(Topic ID: 98808)

Comet 6.3v LED strip lighting mods...Post um here.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gorno
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150317_021213.jpg
image.jpg
IMGA0129.JPG
IMGA0130.JPG
IMGA0131.JPG
IMG_2947.JPG
IMG_2945.JPG
e (1).JPG
e (2).JPG
IMG_2315.JPG
image-502.jpg
image-898.jpg
image-46.jpg
image-388.jpg
image-40.jpg
image-591.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

I'm still just starting out with this and still have clean-up to do with the wires, but I wanted to share a couple of things I worked on yesterday. I had previously bought 2 of the longer strips, and then life got in the way and I forgot about them. Then last week I got another Comet order in with a free sample of a small green strip. So I found the 2 big ones and decided to poke around. My LAH and JP have a dead space in the center, and I like to play in pitch dark, so I decided I'd try to lighten them up.

The long strips weren't labeled on the package, so looking at them I thought I had a warm white and a cool white. I put the warm one on the LAH ramp and plugged it into the right sling top bulb socket, and low and behold it was purple. lol But... it looked really good, so I ran the wires the best I could for now and installed it. Since the purple was making some of the neon colors on the playfield glow, I put a flex UV bulb in the left captive ball area to light up the audience for the movie theater artwork, and now the people glow in the dark. (It looks way less purple in person, and more like a black light so that the colors pop.) Oh, I also used one of the Platinum flex bulbs on the crane post to light up the backboard, and it works very well.

For JP, I wanted to light up the same general area, so I tried putting the white strip on the ramps. I couldn't get a good bend on the strip to follow the ramps and my big ptero kept getting in the way... and then inspiration hit me. I used a couple of the sticky dots to ensure a good hold, then ran the strip down the ptero's wing so that he's now a very large and decorative spotlight. I ran the wire the best I could, but I'll probably have husband shorten them later but have a pinball party thing tomorrow and wanted them back together for that.

I still haven't figured out what to do with my little green one. I thought about RFM, but I've kind of got it purpled out at the moment so that it looks black light. I'm thinking my Green Goblin needs to be lit up a little more, so I'll have to find somewhere to plug it in below my building mods.

image-879.jpgimage-879.jpg
image-393.jpgimage-393.jpg
image-636.jpgimage-636.jpg
image-969.jpgimage-969.jpg
image-863.jpgimage-863.jpg

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I put a big tesla coil on my MSF it powered everything even the black leds

Awwww yeah. Now I know what else my pin room needs. Tesla coils!

#30 9 years ago

And here's the little green one lighting up my Goblin.

image-624.jpgimage-624.jpg image-821.jpgimage-821.jpg image-196.jpgimage-196.jpg image-962.jpgimage-962.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-63v-led-strip-lighting-modspost-um-here?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.