Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo2.JPG
photo.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Im using new batteries. What could be the problem?

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo2.JPGphoto2.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Bad connection. Reflow the solder on those wires

#3 11 years ago

Maybe the stupid coin door switch!

#4 11 years ago

Also, if there ever was any battery corrosion, check back of board to make sure traces are indeed complete and conductive. Tone them out starting at the battery connection.

#5 11 years ago

Even new batteries straight from the pack can be bad. Test those before removing the board from the game.

#6 11 years ago

If the coin door switch was bad would it always start in bookkeeping mode?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from jrolson:

If the coin door switch was bad would it always start in bookkeeping mode?

Its possible. If your new battery holder is good I would, wait...are you turning the Pin on with the door open? If the door is closed powering up in bookeeping mode could be caused by a coin door switch that is stuck open. If you can remove one wire do so and try.

#8 11 years ago

I disconnected one of the wires for the coin door and turned it back on and now it's starting fine...

Must be a bad switch?

Anyone know where to get a replacement?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from jrolson:

Anyone know where to get a replacement?

My question is why? I had the same problem and pulled the stupid thing out. If this Pin ever went back on location then I would buy a new one then...just my 2cents.

1 month later
#10 11 years ago

Hello all!!
I just bought my first pin!! a Williams Comet. It does the same thing with the bookkeeping mode and I will be going to my friends pizza shop tomorrow and disconnecting the coin door switch. Man I hope that's all it is on mine as well!
glad to be part of this forum!

#11 11 years ago

On mine, I had to take the switch off and then connect all the wires together and then it started normal...

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Zombie:

I just bought my first pin!! a Williams Comet

Congratulations...welcome to the club

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Zombie:

Hello all!!
I just bought my first pin!! a Williams Comet. It does the same thing with the bookkeeping mode and I will be going to my friends pizza shop tomorrow and disconnecting the coin door switch. Man I hope that's all it is on mine as well!
glad to be part of this forum!

Great pin. Welcome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-always-starts-in-bookkeeping-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.