#1265 2 years ago

I agree that the back does look empty. I too am working on the back plane. This is my paper copy that I installed to see what it would look like. Next steps are a few adjustments on onto Mylar printing

1437BA60-90ED-4E9A-AAFB-46C24DCF6D61 (resized).jpeg1437BA60-90ED-4E9A-AAFB-46C24DCF6D61 (resized).jpeg
#1266 2 years ago

Thanks to Vid the piano wire replacing a gate switch is a brilliant idea. Much stiffer than the original and superior to a paper clip

#1267 2 years ago

My Comet is now mostly restored. One issue remains, the #1 and #6 seem to be tied together as one lights up the other. The wiring appears correct. During switch test the lanes only trigger each switch not both. Is there perhaps something in the settings that I am missing?

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Does the LaneChange move them correctly?

Quoted from vid1900:

Just bend a new one from Piano Wire
It's stiff and springy, so it won't deform like a paper clip does.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/custom-fabricate-your-own-wire-gates-and-wire-forms/

Quoted from vid1900:

Does the LaneChange move them correctly?

Yes the lanes change using the flipper button however the lights are still tied together

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from gstanczuk:

Yes the lanes change using the flipper button however the lights are still tied together

More investigating on the issue of the lights tied together. When I conducted the switch test only one switch registered for each of the 1 and 6, however during game play when making either lane both lights energize. When the 1,9,8 are lit ( as is also the 6) the game recognizes that the 1986 has not been competed and does not allow scoring bonus points. I think that this rules out the switch as an issue. Moving onto the lamp matrix and checking the wiring, all the wiring is as shown in the matrix wiring codes. No other lamps other than the 1 and 6 are affected. Scratching my head on this one but thinking there might be a faulty diode on the lamps, thoughts anyone???????

2 months later
#1329 2 years ago

Good day to all. My stationary switch bracket for the target behind the dunk the dummy broke. I am looking for a replacement for the stationary switch bracket or the assembly. I can’t seem to find the correct one anyone have the correct part number and where to purchase it?

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's just a standard rear mount Stand Up Target, nothing special
You can get them at PBR or PL
http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-round-stand-up-targets-rear-mounting.html
PBR has all the target faces, so if yours is cracked, you can get a new bullseye there too[quoted image]

Thanks all for your responses. I will look at the two sites mentioned. Vid’s tips are great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gstanczuk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-any-fans-out-there?tu=gstanczuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.