IMG_8160 (resized).jpg
IMG_8159 (resized).jpg
IMG_8158 (resized).jpg
IMG_8157 (resized).jpg
IMG_8156 (resized).jpg
IMG_8155 (resized).jpg
IMG_8154 (resized).jpg
IMG_8153 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boydsc331.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

In the Comet Club!
Does anyone have a source for the orange corkscrew ramp? Mine has a black repro and looks sucky by comparison.
Would love a new playfield, you know, if anyone has one just laying around
-c

No but I can get you an overlay for $150

20160929_020136 (resized).jpg20160929_020136 (resized).jpg

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I had a couple issues that I wanted to see if someone had experienced before. On the left side lane, underneath the Comet image, there is a piece of red plastic. This seems to be connected at one end but is interfering with the ball sometimes coming down the left side lane. Should this piece have two screws to keep it in place or is it likely broken? Should the ball be able to make it through the orange ramp on the top left side when shot with the plunger? I'm not sure if this is the original ramp assembly or maybe it has been repaired at some point? Here are a couple photos. Thanks for the help!

yes the ball should make it through the corkscrew ramp when shot with the plunger. The metal flap should be down even with the playfield or maybe your plunger spring is weak ?

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the feedback. I will see if I can improve the plunger power. I'm not sure if that is the original metal flap or if it was replaced at some point.

It looks like its original. mine looks exactly like yours. I would say make sure yours isn't sticking up above the playfield wood and your star is easy to push down.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

How nice are these and how much of a pain in the arse are they to install? do people clear over them?
-c

They are very nice. Printed on clear vinyl so inserts are clear. The white areas are also printed on the overlay so no need to paint the playfield white before installing. The alignment is very good. and yes I would definitely clear over it, it helps protect it and lock down the edges so years from now the don't start to lift. But they are a lot of work, I will admit. But look at before and after.

20160929_021029 (resized).jpg20160929_021029 (resized).jpg

254 (resized).jpg254 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#177 6 years ago

lookin good dr

1 month later
#209 6 years ago

Hey Scott I see another on the rotisserie in the background in pic #5. Where do you find the time ?

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

My boner has a boner.

rofl

1 week later
#227 6 years ago

wow I never knew that about hitting the glass. I thought my ramp was messed up or my flippers were really strong.

2 weeks later
#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Look what the female man delivered...

cool make sure and show us some pics when you get it installed . Or before and after .

2 weeks later
#252 6 years ago

ya looks good malenko. Might wanna check the fit of the roll over star at the top, mine had a lot of clear in it and I had to file the slots pretty good to get it to fit.

#253 6 years ago

Before you get too far................................just a thought

4 weeks later
#258 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Mostly the roll over lanes at the top, then I can start putting the top back together again. This is my first, and most likely my last PF swap ever ,lol

Lol I know the feeling. But this machine will probably mean the most to you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boydsc331.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-any-fans-out-there?tu=boydsc331 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.