Comet 6.3v LED strip lighting mods...Post um here.

(Topic ID: 98808)

Comet 6.3v LED strip lighting mods...Post um here.

By MustangPaul

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gorno
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 67 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150317_021213.jpg
image.jpg
IMGA0129.JPG
IMGA0130.JPG
IMGA0131.JPG
IMG_2947.JPG
IMG_2945.JPG
e (1).JPG
e (2).JPG
IMG_2315.JPG
image-502.jpg
image-898.jpg
image-46.jpg
image-388.jpg
image-40.jpg
image-591.jpg

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

T2 - with a couple Blue LED strips.... and a LED strip to the T-800 bust personalized topper

e (1).JPG (Click image to enlarge)
e (2).JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_2315.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Very impressive. Nice job. Any other places you can think of to put them? Any long plastics that need more even lighting? The nice thing about Comet strips in those places is the strip comes with a 44 or 555 socket adapter so you don't have to hunt under the pf for a power source. Here's an example.

There was no light under this plastic,
IMGA0131.JPG

so I put a strip there.
IMGA0129.JPG

Made a HUGE difference.
IMGA0130.JPG

#102 3 years ago

Just installed a blue strip behind the flippers on my BSD. Unfortunatly my iphone pic doesnt do it justice, the color transition from the dark blue of the strip to the ice blue ultimate optix in the slings looks killer!

Art is the man!
image.jpg

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Just installed a blue strip behind the flippers on my BSD. Unfortunatly my iphone pic doesnt do it justice, the color transition from the dark blue of the strip to the ice blue ultimate optix in the slings looks killer!
Art is the man!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That nice even light looks great. Now if there was only some way to do the same with the out lane plastics.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

T2 - with a couple Blue LED strips.... and a LED strip to the T-800 bust personalized topper

e (1).JPG (Click image to enlarge)
e (2).JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_2315.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you mount the strips on both of the ramps? Also, which socket/bulb did you tie it into?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Art is the man!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That looks AWESOME!!! Could you please take a picture of WHERE & HOW these LED strips are mounted. Thanks

Dan

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Art is the man!

These look awesome. Can you tell me where you hooked up the electrical lines? If you could show a picture -- that would be great!

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

That looks AWESOME!!! Could you please take a picture of WHERE & HOW these LED strips are mounted. Thanks
Dan

Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

These look awesome. Can you tell me where you hooked up the electrical lines? If you could show a picture -- that would be great!

Im at work right now but its pretty simple, its just one of art's 7 smd strips stuck under the apron as high as it will go in the ball drain area. You then route the wires thru the hole in the pf under the apron and clip to a GI socket.

I think there may be pictures on art's site or this thread showing this. You can also get the Ice Blue ultimate optix bulbs i used in the GI on his site as well. cometpinball.com

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Dan

Check out my post #62 in this thread.

1 week later
#109 3 years ago

Added some lights to the ramps and also finished the inserts and GI. Waiting for my shooter lane mod.

20150317_021213.jpg
#111 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's lit up very nice.

Thank you sir, it's still a work in progress. I am definitely enjoying the darker colours on this machine.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Thank you sir, it's still a work in progress. I am definitely enjoying the darker colours on this machine.

Is it really that bright in person? And you don't even have any spot lights on it. The lighting looks so even, no dark spots.

#113 3 years ago

It is definitely not that blinding in person. It is very pleasant to play with or without the lights on. The strips on the ramps help brighten the back of the playfield. There were a few lights that needed to be replaced by frosted lens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Sale Pending!
Henderson, NV
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
€ 40.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
$ 89.99
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside