Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unspecified2_(resized).jpg
unspecified_(resized).jpg
97c36fcab371bd30ce092f8a39636b3a1fe5fda1_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_8.08.07_AM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_8.08.18_AM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_8.07.45_AM_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Secondly, and this is a little over my head you need a data dump from Pinmame (or I think there is talk of being able to get the feed directly from the rgbDMD board down the road once a host client can be setup)
To do this you need to replace your old boring .dll file with a special .dll file in your PinMame folder:
http://go-dmd.de/VPinMAME.zip

The current version on go-dmd.de allows you to play back recordings using the custom vpinmame.dll file for PinMAME. You need to make a folder named tmp in the root of your Windows drive or it won't work. Then zip up the text file in a 7z archive using 7-Zip and load the 7z file into the goDMD animation editor.

#7 8 years ago

Actually that palette has been boosted to 16 custom-defined colors. There's also an "upload frame" button which may allow inserting of full RGB bitmap images, but I haven't tried the new software.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I guess we could look to the new colorized DMD on MMr. SO there is that, but those were all totally re-done......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-under-the-microscope#post-2954053

MMR uses 256x64 images with 16-bit color which translates to 65,536 colors or 64 shades of 1,024 colors.

#26 8 years ago

The upload frame button does nothing so it's under construction.

1 month later
#38 8 years ago

Cameras do a a terrible job at representing things like this. I'm sure the image is flicker free in person.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorizing-rgbdmd-using-pin2dmd?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.