(Topic ID: 114964)

COLORDMD'S SERVICE... lets talk about it!

By toasterman04

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Maken
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10682159_905979229431067_6611823737109308141_o.png
    #1 9 years ago

I have never ordered from these guys before, and decided to take the plunge. Not knowing much about their product, I sent am email asking some questions. I was expecting a response within 24 hours, boy was I wrong. I had a response within an hour, answered everything I needed to know to take the plunge into purchasing their product. I ordered right away; excited to install this amazing new screen. I received another email within 8 hours of ordering it giving notification that the product has shipped. I WAS SHOCKED. I have had good service before but this, this was super amazing. I am ridiculously impressed so far. can not wait to have my mind blown when their product is in my hand!

THANKS COLORDMD.

#2 9 years ago

Randy, Chris, Doug - all great guys

#3 9 years ago

I ordered late afternoon on December 30th expecting to get a shipment notice on Jan 5th. I got a shipping notice that night and it shipped on new years eve. I got it on Jan 2nd and installed it that night.

I joked on the 7th that they could release the rom early (due on the 9th) and they did.

Seriously these guys should teach a service course to some of the other vendors.

#4 9 years ago

Their product is awesome and so are they. They put in a colorDMD in our fishtales at the show as the only game we had without a colorDMD. That was nice of them to let us borrow it for the show. While it of course advertised their product, it was still really cool to have and they put it in

#5 9 years ago

One of the only drama free pin companies in the biz! From day one. Great product, great guys. If only they were a LITTLE cheaper

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Seriously these guys should teach a service course to some of the other vendors

I agree what a company... I will be a repeat customer for sure.... when I can afford to again... lol

#7 9 years ago

I ordered my second Color DMD on Tuesday, it came today (Friday), and I had it installed in a half-an-hour on my WhiteWater. These folks seriously rock and the installation instructions are total idiot-proof. Even to the smallest detail of where to have the red on the ribbon cable facing is outlined.
    An absolute awesome team there at ColorDMD. I do agree though, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for - total quality.

#8 9 years ago

Own 4. All good experiences. No problems.

#9 9 years ago

I've never had to use their customer service, so that's a good start.

#10 9 years ago

What a bunch of a-holes
    Giving good service

Whoda thunk it

#11 9 years ago

Randy is awesome, I had an issue with a colordmd (MY fault, I tore a cable in the back of the monitor) and he sent me a replacement and told me to send the broken one back when I got it. I offered to pay for the replacement but he won't take my money... I still owe him a dinner I hope to pay up in 2015

#12 9 years ago

LOL THATS AWESOME

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Own 4. All good experiences. No problems.

Why on earth did the color DMD guys give this guy a thumbs down?

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

What a bunch of a-holes
    Giving good service
    Whoda thunk it

Randy has got to be the biggest a-hole of them all

#15 9 years ago

That was my experience. Randy contacted me within a short time.

LTG : )™

#16 9 years ago

toasterman04, what game are you putting it in?
    I am up to 4 displays right now.

#17 9 years ago

Nothing but top notch service from the ColorDMD guys along with a great product!

You have chosen... Wisely....

10682159_905979229431067_6611823737109308141_o.png10682159_905979229431067_6611823737109308141_o.png

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

Why on earth did the color DMD guys give this guy a thumbs down?

Lol. I wondered what I did to wrong them. It was probably an accident. It's gone now.

#19 9 years ago

I am putting it in a whitewater... Very excited

#20 9 years ago

I am thinking about IT that based off this purchase I might buy one for my goldeneye, I know there is no multicolour but just changing some colors would be great... Although I never checked to see if it would work for that game so I should check that out first maybe...

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

I am thinking about IT that based off this purchase I might buy one for my goldeneye, I know there is no multicolour but just changing some colors would be great... Although I never checked to see if it would work for that game so I should check that out first maybe...

