Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by yaksplat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 46 days ago

Any time a switch in column 5 is closed, all of the switches in that row register in the tests. So if i close switch 36, all switches in row 3 report being closed. What am I looking for here? I can't find any shorts in the wires, all diodes are soldered correctly and this was previously working on this machine.

#2 46 days ago

The switches you highlighted in that column.Work your way upstream starting with the first switch in that column which Would be switch 33 left standup switch look for a loose wire and a bad diode on one of those switches in that column(your problem sounds more of a bad/faulty diode or a switch is wired in the wrong order).
Where you working on the game such as wiring on a switch Or replacing a diode?

#4 45 days ago
Quoted from pinmike:Where you working on the game such as wiring on a switch Or replacing a diode?

I just put a hard top on the playfield. This whole group of switches was hanging under the playfield for a bit while I sanded and rebuilt the top, but none of them were disconnected. I'm a mechanical and software guy, so I'm still a rookie with the electrical side of things. This helps though. I'll check the diodes and wiring in that order. Thanks!

#5 45 days ago

I went through and tested every diode and they're all testing correctly in both directions. I then started testing continuity around other switches and i found that GRN/BLK is shorted to all other WHT/* wires. I took the connectors off and it's happening at the board. Should that happen?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
1,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sterling, MA
$ 17.00
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 400.00
Playfields
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 239.00
€ 18.95
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
MicksPinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside