Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Espo66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0891.JPG
    100_0890.JPG
    100_0892.JPG

#1 12 years ago

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2340&parent=0

Anyone tried these and have pics? I ordered some green for Congo to try out. Post pics if you have any of these on a pin.

#2 12 years ago

I'm thinking those were mainly used on older games like System 11's, i dont remember seeing any nuts like that on any newer titles, especially WPC95's like Congo, Im curious to know how it turns out, post pics!

#3 12 years ago

I've seen them on 6803s, early bally games. But that's about it from the factory. But, lots of games have 6-32 nuts, if they are your thing, have fun!

#4 12 years ago

And of course you can always use a 3/4" piece of threaded 6-32 rod and make the nuts into knobs for most other games - if you don't like the look of screw heads.

#5 12 years ago

I bought some yellow ones for my tri zone, i do like them, however they were not as bright as i would have thought, kinda dull. They are a step up though.

#6 12 years ago

I had Colored Nuts once.............once!

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

I bought some yellow ones for my tri zone

hey man post some pics when you can, really interested in how the yellows look.

#8 12 years ago

Anyone have success in painting the white caps with enamel paint, etc.? They dont have gray A-corns I will have to paint them myself.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

hey man post some pics when you can, really interested in how the yellows look.

Sure, i can do it tonight.

#10 12 years ago

Did blue ones on my flash.....will post some pics...

#11 12 years ago

We reviewed them on the Pinball Podcast. Pretty good, but could be better. They're better than just plain old white, but it seems as if the colors could be a bit more vibrant.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Anyone have success in painting the white caps with enamel paint, etc.? They dont have gray A-corns I will have to paint them myself.

White nylon dyes with just plain old Rit Dye

#13 12 years ago

I'd love to see some pics of these installed. I was thinking of trying some red ones on my Skateball....

#14 12 years ago

Wouldn't look good then, if I just hand painted them with enamel paint? I would be applying with a brush.

#15 12 years ago

Here are my yellow ones on tri. Hope it gives u some idea, of how they would look.

100_0892.JPG100_0892.JPG 100_0890.JPG100_0890.JPG 100_0891.JPG100_0891.JPG

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Wouldn't look good then, if I just hand painted them with enamel paint? I would be applying with a brush.

Paint does not stick to nylon, it will just chip and look terrible.

Dye soaks into the nylon permanently.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Here are my yellow ones on tri. Hope it gives u some idea, of how they would look.

Oh wow! Those look better than I had hoped. Really puts a more detailed look on the PF. I now have high hopes for green on Congo.

#18 12 years ago

Nice nuts dude

#19 12 years ago

Those would look good on my SMB in blue or red.

Are these plastic or metal?

#20 12 years ago

They are plastic...nylon...

#21 12 years ago

Thank you Tom

but .... boo

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I had Colored Nuts once.............once! []

You just made me fall off the couch laughing................

#23 12 years ago

We're they blue?

#24 12 years ago

I used red on my Monday night football and they look good. especially since the machine had about five different types before I replaced them.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from rdonohue13:

I used red on my Monday Night Football and they look good

Would love to see some pics of this when you get a chance.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

spfxted said:

I had Colored Nuts once.............once! []
    You just made me fall off the couch laughing................

Thanks....I try....

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from nasco62:

Did blue ones on my flash.....will post some pics...

Looking forward to this. Thanks.

#28 12 years ago

I have to check my machines to see which ones I can use these on. Maybe Xenon and Centigrade 37?

#29 12 years ago

Congo doesn't use acorn nuts. They are all metal nuts with the plastic locking center. I think acorns will leave all the plastics loose. Honestly I think most dont even use just nuts. Post for Roma and what not or 1/4" hex head wood screws. I will look when I get home.

Have you put green cliffs post sleeves yet? Didn't you full LED it too? Pictures! I'm in the middle of LEDs on mine

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2340&parent=0
    Anyone tried these and have pics? I ordered some green for Congo to try out. Post pics if you have any of these on a pin.

Used red on Flash Gordon and will use Blue or Black on F2K restore. I like them!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colored-nuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.