(Topic ID: 239694)

Colored Gobstopper Pinballs: What Tech Has JJP Developed?

By Jason_Jehosaphat

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pp,840x830-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

colored balls with sensors on the game to read the different colors and enter different modes and for scoring. this secret was already leaked out.

I'll believe it when I see the 15k price tag.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

optic sensors are very cheap compared to mechs.

A standard IR opto is completely and utterly incapable of detecting the COLOR of a ball. You would need a more advanced sensor (CCD) along with the processing power and logic to do that, most likely UNDER the playfield, which is pretty dark, and have it be responsive enough to do that in near-realtime.

I'm not going to debate what manufacturers decide extra things on their game is 'worth'...because we all know it's a bunch of horsesh--- and completely arbitrary numbers they come up with to cover their cost plus what they think they can get away with. And the market the last 5 years has been screaming "Go ahead, you can get away with it!" So all I'm saying is if JJP has colored balls on this game, and does anything actually remotely along these lines with them, you can expect to get charged far more than what it's 'worth'. I figured something like that has enough 'cool' factor to bump the price up 2k from WOZ YBRLMFAOIKR edition. I mean....the LCD screen to Stern has been worth an additional 1k-1500k. Something that's only been even similarly done in pinball twice before, and in a completely low-tech manner at that?

"WALLETS OUT FOR JJP" going to be the new motto around here lol.

2 weeks later
    #23 4 years ago

*finger guns*

Told ya.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colored-gobstopper-pinballs-what-tech-has-jjp-developed?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.