Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Brentslane
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I got an e-mail this morning that ColorDMDs for TAF, MM, and AFM will be available for purchase on 10/25/12. I talked to Randy at Expo and he said he hopes to have them in stock a little longer this time but expects TAF to sell very well. If you're interested, take a look at: http://shop.colordmd.com but don't delay, when they go on sale, they tend to sell out quickly.

#2 11 years ago

The TAF is coming in a little quicker than I hoped. Likely waiting for the next run.

LTG

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The TAF is coming in a little quicker than I hoped. Likely waiting for the next run.

LTG

Same here, Christmas coming and all...

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Same here, Christmas coming and all...

That is what I thought. When they were talking before Christmas, I was hoping to have another month to scrounge money for it.

Still awesome. And the people getting them are going to be very happy campers.

LTG

#5 11 years ago

I need to pick up one for my MM, then maybe I'll pick up one for the TAF down the road. I'm really loving the one I got for my AFM.

#6 11 years ago

Wish I had an extra $400 laying around.
Will have to wait a bit on this one.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I need to pick up one for my MM, then maybe I'll pick up one for the TAF down the road. I'm really loving the one I got for my AFM.

I think AFM is the best. Got MM. Not sure if I want to spend another $400 on TAF. Wonder what the fourth title will be.

#8 11 years ago

Not a fan of mods at all but I really like the new color displays, my Addams Family has a few lines out that I've repaired and went out again so I need to replace it eventually. The price tag is just a bit high, still thinking about it.

#9 11 years ago

I'll be getting mine for sure. I just spent $1000 restoring my TAF that I bought in 1997. What's another $400? This way, if the DMD driver board power section dies again, it won't matter! I've rebuilt it twice in the past 15 years. It was me that suggested to Ed at Great Plains that he should offer a kit after paying $20 for parts at a local electronics supply store. Plus I get another DMD to put on the shelf in case one of my others die. Win/Win!

#10 11 years ago

Does anyone know what the next game these will be available for? I'm hoping MB, I don't own any of the other 3.

#11 11 years ago

They need to do IJ!

#12 11 years ago

One of you will be happy in the near future...

#13 11 years ago

I think the next pin is IJ. I will be getting my TAF tomorrow. Likely IJ if its next.

#14 11 years ago

Can you just buy a generic display without the programing and set it to one color? I saw on the congo at expo and it had a green display.

#15 11 years ago

That is correct. You can pick one of 255 colors I think. Any ColorDMD can be set up this way. I would be concerned about the mounting before I did this though.

-Al-

#16 11 years ago

I think MB would be VERY cool.

#17 11 years ago

I'd like to see T2 be next. Here's why:

1. It was the first Pin designed with a DMD in mind. What better way to honor that milestone for the 21st century?
2. There isn't a ton of animation in it, so development time would be slightly lower.
3. 15,000+ in sales. Plenty of potential customers! More than AFM and MM!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

It was the first Pin designed with a DMD in mind.

Date East Check Point will be sorry to hear that. ( by 5 months )

LTG

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

I'd like to see T2 be next. Here's why:
1. It was the first Pin designed with a DMD in mind. What better way to honor that milestone for the 21st century?
2. There isn't a ton of animation in it, so development time would be slightly lower.
3. 15,000+ in sales. Plenty of potential customers! More than AFM and MM!

Yes, but will T2 owners buy a $400 display when their game is worth $1500-$2000. It's nearly a 1/3 -1/5 of the price of the machine. I am sure you would and others might as well, but I think they are smart going after the expensive titles first since people typically don't mind dropping money on mods for them. I would love for some of the B/C titles to get done and I would buy them for every one of my games if possible, so I hope in the long run they can make them for nearly all the DMD games. But I can understand why for starters they are focusing on the big hitters.

#20 11 years ago

TZ needs to be next. Because I want to be.

But I can easily see it being MB. That game needs it.

I can just get the ColorDMD for my TZ and set it to grey and I'll be happy. Seems fitting in all black and white...

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Date East Check Point will be sorry to hear that. ( by 5 months )
LTG

That wasn't the standard DMD design that ColorDMD is replacing. T2 also may have started it's design phase prior to Check Point. Heck, even at Williams, Gilligan's Island beat T2 out the door, but T2 had a longer design phase, and was conceived first.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Yes, but will T2 owners buy a $400 display when their game is worth $1500-$2000. It's nearly a 1/3 -1/5 of the price of the machine. I am sure you would and others might as well, but I think they are smart going after the expensive titles first since people typically don't mind dropping money on mods for them. I would love for some of the B/C titles to get done and I would buy them for every one of my games if possible, so I hope in the long run they can make them for nearly all the DMD games. But I can understand why for starters they are focusing on the big hitters.

