You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
the_count.jpg
Homer2.jpg
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Demand is probably based on the # of games produced plus popularity. Scarred Stiff did not have huge numbers.
I'd bet Fish Tales would sell very well!!!! Why not stick to games with production runs of over 10,000 units on future titles and then do smaller run games
How about doing Fish Tales and LOTR
then Indiana Jones and The Simpsons

It only works on bally Williams game

#52 10 years ago

Patiently waiting for a release date.

#53 10 years ago

Wish there was a color dmd for Pinball Magic! Pretty Please???

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Of all the people who say "give me the tools, I'll color!", it's likely that less than 1% of those would actually produce completed useable color data for a game. It's a long tedious grind, I'm sure, and while it's easy to appreciate the completed work, most people wouldn't be willing to do the work to get it done.

Never mind that most people aren't qualified to pick out their own clothes, let alone colorize artwork tastefully.

It can't be worth their time and effort to release, document, and support consumer grade tools for what they're doing. They crank out titles at a pretty good pace. Can't that be enough?

You are correct, they are doing an excellent job and we are lucky to get what we get. The quality of work and their dedication to pinball is appreciated by the community. The sell out of their product is testament to that.

Addressing getting people that are willing and qualified to colorize art; I think you would be surprised on how many qualified people would step up to volunteer. Just looking at the Visual Pin table creators and Hyperspin theme contributors, the volunteer work done on those platforms are pretty impressive for a niche hobby.

It doesn't have to be massive amounts of qualified artists. Just getting 2-3 volunteers that knew what they were doing would go a long ways into increasing art packs. Yes, 99.99% of the pinball enthusiasts could not do it, but you don't need that many.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

Wish there was a color dmd for Pinball Magic! Pretty Please???

That's Capcom, so not compatible AFAIK. And with so few Capcom games out there I'd be surprised if they tackled it, at least any time soon. If you're gonna code in a new system much smarter to do Stern next.

#56 10 years ago

Is there a poll for people to vote for which game should get the color DMD treatment next? Getaway would look amazing!

#57 10 years ago

Bump for a hopeful release date this week.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's Capcom, so not compatible AFAIK. And with so few Capcom games out there I'd be surprised if they tackled it, at least any time soon.

Yeah, but with how good MB looks with the ColorDMD, could you imagine how good BBB would look with a ColorDMD? Granted, they could only sell a max of 130 or so, but it'd still look awesome!

And that's where the color-it-yourself kits come in....

#59 10 years ago

BBB with color DMD , wow looks incredible if possible...
all pinballs ..

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Bump for a hopeful release date this week.

I had emailed the fine folks at Color DMD, and they told me sometime in the next couple of weeks. Patience, soon it will be here.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

BBB with color DMD , wow looks incredible if possible...
all pinballs ..

Couldn't agree more. Every time I play AFM and grin at the color animations it crosses my mind how good BBB would look........

1 week later
#62 10 years ago

They go on sale tomorrow 8/22 !!

#64 10 years ago

8am PST is says on the website. 10am EDT for you and I

#65 10 years ago

I wouldn't wait long to buy one. It just seems like they go fast, and then it takes awhile before they are in stock again.

#66 10 years ago

Randy, any update with sigma working with Stern machines?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Randy, any update with sigma working with Stern machines?

We demonstrated a prototype SIGMA display for Sterns running at California Extreme in July. Pictures are on our Facebook page. There's still some work to do. We're targeting a display product for Stern games before the end of the year.

#68 10 years ago

LOTR I hope!

Cheers

#69 10 years ago

Just ordered mine. Love it on my SS, so I'm sure it'll be great on MB!!

#70 10 years ago

Please come out with a twilight zone .....I think a lot of people are waiting on this one ....

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We demonstrated a prototype SIGMA display for Sterns running at California Extreme in July. Pictures are on our Facebook page. There's still some work to do. We're targeting a display product for Stern games before the end of the year.

Kick-Ass as usual Randy. Thanks again for all your great pinball upgrades!

#72 10 years ago

Still some available. Grab one while you can!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Please come out with a Twilight Zone .....I think a lot of people are waiting on this one ....

Theatre of Magic too!

#74 10 years ago

I bought mine, can't wait to get it

#75 10 years ago

So just to confirm, these can be swapped out with all compatible games just by using a USB stick?

#76 10 years ago

I ordered mine this morning. Woohoo!

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

So just to confirm, these can be swapped out with all compatible games just by using a USB stick?

