IMG_8160 (resized).jpg
IMG_8159 (resized).jpg
IMG_8158 (resized).jpg
IMG_8157 (resized).jpg
IMG_8156 (resized).jpg
IMG_8155 (resized).jpg
IMG_8154 (resized).jpg
IMG_8153 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BubbaPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#828 3 years ago

Joining the club today, picked one up that was I. Rougher condition than I thought by far. Doing the flipper rebuild and leds today and tomarrow. Clean and wax on sunday. Few questions.

1. The ramps are cracked and got tape on them but stickers are good, anything I can use to try to fix the ramps and later protect them? If not then who's got ramps for this.

2. In travel one of the 7 digit displays broke 5 leads at the beginning of the display, tried to sauder them back into place but it wasn't taking. First time experience with displays that are not dmd, so any help would be appreciated.

3. Anyone know a place that has the plastics?

#836 3 years ago

Question. How does one change the high score numbers in the game, I'm told its option 12 but that will only let me cycle displaying in on 1,2,4 displays. How do I lower the number from 3 mil?

#837 3 years ago

Nevermind. Figured it out with a manual.
But if anyone could post a picture of their flippers at resting position, so I know mine are at the right position. Recently did a rebuild on them and just want to make sure, it looks like the right one travels farther but I might just have them at the wrong orientation.

Aswell as a picture of the front of the center ramp. When I did the teardown on mine the from peice (the part with the three screws. Had a little metal bracket that I cant remember if it was under or over the plastic. The ramp is breaking at that area and just want to make sure I have it on right before I try to mend it.

Happy to be in the club. Love this thing.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Don't quote me on this as I'm no expert but I believe flipper alignment will be correct if you drop straightened paper clips in the holes behind the flippers and tighten the flipper bats with them resting on the paper clips.
Here's mine[quoted image]

Thanks man

#841 3 years ago

Anybody got an idea on a replacement for the ball kicker assemblies for this thing. Looks like previous ownder had some issues with the hinges for these things and mine finally snapped today. All I need is the hinge but assumed I'd need to by the whole crank assembly. Marco is out, maybe there's a game with a similar ball kicker I can use to replace or as parts? Right now I just wrapped wire around it and screwed it in (looks horrible, and doesn't function well at all) to hold the assembly in place. Please if anyone has any ideas let me know.

20200504_161012 (resized).jpg20200504_161012 (resized).jpg20200504_161026 (resized).jpg20200504_161026 (resized).jpg20200504_161034 (resized).jpg20200504_161034 (resized).jpg
#844 3 years ago

I think I found it. Just have to 2ait till it gets here to find out. Thanks yall.

Also I have displays for comet for sale if anyone is in need. I have three numeric displays, the display control board, and the ball match display.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Cumberland, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BubbaPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-any-fans-out-there?tu=BubbaPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.