Price of the Pin isn't really relative. T2 is one of the most heavily modded Pins out there. It's a favorite to own and mod.

#23 11 years ago

IJ is an excellent choice. Some of the best dots ever, and lots of them.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

Does anyone know what the next game these will be available for? I'm hoping MB, I don't own any of the other 3.

Im hoping for MB too. It would be really cool.

#25 11 years ago

I got their email and thought today was 10/25. I was hitting refresh on my phone every hour at the half past point wanting to see if they were for sale yet. Then I realized that tomorrow is 10/25.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

T2 is one of the most heavily modded Pins out there. It's a favorite to own and mod.

I think you meant TZ....

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Price of the Pin isn't really relative. T2 is one of the most heavily modded Pins out there. It's a favorite to own and mod.

What are all the expense mods that people do on T2? I know pinball dreams has some T2 mods but I only seen a few people buy them.

#29 11 years ago

Is there only one version of taf display? Or is there one for gold roms and one for those without?

I emailed twice but no reply.

#31 11 years ago

If i remember correctly it will work with all three, but the gold roms will get the most out of it.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

If i remember correctly it will work with all three, but the gold roms will get the most out of it.

Correct - that's what I read too.

#33 11 years ago

Can't tell if their site takes credit card or just paypal. Anyone know?

#34 11 years ago

I was early and got AFM on the first order sort of forgot watching Vegas on DVR and now states
Price: $399.00
SKU: TAF
Sorry but this item is currently unavailable.

Please check back at a later stage.

I guess I waited to long. It happened really quick on that first run of AFM then some were selling for a 100 over costs, bet it happens again!

Buddy

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I was early and got AFM on the first order sort of forgot watching Vegas on DVR and now states
Price: $399.00
SKU: TAF
Sorry but this item is currently unavailable.
Please check back at a later stage.
I guess I waited to long. It happened really quick on that first run of AFM then some were selling for a 100 over costs, bet it happens again!
Buddy

Ehhh- All PRODUCTS BACK IN STOCK 10/25, 8:30 AM PDT! That would be TODAY at 8:30AM Pacific - or 9:30 Mountain - or 10:30 Central - or 11:30 Eastern. You're still on course!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Can't tell if their site takes credit card or just paypal. Anyone know?

You can pay with a credit card on PayPal without having a PayPal account. So, yes, you can use a Credit Card.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think you meant TZ....

Nope, T2.

Could care less about TZ.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

What are all the expense mods that people do on T2? I know pinball dreams has some T2 mods but I only seen a few people buy them.

The price of the ColorDMD mods are high compared to mods for most Pins anyway....not sure that it matters.

#39 11 years ago

I emailed Color DMD about if I buy this display for MM and I sell MM then can I use it on TAF or AFM.
They have chosen to lock the display to an individual game. He said they may let you switch to another game in the future but you will need to pay more to switch it to another game they support.

They also said they have not had many request to be able to switch it to another game.
I guess I am the only one that would keep the display and put it in a different game if I sold the game I bought it for. I might just try it out on another game.
If you want this feature write them so they have more requests.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

The price of the ColorDMD mods are high compared to mods for most Pins anyway....not sure that it matters.

I am sure it does matter or they would have done T2 first. If there is such a demand for T2 since people dump so much money into modding that game then maybe colorDMD will do it next.

#41 11 years ago

My POV is that 400 is not a bad price for a very cool mod considering you can still use your old DMD in something else someday. I look at it like $250 for an upgrade to color.

That said, as much as I want this for my TAF, funds are too tight to buy it today ;(

#42 11 years ago

Got to be MB - virtually every MB owner will want it!

#43 11 years ago

Ordered TAF, can't wait!

#44 11 years ago

Just ordered one for my AFM!

#45 11 years ago

I would buy for my MB the second it went on sale.

#46 11 years ago

Grabbed 2 for my games and am glad I don't own a TAF as well

#47 11 years ago

Ordered one for TAF... wish their was overnight shipping.

#48 11 years ago

Not sure it has been mentioned, but everyone knows you can get them at Planetary Pinball and Bay Area Amusements as well, right?

Looks like the latter is sold out, however.

#49 11 years ago

I know they are shipping tomorrow...

#50 11 years ago

Just placed a order for my Addams Family!

Cant wait! The one up at the expo was beautiful!

Need one for TZ , please!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

30,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,159.00
$ 1,159.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmds-including-taf-available-as-of-10-25-12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.