Yes.

#78 10 years ago

MASSIVE thank you to Randy for organizing my MB display, went out of his way to help.

#79 10 years ago

Thanks Chip. TOTAN or ToM would kick ass!

#80 10 years ago

Ordered mine this morning and just got a shipping confirmation. I have one in my AFM right next to MB so they should look great together. Now, Indiana Jones needs one when available.

#81 10 years ago

This is a mandatory mod. If you own an MB and don't buy this mod, you should have to relinquish the game directly to me.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Ordered mine this morning and just got a shipping confirmation. I have one in my AFM right next to MB so they should look great together. Now, Indiana Jones needs one when available.

I got ya beat. I will have AFM, MB and MM lined up next to each other, all with the Color DMD.

Quoted from John_I:

This is a mandatory mod. If you own an MB and don't buy this mod, you should have to relinquish the game directly to me.

No kidding! This is the color DMD that I have looked forward to the most.

#83 10 years ago

Making one of these for a Getaway seems to be a no-brainer. I can't think of another game that is more loved by collectors, had a higher production run, is still reasonable in price and has such cool animations.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

Making one of these for a Getaway seems to be a no-brainer. I can't think of another game that is more loved by collectors

Really? There aren't any games that people like better than Getaway?

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I can't think of any!

#86 10 years ago

I'd be curious of the quantity sold vs. other models after 1 week

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

I'd be curious of the quantity sold vs. other models after 1 week

They are now selling the displays generically(sigma) so the quantities are not as meaningful as to which game the display is used in. You download the software for whichever game you want after the purchasing of the display.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They are now selling the displays generically(sigma) so the quantities are not as meaningful as to which game the display is used in. You download the software for whichever game you want after the purchasing of the display.

Yeah. I just ordered one yesterday for ST:TNG because I didn't pull the trigger soon enough on the last run. I think people are even starting to buy them in advance, so they have them for future pin purchases or future support by ColorDMD for new games.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Yeah. I just ordered one yesterday for ST:TNG because I didn't pull the trigger soon enough on the last run. I think people are even starting to buy them in advance, so they have them for future pin purchases or future support by ColorDMD for new games.

Yep, just did that. Needed one for MB, ordered two. Here's hoping TZ gets done soon!

#90 10 years ago

I am thinking about picking up the MB.... It looks pretty good.

#91 10 years ago

Mark, if you haven't seen it in person, the teaser video on the ColorDMD website doesn't do it justice!

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

It's overrated to hell but not THAT many people rub it with a diaper at night.
Def be the highest DMD to Machine price ratio.

Quoted from audihere:

Mark, if you haven't seen it in person, the teaser video on the ColorDMD website doesn't do it justice!

Yes, someone please remember to make a nice fat HQ video of it so other people can see it. THe ones on their website never come close to the real look/feel.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

If you quoted my entire sentence instead of truncating it to support your "wit" you could probably figure out what I meant.

1. Loved by collectors.
2. Had a higher production run.
3. Is still reasonable in price.
4. Has such cool animations.

What other $1500-$2500 games match that?

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

What other $1500-$2500 games match that?

That's probably, from there end, where the risk come into it. I wonder if they would think making a $400 product for a game in that price range may be a harder sell then more expensive games. I mean if you have a MB $400 aint much, and you're almost assured to do it.

Just a guess though.

EDIT: To your point though i agree not many...FT & T2 all i can think of off hand.

#95 10 years ago

True.

It'll be nice once someone hacks these and starts making programs for every single DMD game made. Power to the people and not just the wealthy!

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Initial supply will be half what it was on the previous three runs.

I'm actually surprised that these are still in stock with the low production run.

Then again, since everything is in stock, the code can easily be dumped on another display and MB will never sell out until all of the displays are sold.

#97 10 years ago

You can bet that if the tools were made available that people would definitely program these for the games that they love. While I understand that the market is probably better/easier for the higher-end games at that price, that is a shame. People with "lesser" machines would still love to enjoy the cool factor of these.

#98 10 years ago

Randy,

Any closer to TZ colorized?

#99 10 years ago

Yes, IJ all the way. I salivate at the thought of all those cool video modes in full color...!

#100 10 years ago

Don't forget that these have to be signed for!

Create a UPS MyChoice account today:

http://www.ups.com/mychoice/index.html?WT.mc_id=UPS_Con_MyCTab_Learn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-video-for-monster-bash-is-up/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.