You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
the_count.jpg
Homer2.jpg
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

If you quoted my entire sentence instead of truncating it to support your "wit" you could probably figure out what I meant.
1. Loved by collectors.
2. Had a higher production run.
3. Is still reasonable in price.
4. Has such cool animations.
What other $1500-$2500 games match that?

Ouch! I get to have my "wit" put in quotes!

Fine, here we go:
1) Getaway, while fun, isn't even in my top 50 favorite games. It's not that incredibly awesome. (Oddly enough, I also talk to a lot of collectors. There aren't too many that love it as much as you seem to).
2) Yes, the production run was great. As ColorDMD has shown, this certainly isn't the only factor involved when they pick which game to do. Scared Stiff didn't exactly have a big run...
3) The reasonable price is probably a detriment. If you are ColorDMD, you probably want collectors with more money than sense...you aren't looking for the collectors that gravitate toward "value"machines. Those guys can be cheap, or on a budget. You want the dudes that own Medieval Madness, Scared Stiff, or Monster Bash....those guys have the money to buy the latest ColorDMDs.

Really...what's the "cheapest" pin that has a colorDMD? Whitewater? STTNG? Man...those are easily double (or triple) what Getaway is. It really kills your argument to bring up the cheapness of the Getaway.

4) Cool animations? Have you played any other DMD machines before? Getaway is actually pretty limited. It was a VERY early DMD, so it plays like a souped up System 11...and there are many times where the DMD is showing nothing cool at all (like the score). That's kind of the problem with Whitewater, too. While I love that ColorDMD....Scared Stiff blows it out of the water. Those really early DMDs just can't compete with the animations on the later ones. Heck, just watch ToTAN.

So, Getaway is a pretty awful choice. They'd be better off with something like Indiana Jones or Twilight Zone (High Production, High Value, better loved than Getaway by a large margin). Heck, they'd be better off with TOTAN or even Shadow, to be honest.

So there you have it. Some "intelligence" and "logic" from me. (I tried to keep my "wit" out of it).

Pete

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

True.
It'll be nice once someone hacks these and starts making programs for every single DMD game made. Power to the people and not just the wealthy!

I don't understand all the thumbs down here. I've had the same thought myself. If there was a utility available that anyone could use to develop their own animations (time intensive I'm sure), I bet ColorDMD would sell more units to those who might not have otherwise bought one.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I got ya beat. I will have AFM, MB and MM lined up next to each other, all with the Color DMD.

I'd give up my left nut for a MM. Heck, I'll give em' both up
That's the trifecta lineup for me!

I will say the color on MB is amazing, some of the animations I never even really noticed what was going on until I saw them in color. I love the balance of blue and purple for the scoring, really a nice job by colordmd. Too bad now I'm draining balls like crazy cause I'm staring at the damn DMD

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I will say the color on MB is amazing, some of the animations I never even really noticed what was going on until I saw them in color.

Mine won't arrive until Thursday.

Just in time for Labor Day Weekend!

#105 10 years ago

Got mine today. It looks incredible.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Got mine today. It looks incredible.

Yup...looks fantastic - but, hey - they all do! I was also motivated to finally add some spotlights to my MB to brighten up the playfield...it looks awesome but causes a little glare on the Color DMD that I don't think I would have noticed on an orange one. I turned up the brightness setting on the Color DMD and that helped a bit...also, lots of the cool animations happen when all the GI goes out, so - all in all it's all good.

#107 10 years ago

Rare hero, care to share pics of the play field? Was thinking of doing a couple spotlights too, any ideas appreciated.

#108 10 years ago

Big thanks again to the guys, mine arrived down under today! Looking forward to installing tomorrow.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Mine won't arrive until Thursday.
Just in time for Labor Day Weekend!

Same here. Normally we benefit with most things pinball related being towards the east coast!

#110 10 years ago

Rare hero, care to share pics of the play field? Was thinking of doing a couple spotlights too, any ideas appreciated.

