(Topic ID: 127510)

Combo deal No Fear, Rocky and Bullwinkle

By angryjeep

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 8 years ago

I'm going to look at these two machines in about an hour to make an offer. I'm familiar with the WPC95 games but the Data East machine is new to me. Any advice on what to look for as far as common issues? Both have been home use only for at least 5 years. He's a buddy I have known for 20 years but he knows nothing about his own machines.

#2 8 years ago

R&B: Check to see if the original Launch button housing is intact. Make sure the hat trick system in the back box is intact with all three plates (although these can be easily replaced now at Marco). Check to make sure the Nell log table has all the parts (motor can at least be replaced, but you still need the large plastic gear and pully wheel).

Beyond that, look for typical wear & tear that might devalue the machine like broken plastics, especially the lower lane guard rails. Those are often in sad shape on used machine, and you can't replace the original design of them (though newer ones by Stern are still made and work in place of them).

Lastly, make DAMNED sure the plastic ramps are in good working order. Those are almost impossible to replace. Once in a great while, one or two ramps will show up, but it takes about once a year, and some people know this and try to charge a ridiculous amount like $500 for them. I got lucky in that I found a pristine NOS full set for 50 bucks each in Norway, but that's obviously the exception to the norm.

#3 8 years ago

Its very hard to get parts for so make sure it all works and is there. Also huo is exactly that so 5 years huo is not really huo lol.in the end condition is king anyhow

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also huo is exactly that so 5 years huo is not really huo

Haha! Point taken.

FirebrandX Thanks so much for the info! I will do my best. I've had plenty of SS games from the 80s and I have an AFM but the data east stuff is new to me.

#5 8 years ago

Both machines looked great! The No Fear was just about perfect except I think it has a bad opto on the right flipper. it was intermittent and the eos and coil *looked* fine. The R&B was in great condition, dirty playfield, minor cab and backbox damage, ramps and plastics near perfect, hat trick cards all worked and there was even an extra 2 new cards and a broken lion card in the cabinet. It also has a topper! I made him an offer. I'll call him tomorrow and see if I can go pick them up if the weather cooperates.

#6 8 years ago

Take photographs of the playfield if you get a chance and I can point out anything of note.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
3,900 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 18.95
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/combo-deal-no-fear-rocky-and-bullwinkle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.