Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0698.JPG
    IMGA0687.JPG
    IMGA0686.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

was thinking about going off the hook and loading some of the colored pinballs into a few of my games

before droppin some serious change (FOR A PINBALL) on them, just wanted to float the question. Wondering if they are denting?, discoloring?, and looking crappy after some play.

BASICALLY ARE THEY WORTH IT???

I have Black pinballs in my Back in Black.... and the work great, they are expensive, and they are different to say the least. actually a little hard to see relative to a silver ball.

thanks for any and all feedback

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinnaf:

actually a little hard to see relative to a silver ball.

Thats the main reason not to use colored balls.

#3 9 years ago

I have one in each of 5 games but only as captive balls so they are holding up just fine.

#4 9 years ago

I get that point ,,,, BUT - just to switch things up or if it actually will be more noticeable (in certain games).. just asking if they dirty quickly... and I have browsed around the net and finding some comments that they may actually cause wear to the playfield if they chip up or become "unperfect"

Its not like they are widely used like LED lighting, powder coating metal parts, and other mods... I just don't see much about colored pinballs.. good or bad

K

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have one in each of 5 games but only as captive balls so they are holding up just fine.

CAPTIVITY.... (ah, the safety of a pinball jail cell)

I want to put 2 in my Radical! pin and "LET'EM BREATHE!!!!"

#6 9 years ago

Where do I get them? Want to put in place a a few captive balls as well.

#7 9 years ago

Pinsider Pin_-_K had singles for sale $15 each + shipping. PM him and see if he has any left. Tell him MustangPaul sent you. Here are 3 in my games.

IMGA0686.JPGIMGA0686.JPG IMGA0687.JPGIMGA0687.JPG IMGA0698.JPGIMGA0698.JPG
    #8 9 years ago

I have 4 black ones in my Spiderman and special black ones in certain games, and then I've got 4 of the white GloBalls scattered 1 each in NGG, Frankenstein, LAH, and the captive ball in JP. We honestly don't play a ton of games on any of them. Upon checking the black ones there are some small marks on them but nothing that makes them unable to be used or makes me want to take them out. I've never seen anything on my machine different because of them. With the Glo Balls, they certainly play faster and the white does pick up some dirt more than a normal silver ball would. The one I have the most dirt on is always NGG because of the multiple subway systems, which I'm sure need to be cleaned but I'm in no hurry to take apart.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Pinsider Pin_-_K had singles for sale $15 each + shipping. PM him and see if he has any left. Tell him MustangPaul sent you. Here are 3 in my games.

IMGA0686.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
    IMGA0687.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
    IMGA0698.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Are there red white and blue pinballs...was thinking about the captive ball nuclear area of Judge Dredd...

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Where do I get them? Want to put in place a a few captive balls as well.

mod my pin--- 4 for $48
    (if you need or want 4 - that's a decent deal... glo ones are more)

can send you the link if you want...
    k

#11 9 years ago

I ordered an orange glo ball for my metallica (thanks for the idea aurich) for the captive ball. Shoudk be here this week

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Are there red white and blue pinballs...was thinking about the captive ball nuclear area of Judge Dredd...

No red, contact him and see what he has.

1 week later
    #13 9 years ago

I use a green in the captive ball of TFTC and the other day I checked it out. Has some black marks on it and showed some wear. Fine for captive ball, but I don't think they'd hold up over a long period used as a playable ball.

#14 9 years ago

Put 4 captive balls in BBB, look great but being captive they don't get a lot of wear.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I use a green in the captive ball of TFTC and the other day I checked it out. Has some black marks on it and showed some wear. Fine for captive ball, but I don't think they'd hold up over a long period used as a playable ball.

You could always put a regular ball in front of it to take all the punishment.

#16 9 years ago

Orange is showing some dirt will clean it Saturday and check for wear (installed last Saturday)

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You could always put a regular ball in front of it to take all the punishment.

Then I couldn't see the green ball. I like it being visible and it looks good still, but couldn't see it holding up in game play.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colored-pinballs-how-they-holdin-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.