Here ya go

I'm debating redoing it Metallica/Avengers style....drilling holes in the apron and mounting the lights inside.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm debating redoing it Metallica/Avengers style....drilling holes in the apron and mounting the lights inside.

I'm guessing that that's how they did this:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MB_UVLightFlipperKitPage.html

Their configuration seems to leave huge shadows in front of the flippers. You know...where you need the light the most?!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Their configuration seems to leave huge shadows in front of the flippers. You know...where you need the light the most?!

I don't think so. Based on shadow angle, I suspect a single light source under the lip of the apron above the outhole. I tried this with better results, though it may just be bad photography.

Anyway, I like RH's idea, I just hate the part about drilling holes in my pristine machine.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My spotlights make the dark flipper area more obvious. MB doesn't have much GI in the area cuz of the Phantom Flip optos.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My spotlights make the dark flipper area more obvious. MB doesn't have much GI in the area cuz of the Phantom Flip optos.

Exactly. And that's why spots on MB are pretty much required, as much as I'd prefer not to have them on there.

#115 10 years ago

I installed this today and I must say, Color DMD really outdid themselves on this title!

This is the second best conversion next to AFM, in my opinion.

Well worth the wait!

Thank-you!

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I installed this today and I must say, Color DMD really outdid themselves on this title!
This is the second best conversion next to AFM, in my opinion.
Well worth the wait!
Thank-you!

+1 - just put mine in today - what a great job! Well done guys.

#117 10 years ago

Phenomenal! It's almost ridiculous how well this complements MB.

#118 10 years ago

Mine just came. I will be installing this weekend.

#119 10 years ago

I was thinking of moving my ColorDMD from Addams Family over to my Monster Bash as opposed to buying another one. I already have one in my AFM. Looks great in AFM and its good in TAF but not at the same level as AFM. Based on the feedback in this thread, sounds like I should move my TAF ColorDMD over to the Monster Bash.

What do you all think?

Ed

#120 10 years ago

Got mine today as well. Looking forward to the install tonight.

#121 10 years ago

Looks amazing!

Oh and eharan, definitely throw it in MB and see how ya like it but something tells me it will stay there

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I was thinking of moving my ColorDMD from Addams Family over to my Monster Bash as opposed to buying another one.

Not a bad idea.

I was not happy with the TAF conversion.

In my opinion, it was a rush job and needs to be redone sometime in the near future.

#123 10 years ago

Just installed one in MB and it is sweet.

#124 10 years ago

Obligatory do the Shadow next post. Brian Eddy trifecta!

#125 10 years ago

Got mine in, looks great. Hoping they don't do IJ anytime soon, though - my wallet needs a rest!

#126 10 years ago

Here's a video I made last night. Wifey playing the pin while I filmed. It's AWESOME!

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

Here's a video I made last night. Wifey playing the pin while I filmed. It's AWESOME!

Nice!

#128 10 years ago

This makes me miss my MB which is down for restoration over the winter...

#129 10 years ago

Said it before and I'll say it again: MB was made to have a ColorDMD in it.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I was not happy with the TAF conversion.

In my opinion, it was a rush job and needs to be redone sometime in the near future.

I agree, in part. The problem TAF has is in it's sheer lack of animations. If you watch that last video rockotaco1 posted, there are more animations in that clip than there are in all of TAF is seems! Outside of the bookcase opening, Thing Flips, the graveyard, and the train wreck, there really isn't much else that's animated for them to work their magic. Those animations I mentioned look great and all, but with there not being much else to TAF's screens, I'm happy with my standard DMD. I'll probably end up switching over to the DMDExtender and color my own animations at some point down the road, though....

Now, ColorDMD needs to do Williams IJ or TOTAN next! Both would look fantastic in color!

#130 10 years ago

TOTAN next please, then some other game I don't own next. No IJ for a while - my wallet needs a break! lol

#131 10 years ago

I'm very happy w my TAF color DMD....don't have an MB but maybe someday...

#132 10 years ago

I installed my C-DMD some days ago and simply have to say that it rocks!!!

Expensive piece of hardware - but surely worth the money!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-video-for-monster-bash-is-up/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.