Dialing up a nice gold would look sweet

#22 9 years ago

Top Guy's , excellent service ,great products, I have 4 x colorDMD, FT , TAF, STTNG, IJ, hopefully the ColorDMD TZ will be soon meaning all my machines will be color. The machines look great in color you would find it hard to return back to the orange DMD

#23 9 years ago

I got 3 installed. Would love to put one in every title! They are awesome.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

You must be putting it in someone else's WH2O since I don't see that in your current collection list.

#25 9 years ago

Their support is terrific. I damaged one of my displays installing it, and Randy had a new one sent out to me the next day. I now have them in 3 games, and I think RS will be # 4. It is a refreshing experience dealing with such a good company!

#26 9 years ago

Just ordered my 5th (Road Show). Happy with the product and the service.

#27 9 years ago

Just ordered one for my RoadShow! These guys are great. Have one in my STTNG. Waiting for Gofers!

#28 9 years ago

I have ordered more of these than I can count. Only one issue with an item that got messed up in shipping. I didn't know it for months after I purchased and they didn't think twice about taking care of me. One of the best names in the pinball business hands down.

#29 9 years ago

I had a very similar experience to the OP's. Emailed with questions, email answered within 24hrs, by Randy himself, ordered and received the display very quickly (i'm in Australia).
    If I ever buy another pin I will definitely be ordering again.

#30 9 years ago

Colordmd rocks,
    Buying cool pinball products and getting them shipped from the States can be a nightmare for us aussies downunder.
    We have six colordmd products, the service and fast shipping has been the best ive dealt with in 10 years buying pinball parts from USA.
    Congratulations colordmd,
    we are looking forward to buying more product in the future..

Post edited by pinwaz: changed postage to shipping

#31 9 years ago

Great service. super fast reply to an install question. I will have a ColorDMD in every game I own that supports it and have one in STLE just waiting.

#32 9 years ago

My experience as well. Super happy with my LOTR ColorDMD. Top notch product, and great people.

#33 9 years ago

toasterman04 said:

You must be putting it in someone else's WH2O since I don't see that in your current collection list.

You bet, I am servicing one and having a blast doing it. I convinced the owner to put one in by showing him the you tube teaser on it... Man they did a great job with it I got goosebumps watching it... I thought I had to show him the possibilities.... He fell in love with it too and here it comes

#34 9 years ago

I want to get one for my Lotr but I hear they send it and I guess when you receive it you have to download the content on it. Why can't they just ship it with the content already installed? Or am I totally miss informed?

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shado1w:

I want to get one for my Lotr but I hear they send it and I guess when you receive it you have to download the content on it. Why can't they just ship it with the content already installed? Or am I totally miss informed?

Seriously, it only takes a minute to update the display to whichever color ROM that is released.
    http://www.colordmd.com/FAQ.html

#36 9 years ago

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shado1w:

It's way easier for them to only stock one product. The ColorDMD is sealed when you get it, and it really only does take a minute to flash it.

#38 9 years ago

Ya from what I read on their website and other forums it sounds ridiculously easy

#39 9 years ago

Yep, another Aussie buyer here. Up to 5 now, and will need a 6th when TZ is released.

Unfortunately, with the Aussie $ in the toilet again it makes it close to a $600 purchase after shipping.

Mike.

#40 9 years ago

Have to chime in on this as well.

Customer service and response time is great. Even when I've asked questions that I really should have known the answer to, they have been quick, polite, and do a really good job of explaining things.

I currently have 3 of the ColorDMD products (AFM, MB, and TAF) and had one in my MM. Basically, if I own a pin that they do the ColorDMD for, I'm going to buy it.

Probably shouldn't have admitted that...because I'd like to see the price come down.

#41 9 years ago

Awesome products, great customer service. Can't wait to add their colour dmds (hopefully one day in the not too distant futute) to my ACDC, MET and SM. Best upgrade yet IMO.

#42 9 years ago

Only complaint is that I wish they would update the roms quicker.

LOTR needs an update. It's been a long time since it came out and they have known about the (admittedly minor) issues since the beginning. Doesn't seem like something that should take months to resolve.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmds-service-lets-talk-about-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.