Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by JBScar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_5.jpg
    pinball_4.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

Would you put colored LED bulbs in your EM machine? Or would you keep it all white bulbs like original? I like it original, but I can see where some colored LEDs would look nice, but perhaps a bit out of place on an older EM. So what do you think?

#2 14 years ago

Hmm. An interesting question. Has anyone tried it?

#3 14 years ago

Personally I think it would look a little out of place, maybe white led's would be a better fit. You never know though if you find the right em game colored led's could look decent. I think led's look best on dot matrix games though.

#4 14 years ago

If you have more than one machine go for the whites and some colored ones. If they don't work in one place try them in another. The colored ones sometimes look cool behind the rubber ring kickers where the light is visible instead of under a colored playfield spot.

I can't wait for tomorrow when I get another machine. It'll be my first DMD. I just got back from treatment and feel like crap. It'll be sure to lift my spirits tomorrow afterwards.
    Speaking of "spirits" ... cheers ... hehe

#5 14 years ago

I think I'll buy some LEDs in my next order just to see how they look

#6 14 years ago

I put some on my Freedom and they look great ,I did them in red white and blue!

pinball_4.jpgpinball_4.jpg pinball_5.jpgpinball_5.jpg

#7 14 years ago

Wow! That Freedom looks great!

#8 14 years ago

Thanks Santeh,I got the LEDS from pinballlife and it cost less than $50 including delivery!

#9 14 years ago

Did you install LED's in the back box as well, or just the playfield?

#10 14 years ago

Damn that freedom does look great. What a super cool pin

#11 14 years ago

Leigh I installed them on the playfield only in those pictures.since then I installed white LEDS in the backbox and it brightened the pin even more!

#12 14 years ago

Thanks Maldoror,Freedom is a pin I played in my youth about 30 years ago!

#13 14 years ago

thanks for the pics scooter. i'm gonna go ahead and get some for my em. i can always change them out if i want to go back to original

#14 14 years ago

My opinion with led bulbs in ANY machine just "DO IT, DO IT!" (ever see that Starsky and Hutch movie?)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colored-led-bulbs-in-an-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.